Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Infighting between messageboards

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:38 am

If the last two days have done nothing more than finally prove that we all need to stick together,then nothing ever will. In fighting amongst the message boards is pathetic when you consider we all support the same team and so many others are against us. Gwyn was right years ago when the RAMS started we had trouble filling buses because Porth lads did not want to share a coach with Treorci lads, or Merthyr did not want to share with Aberdare...Bargoed and Caerphilly, Penarth and Barry...Ely and Llanrumney...etc. etc. etc.....

It took a while to deal with all that but we did it in the end.

Now we have the stupid culture of keyboard warriors attacking each other over an allegiance to a message board when in reality just about everyone reads both and both have their good and bad points...it has to stop guys...we need to concentrate on defending ourselves against the real enemies not fellow fans.

Re: Infighting between messageboards

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:45 am

Hypocrites, the majority of posters on here either post or used to post on Mikes board.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:46 am

Well said Corky..... I enjoy both boards equally, as both have their merits and values even though the content may be completely different. As you said, at the end of the day we are all Cardiff City supporters and come a Saturday afternoon or Tuesday evening will all be stood alongside each other singing from the same sheet.....

If the last few days have proved anything, it is that without a shadow of doubt, what some of us may originally have thought was paranoia in the belief that we were one of the country's most hated clubs, has now become a reality as every man (and his dog) has turned against us, so now, more than ever, we need to unite and show the world that WE ARE CARDIFF, and no matter what they say or do we will still be there standing proud and cheering them on.... TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:48 am

Very true but lets be truthful shall we. Its only a minority who cause this and we know who they are.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:49 am

Im waiting for Carl to start his own board up, and i'm off there :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

Rita Pidsdale wrote:Hypocrites, the majority of posters on here either post or used to post on Mikes board.

I never use Mike's board anymore but I used to a lot but not post much tbh , only reason I switched is that I get much much more info from here , but have to say Mike's articles on his site outside the MB section are top notch ! Just like comparethemessageboards.com its personal choice , simples ! :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:50 am

Rita Pidsdale

That is a comment that starts it off again...we need to all grow up and support each other ...yes we should argue, take the piss, banter etc...but it should never be board against board in a serious way...it makes us all look stupid

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:54 am

Well said Corky - we are all Bloobirds, lets unite and make some noise on Saturday and show em what we are all about.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:59 am

I never go on CCMB anymore, not because I hate it or have any grudges, just because I prefer this one. They can post what they like on there, it has no interest to me, but I have never slagged anything or anyone off on there just as I have never slagged off anyone or anything on here anmd never will do

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:02 pm

i go on both but the lastest news that comes out in the media is put on here 1st before hand :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 pm

I post on both, and Corky is spot on.

Just like every village has its idiot, every message board has one too.

Ignore the muppets, don't rise to the bait/feed the trolls, our enemies are down the M4, and they don't wear Blue.

Peace out

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:14 pm

I am fairly new to this board as I normally post on the Official site board but over the past few days (Bellamy-gate), I have been impressed with this board ALOT. I think theres always room for 4-5 boards to co-exist. Personally, I think it's good to have banter aslong as it doesn't get out of control. It's tribalism at the end of the day. Look at the Ayatollah, other fans hate us coz we've got something that unites us all and they haven't!

All the boards are sound for their own reasons....lets play nicely lol :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:20 pm

there's a charity football match between the 2 MB's on Sunday which is as far as the rivalry should go , I cant make it but get down there and support 1 good cause :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

ps I hope we beat them 6 - 0 :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:23 pm

I agree corky, its a messageboard at the end of the day!! :lol: whats the point of arguing over them???

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:27 pm

AAMB 'til I die! :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

corky wrote:If the last two days have done nothing more than finally prove that we all need to stick together,then nothing ever will. In fighting amongst the message boards is pathetic when you consider we all support the same team and so many others are against us. Gwyn was right years ago when the RAMS started we had trouble filling buses because Porth lads did not want to share a coach with Treorci lads, or Merthyr did not want to share with Aberdare...Bargoed and Caerphilly, Penarth and Barry...Ely and Llanrumney...etc. etc. etc.....

It took a while to deal with all that but we did it in the end.

Now we have the stupid culture of keyboard warriors attacking each other over an allegiance to a message board when in reality just about everyone reads both and both have their good and bad points...it has to stop guys...we need to concentrate on defending ourselves against the real enemies not fellow fans.

Sorry I'm breaking ranks here and questioning exactly what this thread is supposed to achieve? If 'Keyboard Warriors' want to have ago at each other then why not?

Personally I'm not interested in what goes on CCMB anymore, but if others have their differences then that's up to them. At the end of the day we are in danger of over egging a very minor problem which will probably die out of its own accord any way.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:08 pm

Because Tony there are high profile individuals from each board who get on with each other very well. When one board has a group of freaks determined to cause friction between each boards then it can put unwantful stress on friendships. No one wants to see that except these junkies who are the ones that need to grow up.

With all that onboard I will still say it is down to each boards management to sort their own house out. From what I have seen though i would say a flick of the finger would sort out each boards problem here. It really is that small but it seems ot have caused a big impact.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:15 pm

'Keyboard Warriors'

Corky, thats copyright , please ask permission prior to using my messageboard termoligy :lol: :lol:

Nerd is mine too.

Sniper is Annis's

Smoozer is mine, but will release that one now as hes no longer here.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:19 pm

After iv finished kicking shit out of them on sunday, ill gladly shake there hands and see if we can all just.. "get along" :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Daya wrote:'Keyboard Warriors'

Corky, thats copyright , please ask permission prior to using my messageboard termoligy :lol: :lol:

Nerd is mine too.

Sniper is Annis's

Smoozer is mine, but will release that one now as hes no longer here.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=keyboard+warrior
Whyulie?? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:28 pm

I go on both.

This is better for the news.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:30 pm

i did post on ccmb, but i have met a few boys off here so i can put names to faces, also with annis and carl on here , imfo is spot on. i just prefer it here, more homely :ayatollah: