Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: ' Cheltenham '

Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 am

NEVER TOO EARLY Cheltenham 2019: Neil Warnock recalls hilarious drinking session with Alan Brazil and Mike Tindall

The Cardiff boss foolishly agreed to 'one drink' at the racecourse after co-hosting the Sports Breakfast in 2015

Never agree to a ‘quick drink’ with Alan Brazil – especially not at Cheltenham.

Just ask Neil Warnock, who found out the hard way when he co-hosted the Sports Breakfast show live from the famous racecourse back in 2015.

The Cardiff City boss was forced to take drastic action when things unexpectedly took a messy turn at 10 in the morning.

He joined Drivetime on Monday to relive the hilarious story:

“I remember when I did Cheltenham with Brazil,” Warnock said.

“At 9.40am he said, ‘Are you coming for a drink?’ [former England rugby player] Mike Tindall was on with us.

“I said I’ll come down for one, Alan – for a ‘quickie’.

“It’s 10.20am in the Guinness tent. They’ve ordered two Guinness, and I had a gin and tonic! And within about three minutes, they’d ordered again.

“So I went to the bar and I said to these two young lads, ‘Every time we come to the bar and ask for two Guinness and a gin and tonic, you only give me a tonic. You understand? And I’ll give you 20 quid. Only put a tonic in, even if they come to the bar’.

“If we didn’t have 12 within about an hour, then I don’t know what happened. So at 10.20am tomorrow, I’ll be thinking of Alan and the others.”