Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Chris Burke

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:40 pm

I have just been told that Birmingham have renewed their interest in Burkie. No offer has been made but they have enquired.

Re: Chris Burke

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

Are we likely to accept? does this mean McCormack could stay?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:42 pm

carlccfc wrote:I have just been told that Birmingham have renewed their interest in Burkie. No offer has been made but they have enquired.

burke cant go, in my opinion no matter who we buy and who we have, he should be a starter when fit. the guy is quality and possesses the ability to beat his man with ease, dont get them anymore.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

I cant see us selling him.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Cheers for the info :ayatollah:

by the way do you no when we can register bellamy? :)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:45 pm

Cant see him as a prem player, I think this is his level.

milly44 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:I have just been told that Birmingham have renewed their interest in Burkie. No offer has been made but they have enquired.

burke cant go, in my opinion no matter who we buy and who we have, he should be a starter when fit. the guy is quality and possesses the ability to beat his man with ease, dont get them anymore.

totally agree he is a top player & he will have a big part to play this season, if evrybody tries mark craig, this will give burke the space to get forward!! :ayatollah:

We have to register Bellamy by tomorrow 12pm for him to play Saturday, right?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 pm

Bartlett_bluebird wrote:Cant see him as a prem player, I think this is his level.

Until we get promoted, right?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

Ross Young wrote:We have to register Bellamy by tomorrow 12pm for him to play Saturday, right?

Midday Friday I believe! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:51 pm

milly44 wrote:

Agree there Milly. He had a great game against Derby as we had Oli and Drinky holding the midfield so had more room to "strut his stuff".

Quality player.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:52 pm

We would have to register Bellamy by Midday Friday and this will be resolved tomorrow surely, the club will not allow this deal to screw up.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

carlccfc wrote:We would have to register Bellamy by Midday Friday and this will be resolved tomorrow surely, the club will not allow this deal to screw up.

carl it just seems all these haters are coming out of the woodwork & the fa seem to be buying it!!! i fell more stressed waiting on bellamy registering than waiting for the news of him signing!!!!!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:56 pm

carlccfc wrote:We would have to register Bellamy by Midday Friday and this will be resolved tomorrow surely, the club will not allow this deal to screw up.

Cheers :ayatollah:,

how likely is it that the deal will fall through?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Would be really unhappy to see Burke leave if he does, as IMO, he should start on the right, with Bellamy on the left on Saturday!

Here's the team I would select to start against Donny:-

Marshall

Naylor (If he has signed) (Left Back)
Gyepes
Blake
McNaughton (Right Back)

Bellamy (left Mid)
Olofinjana
Koumas (if fit), Whitts or Drinkwater (Would be happy with any of these 3 alongside Olly)
Burke (Right Mid)

Bothroyd
Chopra

:ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Overthemoon wrote:Would be really unhappy to see Burke leave if he does, as IMO, he should start on the right, with Bellamy on the left on Saturday!

Here's the team I would select to start against Donny:-

Marshall

Naylor (If he has signed) (Left Back)
Gyepes
Blake
McNaughton (Right Back)

Bellamy (left Mid)
Olofinjana
Koumas (if fit), Whitts or Drinkwater (Would be happy with any of these 3 alongside Olly)
Burke (Right Mid)

Bothroyd
Chopra

:ayatollah:

what a team fair play but i dont want to jump the gun until he is bloody registered now!! fuckin fa!!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:01 pm

imo burke offers us far more than whitts.
whitts flittters in and out of games then will bag a penalty or a class freekick.
burkie is a threat for 90mins, i know who id rather mark if i was a full back.

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:04 pm

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

lol we have a thread about burke n it again goes off to bellers lmao

please 1 day !!! just 1 day of talking about the other players in our team that also matter :lol:

BURKE IMO has to stay with us this season at least - he is a great player (when fit) and i love watching him play :D

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Carl,

I know this is somewhat off topic but do you have any idea about whether a payment has been made to HMRC regarding the tax due tomorrow?

Terry Phillips was adamant in the Echo that a payment had been made and that there would be no further embargo but we all know that Terry usually copies off this board and I can't remember seeing anything about that :lol:

Any idea if that news is accurate?

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:06 pm

Jez wrote:jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

please 1 day !!! just 1 day of talking about the other players in our team that also matter :lol:

BURKE IMO has to stay with us this season at least - he is a great player (when fit) and i love watching him play :D

would love to edit this ;)

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm

i hope he dont go, one of our best players :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:23 am

I cant see him getting in the team myself and he goes missing as much as whittingham and neither will be in the first 11 witk Koumas and Bellamy out wide.

Sell them if we get a good offer and use the cash to recruit players who could play in the PL

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:04 pm

milly44 wrote:
Jez wrote:jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

would love to edit this ;)

Molly thas cos ya a tw&t :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:12 pm

I think we need to keep Burke, he offers us something out wide on the right
that no-one else does.

Whittingham I think may well leave with McCormack. He is obviously good
enough to stay here but I can see him dragging out signing a new contract
because he isnt sure if he'll start anymore. No point him sitting on the bench
for a few months cos his contract is running down as we speak. Sell him, get
a million + and move onwards and upwards :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:23 pm

milly44 wrote:imo burke offers us far more than whitts.
whitts flittters in and out of games then will bag a penalty or a class freekick.
burkie is a threat for 90mins, i know who id rather mark if i was a full back.

This is completely co signable

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:30 pm

Burke is more difficult to mark but it doesnt mean he is a better player does it?
Witts offers this club a lot, we have some great options now.

For me, id go

Marshall
Kev
Gypes
Blake
Naylor

Witts
Olly
Drinkwater/McPhail

Bellamy and Chops wide(ish)

Jay