Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Our finances

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:33 am

Don't mean to be funny but it's time to realise that we now have wealthy businessmen at the helm of our club.

They will settle all our debts, despite the goings on with other board members but they will do it their way!.

Have they become successful, respected and powerful by giving in and just taking it up the rear?.

No way!.

In my opinion, they had a gameplan right from the start, and everything is working quite beautifully for them.

They have probably paid more than £10 million since the play off final, and, I don't think they will just walk away from that!.

Over the last couple of months, the waters have been well and truly tested, and, TG and VT know they need to squeeze the

other parasites out as they have helped little when the club was in need.

Think about it, if any of us had thrown £10 million at this football club, would we just let it go to the wall and walk away from

it?. I for one would not but I would go about things in my own way and not bow to pressures from those not willing to help

the cause.

I beleive we are in safe hands.

As far as the Bellamy situation goes, I don't think we have done anything wrong. He is Man City's player and they can do with

him what they choose. If that means sending him out on loan for a year to a Championship club, paying the majority of his

wages and this suits all parties, i.e Man City, Cardiff City and Craig Bellamy, what's wrong with that?.

All those questioning the move need to take a bloody good look at themselves and accept that, had they been in a similar

position, would they not have done exactly the same?. I think they would and they would have taken every possible step to

make it happen. Would they have worried that it would be an unfair advantage?. Don't make me laugh!.

Other clubs have had an unfair advantage over us for bloody years, having a wealth of players to choose from, when we have

struggled to fill the bench. We have just had to get on with it!. Now that the tide has turned in our favour, all and sundry are

crying foul. I hope the club can sort this mess out once and for all and we can then concentrate on the season ahead.

Just because we have signed Craig Bellamy, doesn't mean we will get promotion, it's still a gamble, as is any other loan

signing for any other club, should that player get a long term injury in his first game. That's the way it goes.

Anyway, I hope as you all do this gets sorted, cos we have been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last few months, and

we are after all, CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS!!.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Our finances

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:39 am

Bluebandit wrote:Don't mean to be funny but it's time to realise that we now have wealthy businessmen at the helm of our club.

They will settle all our debts, despite the goings on with other board members but they will do it their way!.

Have they become successful, respected and powerful by giving in and just taking it up the rear?.

No way!.

In my opinion, they had a gameplan right from the start, and everything is working quite beautifully for them.

They have probably paid more than £10 million since the play off final, and, I don't think they will just walk away from that!.

Over the last couple of months, the waters have been well and truly tested, and, TG and VT know they need to squeeze the

other parasites out as they have helped little when the club was in need.

Think about it, if any of us had thrown £10 million at this football club, would we just let it go to the wall and walk away from

it?. I for one would not but I would go about things in my own way and not bow to pressures from those not willing to help

the cause.

I beleive we are in safe hands.

As far as the Bellamy situation goes, I don't think we have done anything wrong. He is Man City's player and they can do with

him what they choose. If that means sending him out on loan for a year to a Championship club, paying the majority of his

wages and this suits all parties, i.e Man City, Cardiff City and Craig Bellamy, what's wrong with that?.

All those questioning the move need to take a bloody good look at themselves and accept that, had they been in a similar

position, would they not have done exactly the same?. I think they would and they would have taken every possible step to

make it happen. Would they have worried that it would be an unfair advantage?. Don't make me laugh!.

Other clubs have had an unfair advantage over us for bloody years, having a wealth of players to choose from, when we have

struggled to fill the bench. We have just had to get on with it!. Now that the tide has turned in our favour, all and sundry are

crying foul. I hope the club can sort this mess out once and for all and we can then concentrate on the season ahead.

Just because we have signed Craig Bellamy, doesn't mean we will get promotion, it's still a gamble, as is any other loan

signing for any other club, should that player get a long term injury in his first game. That's the way it goes.

Anyway, I hope as you all do this gets sorted, cos we have been on an emotional rollercoaster for the last few months, and

we are after all, CARDIFF CITY SUPPORTERS!!.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Good read that.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:44 am

Thanks Caerdydd_78.

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:33 am

long time lurker, 1st time poster

felt I had to reply after reading this.

Well said! onwards and upwards! :ayatollah: