Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Sala's family to miss out on £600,000 due to City Contra

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:The Premier League registration is separate to the International Transfer Certificate, which was completed after Sala’s move to Cardiff from Nantes. That was registered with the Football Association of Wales and confirmed him as a Cardiff player, leaving the club liable to pay Nantes the transfer fee.

Are you really sure about that Dominic :?

Suggest you do some research to find out why and how ITC are issued and accepted.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Gary,

Always respect your posts, can you clear this up for me please.

Are you then saying Sala is a Cardiff City player?

Truthfully Annis I don't know but I suspect that his registration was not completed by the time he died because of the lack of an ITC. The Booth character has stated that his PL registration is separate to the ITC and that his PL registration was completed after Sala's move from Nantes to Cardiff. How do I put this Annis - UTTER BOLLOCKS.

Fifa Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players where the player is moving between National Associations is clear on this. The following is the wording that covers the ITC requirement:

Any professional player who is registered with a club that is affiliated to one association may only be registered with a club affiliated to a different association after an ITC has been delivered by the former association and the new association has confirmed receipt of the ITC. The ITC procedure must be conducted exclusively via TMS. Any form of ITC other than the one created by TMS shall not be recognised.

As you can see there is not a single mention of a League anywhere only National Associations. So Emiliano Sala was registered with the French FA to play for Nantes in whatever League or Cup Competition played under the governance of the French FA. The Premier League comes under the governance of the FA and Emiliano Sala would have needed to be registered with the FA to play for Cardiff City in the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup.

We now know that there were discrepancies in the documentation submitted by the clubs on the FIFA TMS and that changes had been requested before the transfer documents were approved. What we don't know absolutely is why the discrepancy occurred but until they were resolved the "NEW Association", in this case the FA would not have been allowed to request an ITC from the "FORMER Association", in this case the French FA.

If all that makes sense I hope you can see why I think the claim about Premier League registration and ITC made by this Booth character is - UTTER BOLLOCKS.

Does us being under the wfa complicate it further? Are the club's playing in the English pyramid different?

Wez were are not under the governance of the FAW and haven't been since I think about 2010. Back then there was a bit of a stink about the FAW holding clubs like Cardiff & Swansea to different standards compared with the English clubs playing in the same pyramid system. The FA & FAW reached an agreement whereby governance of the Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid system was handed over to the FA and it has remained that way since.

Having said that the FAW will still get a copy of any ITC issued for a player moving in or out of the geographical area it has governance of because it is an absolute requirement of FIFA. But the copies are more for information purposes rather than registering a player or having any disciplinary power over the player.

Hope that makes sense.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf:

I understand that fa governs the discipline etc but i thought the playets registration were still held by the faw ?

Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:54 pm

wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:The Premier League registration is separate to the International Transfer Certificate, which was completed after Sala’s move to Cardiff from Nantes. That was registered with the Football Association of Wales and confirmed him as a Cardiff player, leaving the club liable to pay Nantes the transfer fee.

Suggest you do some research to find out why and how ITC are issued and accepted.

Gary,

Truthfully Annis I don't know but I suspect that his registration was not completed by the time he died because of the lack of an ITC. The Booth character has stated that his PL registration is separate to the ITC and that his PL registration was completed after Sala's move from Nantes to Cardiff. How do I put this Annis - UTTER BOLLOCKS.

Fifa Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players where the player is moving between National Associations is clear on this. The following is the wording that covers the ITC requirement:

Any professional player who is registered with a club that is affiliated to one association may only be registered with a club affiliated to a different association after an ITC has been delivered by the former association and the new association has confirmed receipt of the ITC. The ITC procedure must be conducted exclusively via TMS. Any form of ITC other than the one created by TMS shall not be recognised.

As you can see there is not a single mention of a League anywhere only National Associations. So Emiliano Sala was registered with the French FA to play for Nantes in whatever League or Cup Competition played under the governance of the French FA. The Premier League comes under the governance of the FA and Emiliano Sala would have needed to be registered with the FA to play for Cardiff City in the Premier League, FA Cup and League Cup.

We now know that there were discrepancies in the documentation submitted by the clubs on the FIFA TMS and that changes had been requested before the transfer documents were approved. What we don't know absolutely is why the discrepancy occurred but until they were resolved the "NEW Association", in this case the FA would not have been allowed to request an ITC from the "FORMER Association", in this case the French FA.

If all that makes sense I hope you can see why I think the claim about Premier League registration and ITC made by this Booth character is - UTTER BOLLOCKS.

Does us being under the wfa complicate it further? Are the club's playing in the English pyramid different?

Wez were are not under the governance of the FAW and haven't been since I think about 2010. Back then there was a bit of a stink about the FAW holding clubs like Cardiff & Swansea to different standards compared with the English clubs playing in the same pyramid system. The FA & FAW reached an agreement whereby governance of the Welsh clubs playing in the English pyramid system was handed over to the FA and it has remained that way since.

Having said that the FAW will still get a copy of any ITC issued for a player moving in or out of the geographical area it has governance of because it is an absolute requirement of FIFA. But the copies are more for information purposes rather than registering a player or having any disciplinary power over the player.

Hope that makes sense.

I understand that fa governs the discipline etc but i thought the playets registration were still held by the faw ?

No Wez the governance covers both on and off field issues including registrations, transfers and even doping. Another thing Involved in making the change of governance was the FA could not question Cardiff over potential 3rd party influence over of clubs transfers, If I remember correctly it was the Ridsdale loan from Ray Ranson and the "Player Finance Fund" loan,

I'm sure the FA have governance of the Welsh clubs playing in the top 4 leagues of the English pyramid system.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:21 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gary,

Hope that makes sense.

No Wez the governance covers both on and off field issues including registrations, transfers and even doping. Another thing Involved in making the change of governance was the FA could not question Cardiff over potential 3rd party influence over of clubs transfers, If I remember correctly it was the Ridsdale loan from Ray Ranson and the "Player Finance Fund" loan,

I'm sure the FA have governance of the Welsh clubs playing in the top 4 leagues of the English pyramid system.

So.if hes not registered with the Premier league hes not officially a cardiff player and they woukd need that to do the itc

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gary,

Hope that makes sense.

Here you are Wez:

PLAYER REGISTRATIONS
Football Association of Wales Player Registrations

The Registrations Department oversee all aspects of Player Registrations within Wales for both Professional and Amateur players. Our duties include: -

Administration of the FAW Player Registrations Central database
Registration of all contracted players, Welsh Premier League Men's, Women's, Youth, Futsal and all Academy/Centre of Excellence player's.
Administration of all FIFA TMS processes.

That is taken direct from the Governance section of the FAW Website. As you can see in respect of Player Registration the Welsh Premier League is the highest placed league which they administer. No Football League and No Premier League.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:36 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gary,

Hope that makes sense.

Here you are Wez:

PLAYER REGISTRATIONS

The Registrations Department oversee all aspects of Player Registrations within Wales for both Professional and Amateur players. Our duties include: -

Registration of all contracted players, Welsh Premier League Men's, Women's, Youth, Futsal and all Academy/Centre of Excellence player's.

That is taken direct from the Governance section of the FAW Website. As you can see in respect of Player Registration the Welsh Premier League is the highest placed league which they administer. No Football League and No Premier League.

All these reports of the faw saying he was registured are bollox and made up then

Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:47 pm

wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gary,

Hope that makes sense.

Here you are Wez:

PLAYER REGISTRATIONS

All these reports of the faw saying he was registured are bollox and made up then

As I see it Wez there are "lots" of reports saying the FAW have confirmed this and that but I'm yet to see any direct link to an official FAW statement confirming these "Reports".

As Donald Trump would say "FAKE NEWS".

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: .

By the way this is taken directly from the FA website on governance of player registrations:

Club Secretaries wishing to download player registration, transfer, cancellation and amendment forms should email registrations@thefa.com and the Player Status department will be able to assist.

Please note that this facility is only available for Premier League and Football League Clubs, and Clubs playing at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System.

Other guidance and information related to player registrations can be found in these Player Registration pages.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:43 pm

castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
castleblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Gary,

Hope that makes sense.

Here you are Wez:

PLAYER REGISTRATIONS

As I see it Wez there are "lots" of reports saying the FAW have confirmed this and that but I'm yet to see any direct link to an official FAW statement confirming these "Reports".

As Donald Trump would say "FAKE NEWS".

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: .

By the way this is taken directly from the FA website on governance of player registrations:

Club Secretaries wishing to download player registration, transfer, cancellation and amendment forms should email registrations@thefa.com and the Player Status department will be able to assist.

Please note that this facility is only available for Premier League and Football League Clubs, and Clubs playing at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System.

Other guidance and information related to player registrations can be found in these Player Registration pages.

its not exactly fake news..if there was any doubt about his ITC status its that which the club would be using as a way out of paying and not this PL registration .

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Excuse me but why the Fock are we discussing if we should pay a club for a player when the poor sod died in a plane crash.

Both clubs in my opinion should come to an agreement where we pay into a pot for the family similar to a pension.

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:27 pm

mr moose wrote:Excuse me but why the Fock are we discussing if we should pay a club for a player when the poor sod died in a plane crash.

Both clubs in my opinion should come to an agreement where we pay into a pot for the family similar to a pension.

Because we are not a charity, we are a business, I do agree that we should provide some payment to the family. But unfortunately we can't throw a record signing fee away if he was not our player. Yes it's sad and a awful series of events but we did not organise his flight, he never played a game for us, we arnt liable just because its a tragedy, but if we are liable we will pay

Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:50 pm

Fordy_90 wrote:
mr moose wrote:Excuse me but why the Fock are we discussing if we should pay a club for a player when the poor sod died in a plane crash.

Because we are not a charity, we are a business, I do agree that we should provide some payment to the family. But unfortunately we can't throw a record signing fee away if he was not our player. Yes it's sad and a awful series of events but we did not organise his flight, he never played a game for us, we arnt liable just because its a tragedy, but if we are liable we will pay

Agree

Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:51 am

Thanks castleblue not of clarity there as sometimes that Booth bloke doesn't half seem to dream up some stuff.

Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:53 pm

I think you will find that if the PFA or FA do not pay the £600k, then a certain very generous gentleman will!

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Sky news tv just revealed agents Mckye were working for both Cardiff and Nantes :shock:

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:09 pm

grange_end1927 wrote:Sky news tv just revealed agents Mckye were working for both Cardiff and Nantes :shock:

I didn't hear that

Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:
grange_end1927 wrote:Sky news tv just revealed agents Mckye were working for both Cardiff and Nantes :shock:

I didn't hear that

I thought that's what they would try and claim and it would have to be specific to this transfer. Clearly they would need to demonstrate that we were party to the contract arrangements. Just having general other dealings wouldn't be enough although they do muddy the contractual waters.

As I've said all along I think the contract arrangement and appointment of the Mckays is crucial in determining liability here. More so as its looking more and more likely that the operator has inadequate / ineffective insurance. If there was I doubt anyone would be saying anything about anything. The insurers would have seen to that.

I'm surprised the French Police haven't had the Mckays in for questioning yet. There's already enough info in the public domain to suspect that there's issues with the organisation of this flight. Would any criminality full under the Channel Islands law ?