Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

DAVE JONE & 4 4 2

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:55 am

Guys I don't read too many complaints about Dave Jones now!!!! What he is trying to do makes me think he was as hurt as we were that fateful day last May. He saw we weren't good enough and he's putting together players of top quality and ability.

Given a good run without injuries I know we will fly and playing with a quality of football we want. Yes DJ is not everyone's cup of tea but he has our clubs best interests at heart and I for one stand fully behind what he is trying to do.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: DAVE JONE & 4 4 2

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:29 pm

I like Jones but with the players we have at the moment I'd go for 3-5-2

Blake - Gerrard - McNaughton/Gypes
Burke - Drinkwater - Bellamy (free role) - Oli - Koumas
Chopra - Bothroyd

Sell Whittingham.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:31 pm

4-3-2-1
have chops and bellamy playing off jay
they both dont stop running so that will be a result!
:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 pm

bluebirdbrana wrote:4-3-2-1
have chops and bellamy playing off jay
they both dont stop running so that will be a result!
:ayatollah:

Totally agree. With Chops and Bellers running channels, defences in our division aren't going to know where to look or who to follow. But, for Bellamy to be the success we all know he will be, DJ absolutely must ditch the 4-4-2

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:42 pm

Splottoman wrote:I like Jones but with the players we have at the moment I'd go for 3-5-2

Blake - Gerrard - McNaughton/Gypes
Burke - Drinkwater - Bellamy (free role) - Oli - Koumas
Chopra - Bothroyd

Sell Whittingham.

I love the look of that but don't think defensively we have enough. Koumas and Burke are not wing backs.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:50 pm

I know that the 4-4-2 has not always worked for us but if we get back up for Jay why not keep it, I think it only fails when he doesn't play. Why not play?

Blake/Mcnaughton-Hudson-Gypes-Naylor
Whitts-Oli-Koumas-Bellamy
Chops-Jay

With Whitts cutting in on that sweet left foot I can see him causing havoc, with Bellamy cutting in on his right he will do the same, if it fails just swap the wingers to confuse the wingbacks.

We really have a good team this year I think promotion is a cert!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:24 pm

LiamD wrote:I know that the 4-4-2 has not always worked for us but if we get back up for Jay why not keep it, I think it only fails when he doesn't play. Why not play?

Blake/Mcnaughton-Hudson-Gypes-Naylor
Whitts-Oli-Koumas-Bellamy
Chops-Jay

With Whitts cutting in on that sweet left foot I can see him causing havoc, with Bellamy cutting in on his right he will do the same, if it fails just swap the wingers to confuse the wingbacks.

We really have a good team this year I think promotion is a cert!

Why the obsession with Bellamy in midfield? Or even a free role with wing backs? He had probably his best ever season last season and he played wide as one of the front 3 in a 4-3-3 system. For me, he has to play the same role for us and this system will also suit the players we currently have here