A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy not registered yet

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:08 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 926215.stm

Doesn't sound good...

:oops:

Re: Bellamy not registered yet

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Surely this happens every time a signing like this is made at any club, its just for some reason they have made it public in this case

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:18 pm

Its because its cardiff every fucker hates us :shock: f**k the lot of them :D

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:23 pm

I've got no idea, but guess work would be that CCFC aren't paying all of the wage percentage due to Man City, ie a 3rd party is making payments on CCFC behalf, be that 'a local businessman' or Craig himself, I've read stories about both and not sure where we stand on either! ;)

Can a player effectively pay himself, and would 'a local businessman' need to prove that he could meet his obligation?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:39 pm

Call me stupid but

Man Utd are 800m in debt

Liverpool are 400m in debt

Have they 'proved they can pay off those debts'

and why are they still allowed to trade?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:44 pm

this is an absolute joke!! if it was any other club in the championship this would have sailed through by now!! but know everybody jumps on the bandwagon & make life difficult for cardiff!!! if they do block his registration there must be a case for prejudice here!!!!!! :evil:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:45 pm

taffyapple wrote:Call me stupid but

Man Utd are 800m in debt

i know its a fuckin joke!!! nothing is said to these clubs!!! disgusts me to be honest!!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Nothing is ever done to other clubs and if it is then its not public.

Maybe the Club should ask the question to the football league if they are anti Welsh or just anti Cardiff City I would understand then the low level of bloody refs we have had down Cardiff :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:09 pm

I can see where they're coming from though, Man U and Liverpool may well be in a lot of debt but they've not failed to pay their players on time or failed to pay various tax bills.

This (to me) would appear to a hangover from the Ridsdale era, and lets face it whilst there are still debts outstanding and no-one really seems to know how we are going to pay this possible increase when we are still struggling with our current ones...

Our current directors (or I guess TG) need to make good on all our previous debts rather than wait for them to get into media circles ;)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:10 pm

pull out the prejudice card!!! they cant say bugger all then!!! its so clear that we are being singled out!!!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:11 pm

taffyapple wrote:Call me stupid but

Man Utd are 800m in debt

Fair point mate!!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:14 pm

I think it's more the fact that we're not paying our bills.

Man United could be £800m in debt, but as long as their paying their bills, and aren't having any cashflow issues then there isn't a problem.
I don't think it's a problem with our debt itself, but more the fact we're struggling to pay bills.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:30 pm

brewer918 wrote:this is an absolute joke!! if it was any other club in the championship this would have sailed through by now!! but know everybody jumps on the bandwagon & make life difficult for cardiff!!! if they do block his registration there must be a case for prejudice here!!!!!! :evil:

I don't believe that it is a joke at all, just look at our recent history:-
* 3 HMRC winding up orders for non payment of VAT / PAYE
* Clubs such as Sunderland, Charlton and Motherwell, complaining about significantly delayed payments for players previously signed
* Langston debt
* Numerous other creditors
* 2 transfer embargos and a Chief Executive admitting that we could face a third one
* multiple delays in the payment of employee salaries
* Delay in paying the Welsh FA the Wales gate receipts

We may not like it, but the Football League would be failing in their duty if they did not query how we are able to finance the deal. If any other club had our record we would moan like stink if the FL did not step in.

The FL have kept quiet over the signings of Koumas and co, so whether they have queried those I don't know. But with Bellamy being such a high profile signing it is hardly surprising that the FL have gone public, they need to provide reassurance to all the other clubs. That is just what we would want if one of our indebted rivals signed a similarly high profile player.

We also have to accept that we may continue to receive "tough treatment" from other clubs, HMRC and others until we establish a reputation for paying on time every time. This will take years to achieve and we cannot complain if others are reluctant to give us credit. We may not like all of our legacy but we have to accept that others will judge us on it.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Don't worry Vincent tan will just send the football League proof of his bank balance together with a two fingered gesture - job done :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:07 pm

Griff wrote:
brewer918 wrote:this is an absolute joke!! if it was any other club in the championship this would have sailed through by now!! but know everybody jumps on the bandwagon & make life difficult for cardiff!!! if they do block his registration there must be a case for prejudice here!!!!!! :evil:

I don't believe that it is a joke at all, just look at our recent history:-
* 3 HMRC winding up orders for non payment of VAT / PAYE
* Clubs such as Sunderland, Charlton and Motherwell, complaining about significantly delayed payments for players previously signed
* Langston debt
* Numerous other creditors
* 2 transfer embargos and a Chief Executive admitting that we could face a third one
* multiple delays in the payment of employee salaries
* Delay in paying the Welsh FA the Wales gate receipts

We may not like it, but the Football League would be failing in their duty if they did not query how we are able to finance the deal. If any other club had our record we would moan like stink if the FL did not step in.

The FL have kept quiet over the signings of Koumas and co, so whether they have queried those I don't know. But with Bellamy being such a high profile signing it is hardly surprising that the FL have gone public, they need to provide reassurance to all the other clubs. That is just what we would want if one of our indebted rivals signed a similarly high profile player.

We also have to accept that we may continue to receive "tough treatment" from other clubs, HMRC and others until we establish a reputation for paying on time every time. This will take years to achieve and we cannot complain if others are reluctant to give us credit. We may not like all of our legacy but we have to accept that others will judge us on it.

nice 1 griff you just topped my evening right off!!! but since all this we now committed investors in the malaysians!! :D

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:38 am

Brewer

The Malaysians will sort it out in time, but meanwhile we will be judged on the former regieme and this will take a while to disappear from peoples minds

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:54 am

Man utd, Liverpool are servicing their debt, some argue that ccfc are not, thus making us insolvent?