Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The League setting a dangerous precedent

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 am

They are questioning our debs !! well fine are they also going to question Man Utd who are nearly 1 billion in debt or stop the transfer activities of Liverpool who are several hundred million in DEBT ? Nearly every club is in debt show me a club that isn't.
Its a case of pot kettle black with these jealous supporters of other clubs. Would they be doing this if it was a English club? No they wouldn't it is nothing short of Racism. Sorry Rob/ Annis but you tell me otherwise. Even the jacks are piping up when they have failed to pay there rent for many years.
So the league want to bow to pressure of JEALOUSY then fine but they will also have to look into EVERY CLUB that is in debt if they enter the transfer or loan market.
I hope the team take it out on Donny on Saturday. :cry: :cry: This is Nuclear signing off and pissed off :lol:

Re: The League setting a dangerous precedent

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:33 am

In a way, I kind of agree with them. I just hope we do have the means to pay for all our player's wages and the PAYE that goes along with it. This is something Ridsdale often neglected to do and is the main reason, or probably only reason, we had the winding up orders against us. I wouldn't want Bellamy's signing, or any other signings, to jeopardise the club being run on a firm financial footing.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:46 am

If it now means that ALL clubs have to abide by the same rules and prove that they are able to pay then that's fine.

Whilst we have debts, court dates,embargos,etc we have NOT taken the admin route and left creditors with just pence in the pound payments - we are trying to pay them.

Hopefully TG will get this club back on track and we should be very grateful we have him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:54 am

Ahh, but the Man Utd's and Liverpool's of this world are fine, as they are not answerable to the Football League, only the Premier League. And we all know that the Premier League like to turn a blind eye to all things financial as long as it's kept quiet. Look at Pompey. As soon as the news broke, the PL and the rest of the elite turned their backs on them sharpish!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:58 am

bangs head.

Debt isn't in itself bad.

It's bad when it's not serviceable.

Whining about say Man Utd is a dumb example given the turnover and income they generate.

Unserviceable debt is the major problem, that's the cetegory we've been in for years...

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:07 am

its right the 1st comment they werent going to let us in to europe when we lost in the fa cup final (if we won).
because we were welsh? even thought we are in the english league why is that fair?
i also cant believe they are even considering the fact of stopping bellamys transfer? cardiff havent broke any rules so why can they possibly stop it?
if they do surelly cardiff can sue them due to loss of earnings and loss of promtion (maybe end of season) that is alot of money, would this be a problem if he went to ipswich and middlesbrough? NO its clearly in my opionion it is racisim.

this has f'd me off because you got the likes of Jermmy Kyle comment on this matter and why is he comment on it? he know alot about football mind when at the world cup he asked fabio C to call up gareth bale for england. So he should stick to telling off naughty children!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:13 am

nerd wrote:bangs head.

Whining about say Man Utd is a dumb example given the turnover and income they generate.

Unserviceable debt is the major problem, that's the cetegory we've been in for years...

Sorry DUMB!! but how much income have we tuned over since bellamy signed? or is that another dumb example Nerdy :evil:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:16 am

Nuclearblue wrote:

Sorry DUMB!! but how much income have we tuned over since bellamy signed? or is that another dumb example Nerdy :evil:

Nope, not grasping the point.

Wages have run far, far higher than income. It's not enough to point out and say "well, we made X million due to adding to outgoings of player Y".

That;'s why comparing us to man U and Liverpool is an utterly false analogy.

Both those have very high levels of debt which they are able to service.
We've a high level of debt we've only very recently been able to deal with.

That's the massive difference between the situations presented, which is why it's a false argument.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 am

bluebird brana wrote:its right the 1st comment they weren't going to let us in to europe when we lost in the fa cup final (if we won).
because we were welsh? even thought we are in the english league why is that fair?
i also cant believe they are even considering the fact of stopping bellamy's transfer? cardiff haven't broke any rules so why can they possibly stop it?
if they do surelly cardiff can sue them due to loss of earnings and loss of promotion (maybe end of season) that is alot of money, would this be a problem if he went to ipswich and middlesbrough? NO its clearly in my opinion it is racism.

this has fed me off because you got the likes of Jeremy Kyle comment on this matter and why is he comment on it? he know alot about football mind when at the world cup he asked fabio C to call up gareth bale for england. So he should stick to telling off naughty children!

Exactly Chief who does wonder boy Kyle support ? ohh West f*cking Ham deeper than the deepest shithouse in debt which Sullivan and gold are trying to put right. That's the last time i will appear on his show. I will go to Trisha with my sex swap plan and is the baby of my Lesbian wife mine. And i promise to pay for the baby with my disability benefits for Alcoholism. that will show him :lol: :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:21 am

nerd wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Nope, not grasping the point.

Wages have run far, far higher than income. It's not enough to point out and say "well, we made X million due to adding to outgoings of player Y".

That;'s why comparing us to man U and Liverpool is an utterly false analogy.

Both those have very high levels of debt which they are able to service.
We've a high level of debt we've only very recently been able to deal with.

That's the massive difference between the situations presented, which is why it's a false argument.

If you have a point to make why do you have to refer to the post as DUMB that is what i take offence at not your views

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
If you have a point to make why do you have to refer to the post as DUMB that is what i take offence at not your views

I pointed out the analogy was dumb, not you or the post... which is true, because it's nothing more than a surface view. Which is precisely what we're complaining about others doing to us.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:01 am

totally agree with every word you've said nuclear i'm pissed off with the football league as well, this is one of if not the biggest thing to happen to our club and they have pissed all over our parade you'd think they would be happy that such a talented player has dropped into the championship, they hate us they don't mind us just making up the numbers but as soon as they think we are going to be successful they try to f**k things up for us , we weren't wanted in the play off final :twisted:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:07 am

Nuclearblue wrote:They are questioning our debs !! well fine are they also going to question Man Utd who are nearly 1 billion in debt or stop the transfer activities of Liverpool who are several hundred million in DEBT ? Nearly every club is in debt show me a club that isn't.
Its a case of pot kettle black with these jealous supporters of other clubs. Would they be doing this if it was a English club? No they wouldn't it is nothing short of Racism. Sorry Rob/ Annis but you tell me otherwise. Even the jacks are piping up when they have failed to pay there rent for many years.
So the league want to bow to pressure of JEALOUSY then fine but they will also have to look into EVERY CLUB that is in debt if they enter the transfer or loan market.
I hope the team take it out on Donny on Saturday. :cry: :cry: This is Nuclear signing off and pissed off :lol:

Are the Jacks being racist too?

Man Utd and Liverpool haven't faced winding up orders have they? I don't think it is cos of the transfers but the fact that we are signing a 90k a week player who it is being widely publicised is not taking a pay cut. That's the issue I believe.

I think were it another club in a similar situation to us we would potentially have some issues with it.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:11 am

billy ronson wrote:If it now means that ALL clubs have to abide by the same rules and prove that they are able to pay then that's fine.

Whilst we have debts, court dates,embargos,etc we have NOT taken the admin route and left creditors with just pence in the pound payments - we are trying to pay them.

Hopefully TG will get this club back on track and we should be very grateful we have him. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I believe we would have taken the admin route had the debts not been secured. I may be wrong but that's my understanding.