Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Positive!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:09 am

The Football League will not intervene in the Bellamy deal as they regard it as a one-off transfer and would only begin to be concerned if a club loaned several players to another club and made them like a feeder team.

Cardiff also had their transfer embargo lifted after paying off their debts. The money owed to Motherwell is not regarded as a domestic debt by the Football League and it would be the same in reverse for the Scottish League.

Re: Positive!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:10 am

:ayatollah: where you get that from ?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:16 am

denton2k6 wrote::ayatollah: where you get that from ?

A wee bit of internet research whilst I am meant to be working hard :ayatollah:

But it gave me rather a lovely buzz when I read it.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:17 am

SarahBluebirdCCFC wrote:
denton2k6 wrote::ayatollah: where you get that from ?

A wee bit of internet research whilst I am meant to be working hard :ayatollah:

But it gave me rather a lovely buzz when I read it.

She is only providing that info to get out of her shirt eating event on saturday.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:20 am

i just found the link but it off the mirror football, u no how much crap they talk.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:23 am

bluebirds23 wrote:i just found the link but it off the mirror football, u no how much crap they talk.

Why burst a positive bubble.
And after reading loads more information and research on the internet, it would appear that they are not talking crap.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:26 am

SarahBluebirdCCFC wrote:The Football League will not intervene in the Bellamy deal as they regard it as a one-off transfer and would only begin to be concerned if a club loaned several players to another club and made them like a feeder team.

Cardiff also had their transfer embargo lifted after paying off their debts. The money owed to Motherwell is not regarded as a domestic debt by the Football League and it would be the same in reverse for the Scottish League.

I think that you are right Sarah, but whilst I know that our circumstances are not the same as Pompey's either, didn't the FA withold their television money last season to pay off creditors, including at least one team from Europe?

My recollection is that they paid the TV money directly to at least one club, that they owed money to abroad!

I also know that even if it didn't happen, our own TV money was reportedly going to be witheld, to pay off Sunderland for Chopra's outstanding £1.5 million!