Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN LEO FORTUNE WEST

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:47 pm

scored a hatrick away to york city and we got promoted to division 3, i still got the south wales echo with me smack bang in the middle pages dancing on the pitch, i bloody loved the good old days :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN LEO FORTUNE WEST

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

lets all do the leo, lets all do the leo la la la la :old: :old: :old: :old: (we need a hands in the air icon ) :D

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:49 pm

He was a terrible player at times though. :lol:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:50 pm

we had a pitch invasion afterwards! never forget that day!

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:55 pm

it always brings a tear to my eye when i think about that day, and in fairness to leo he was shit but he played with all his heart and i bloody loved him and earnie together (little and large) :old: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah: :old: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:57 pm

ye pitch invasion at the end ,we were all climbing up over this fence which seemed really high not realising the gate was open beneath us fun days and lots of bow

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:12 pm

I was in the home grandstand and Russell Perrett threw me his top. Great day and weekend in York. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:17 pm

My Favourite Leo moment, not sure who it was against or when, but, and I kid you not Leo nutmeging an opposition player in the corner between the Grange End and the Bob Bank, it was a mixture of laughs, cheers and stunned silence :lol:

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:22 am

I remember that huge centre half we had John Williams

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:24 am

joncandy wrote:My Favourite Leo moment, not sure who it was against or when, but, and I kid you not Leo nutmeging an opposition player in the corner between the Grange End and the Bob Bank, it was a mixture of laughs, cheers and stunned silence :lol:

more stunned silence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he was hard not to love

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:10 am

Remember it well !

I was back in Yorkshire to make a weekend of it and took two mates "One a Halifax Fan the other Rangers" Before the game they asked who the best players were. I mentioned the fans loved Leo but he had problems controlling the ball in front of goal especially his "ten bob head". How wrong I was.

Good times after the match climbing over the seats to get on the pitch. York still play at Bootham Cresent although if persimmon homes get there way it ont be much longer !

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 am

i wuz there :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:35 pm

At the final whistle,we climbed over the fence to get on the pitch but as my mate got over his feet smashed me in the face & give me a bleeding nose. All over my new grey stone island jumper. :lol: they were the days :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:07 pm

LFW - didnt matter what he did on the pitch - he was always one of them players didn't warm to watching no matter what

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Leo was brilliant that day ,he beat their back four up all afternoon. He was the only reason we got the point we needed ,but i stood by people who i swear would rather have seen us lose than give him any credit.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:48 pm

Ben wrote:
joncandy wrote:My Favourite Leo moment, not sure who it was against or when, but, and I kid you not Leo nutmeging an opposition player in the corner between the Grange End and the Bob Bank, it was a mixture of laughs, cheers and stunned silence :lol:

more stunned silence :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

he was hard not to love

Eddie Johnson of the times.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Up crew midweek freezing cold. frozen pitch. Equalled disaster for Leo Todd carty dancing on ice had nothing on him.
Anybody know what's he up to?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 pm

Tubzo wrote:Up crew midweek freezing cold. frozen pitch. Equalled disaster for Leo Todd carty dancing on ice had nothing on him.

Was that the time when loads of Cardiff were locked outside ? If it was I was one of the unlucky lads outside.a few lads had the idea of breaking into the ground :lol: ,terry yorath was in charge & he came outside to try & calm everyone down,he said he was gonna get us all in untill someone called him a wanker :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

Tubzo wrote:Up crew midweek freezing cold. frozen pitch. Equalled disaster for Leo Todd carty dancing on ice had nothing on him.

correct me if im wrong but andy legg scored and there was a pitch invasion and the city fans were slipping all over the place

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 pm

ristey1927 wrote:

correct me if im wrong but andy legg scored and there was a pitch invasion and the city fans were slipping all over the place

You are correct ,my mates who were in the ground said it was one of the best pitch invasions ever. 100's of Cardiff on there :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:17 pm

i actually hugged andy legg !!! and then as i ran off i slipped and landed on my arse and slid for half the lenth of the pitch, absolutley brilliant :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

i loved the good old days !

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO JORN SCHWINKENDORF ????? he was better than roger johnson :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

What I remember was there was a lock out of the pubs a few guys I went with spent the night in a chippy to keep warm . As they couldn't break into the ground :D