Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Am I Glory Hunter?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:56 pm

I need this cleared up as it is doing my head in now.

My background:

I didn't support a team until I started comprehensive school. I then chose to support Chelsea, mainly because of their success and my father's friend was Chelsea mad and always talked about them and gave me a Chelsea key ring.

When I was 14 my mate asked me if I wanted to go and watch Cardiff Vs. Leicester (3-2 Chops hatrick). This was my first ever opportunity to watch Cardiff as no one in my family went to watch any football.

Since that match I have only missed around 5 home games and started going to away games two seasons ago, I have been to around 40 away games.

Once I went to that first match I was hooked and almost instantly stopped supporting Chelsea.

However when I talk to my mates about things going on about City they just call me a glory hunter and they say I will dump City when things go bad. These comments are coming from so called Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Leeds fans.

What would you say to them next time they start ranting on about my football supporting past?

Re: Am I Glory Hunter?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:59 pm

Ask them how many games they have seen there club play?
You clearly aint a glory hunter but to be honest they are all welcome a CCS as far as im concerned, lets sell out :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:00 pm

No your not, tell them your supporting your local team and you go to watch them regularly, as opposed too your mates who watch their "teams" live on Sky, your a proper supporter mate. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Ask yourself the question..

Will I support Cardiff through the bad and the good times?

You seem like a real fan. If you want to see glory hunters go to the game on saturday and take a look around.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:36 pm

They are just fuming because they too will be forced into supporting there local team one day.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:22 am

NTB wrote:I need this cleared up as it is doing my head in now.

My background:

I didn't support a team until I started comprehensive school. I then chose to support Chelsea, mainly because of their success and my father's friend was Chelsea mad and always talked about them and gave me a Chelsea key ring.

When I was 14 my mate asked me if I wanted to go and watch Cardiff Vs. Leicester (3-2 Chops hatrick). This was my first ever opportunity to watch Cardiff as no one in my family went to watch any football.

Since that match I have only missed around 5 home games and started going to away games two seasons ago, I have been to around 40 away games.

Once I went to that first match I was hooked and almost instantly stopped supporting Chelsea.

However when I talk to my mates about things going on about City they just call me a glory hunter and they say I will dump City when things go bad. These comments are coming from so called Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal and Leeds fans.

What would you say to them next time they start ranting on about my football supporting past?

were you at Rochdale or Halifax in 1990?

If not you are a glory hunter.

Come on - I pride myself in some stupid pat yourself on the back kinda way that I was there for thoe dungeon fixtures and many many more - but that was just the time of my life that my old man decided to punish me by having a season ticket from 1970 onwards. I have done the same to my son it is just he is seeing many btter times than I ever did at his age.

Glory hunters are those who support a teram for no more reason than they are good. It must give them a feeling of feeling big like an extension of their manhood.

Without people like you and my son we would still be in the dungeon (if a club at all) an playing in front of 4,000 if we are lucky.

Your job is to ensure you keep going and you get more of your mates and family down there.

Onwards and upwards young man.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:09 am

Your not a glory hunter you've just seen the light :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:24 am

NTB wrote:What would you say to them next time they start ranting on about my football supporting past?

I'd say "f**k off, lets take this outside"

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:26 am

My background:

Everyone's got to start somewhere and it's good we're taking fans from them not the other way round. If there are bigger glory hunters around than the Chelsea fans, post-Abramovich (of which there are many thousands), I've yet to meet any

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:41 am

My background:

You're a c**t.

Nah joking mate!! f**k those plastic glory bum boy cuntstains of DNA!!

Tell them to go and get all worked up over the Merseyside derby.... CLOWNS!!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am

Yep...deffo Glory Hunter! :lol: :lol: :old: :lol: :lol: