Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Anyone else been fighting our corner all ruddy day?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm

I have been forced today to put a lot of people straight on their perceived view of our finances and their reasoning behind why they believe we shouldn't be allowed to sign bellers?

I'm ruddy knackered from all this arguing.

Re: Anyone else been fighting our corner all ruddy day?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:56 pm

chrissym1 wrote:I have been forced today to put a lot of people straight on their perceived view of our finances and their reasoning behind why they believe we shouldn't be allowed to sign bellers?

I'm ruddy knackered from all this arguing.

same here as long as we do things by the book like who have done i do not see the problem
if some one els does could they explain it to me ?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:59 pm

I have sent e-mails to FL chairman, BBC, Sky, wouldn't waste my breathe on Talksport.

They are all so biased against our club,

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:11 pm

Aye bin fighting our corner on facebook for days!lolAll misinformed and misguided souls..........I pity them!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:14 pm

Being from Carmarthen and working here as well, the majority of the office are jacks or would prefer them...

...so you can imagine the amount of shit I've had to fight today.

We've got Bellamy so f**k off!!!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Big time :lol:

Been arguing with a Plymouth fan on another site I go on.

Him:

no club has done what Cardiff has done and got away with it.

other clubs that can't pay their debts get put into administration, no matter how much of a c**t their chairman was. Southampton, Leeds, Bournemouth, Luton, Crystal Palace, Portsmouth - the transfer embargoes, the winding up orders, the administration, the ten-fifteen-thirty point deductions, the relegations -- why do Cardiff get to sign these fuckin Prem superstars year after year when they are up to their eyes in debt and have been for fuckin donkeys??

the club revolves around balancing everything on promotion, or accumulating £5m-10m more debt a season if they fail. then getting more/new investors in the next season, writing off a couple of the most outstanding debts, investing the rest all into new players and having another go, as the club gets into more debt. why does the FA let them (and only them) get away with it?

Me:

I have made this point in this thread already you Simpleton.
Read it digest it and respond.

What is more honourable, going into Admininistration and paying your creditors pennies in the pound?

Or restructuring your business model and servicing your debts in full?

Here is a list of Clubs, currently in the Championship that have taken the easy way out of Admin over the last 30 years.
Try asking the creditors who had to eat the debt themselves, which is best.

Bristol City 1992
Middlesbrough 1986
Doncaster 1997
Millwall 1997
Portsmouth 1999, 2010
Crystal Palace 1999, 2010
Hull 2001
QPR 2001
Leicester 2002
Barnsley 2002
Swansea City 2002
Derby 2003
Ipswich 2003
Leeds United 2007

Him:

yeah good luck restructuring your 'business model' to pay back £40m worth of debts. without having to sell players, god no!? why should you have to after all?

I think all clubs will be looking closely- and restructuring similarly to get their hands on £40m worth of capital whilst keeping a nailed on first team squad within a shout of promotion

you really are a tool. and a corrupt club of cheating scumbags. hope the club folds and never resurfaces

Me:

Me a tool? At least I have one you soft cocked prat.
Your dislike of Cardiff is distorting your view.

Players we have sold over the last few years....

Robert Earnshaw: youth product, sold for £3.5m

Graham Kavanagh: £350k

Danny Gabbidon and James Collins bought for a combined £300k: sold together for £3m

Cameron Jerome: youth product sold for £3.5m

Chris Gunter: youth product, sold for £2.5m

Glenn Loovens: bought for £250k, sold for £2m

Aaron Ramsey: youth product, sold for £5m

Roger Johnson: bought for £250k, sold for £3m

Add to this, we were expecting a decent fee on Ledley, till he decided to go to Celtic.

If you are going to have a dig, base your facts on something you can back up you bumbling fool.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 pm

Theres a list on one of the messageboards of teams who have gone into Administration.
Then came out of it by paying as little as in Leeds case 7p in the £.
I remember Colin Addision manager of Swansea when they were in admin saying he got peanuts for what he was owed.
We are not in admin and are working to pay our debts,
other clubs should have done the same thing !!!!!!!!!!!!
So tell them to f**k off.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:34 pm

Person I'm arguing against

Id laugh so hard if some championship mercenary defender broke his leg on sat.

Cardiff would be mega fucked then!

Me

ould we? I don't think we would. Nice to see you hope a player gets his leg broken though.

This whole thing is virging on ridiculous, as Alex said, in the first two days he's been here, through shirt sales, gate receipts and season ticket money, the guy has paid for himself.

I admit, we're very lucky to be in a position where a player like Craig Bellamy would want to come here, but every person whining, I wonder if they could honestly say, if they were in a position to bring a player to their club of Bellamy's calibre through help from his parent club, that they would turn it down? I really don't think so.

Them

Maybe that was coming on a bit strong. In fairness your right jealousy is probably a contributing factor I know I'd be just as excited if for example Palace actually did get Davis signed up. I just have such a dislike for Bellamy as a player and I find it more than a bit of a joke that the club can outlay such large amounts in player revenue (whether you made it back already or not is irrelevant) whilst still owing money to clubs like Motherwell?

I agree hell probably rip throw the championship but I wouldn't be surprised if in my earlier comments that he takes a few ahrd challenges from some of the experienced CB in the league and your stuck with a 30 odd k a week player on your injury list.

Forest fan comes in;

It's no jealousy, it's disbelief and anger that they've somehow come out of all that bollocks on top, when they should have been punished. They've barely suffered like any other club that has been in financial ruin has had to.

Don't forget they were bailed out by the PFA not long ago too. It's a bit of a piss take.

Me

Well it's not irrelevent, there's no loan fee involved and we're paying a small percentage of his wages, the revenue makes him affordable, which is what people are kicking off about.

In regards to the Motherwell debt, I 100% agree with you, it needs to be paid and should have been paid long before this transfer came about, our CEO has said that it'll be resolved within a week and I believe him and I trust Motherwell do too.

Bellamy will get targetted in this league, no doubt about it.

My main gripe is peoples assumption that something dodgy is going on, there's absolutely nothing dodgy going on at all, I've said it before, but our backers are rich, like really rich, they could probably buy a premier league club and give it a fair budget.
The only debts we have left now are the Motherwell one that'll be paid and our debt to Langston which is a non footballing matter, it was a loan to the club from Sam Hammam. The amount is fairly big admittedly but it's now become a debt that's affordable.

We could have taken the easy way out of administration a long time ago, but we've chosen to stick out our debts and pay them off honestly.

We might have been fairly smug over the last few days, as anyone would be, our squad is incredible at the moment and after the end of last season, it's nice to feel a bit optimistic again.
I just hope the Football League see sense and register him in time to play on Saturday.

Adam, don't you see that if time and time again we hadn't have proved that we could pay off our debts that we would have been forced into administration, financial 'ruin' is absolute f*cking bollocks there's a LOT of clubs with bigger debts than us that have been looked past because they are affordable debts, which is the exact situation we're in now, had Ridsdale still been in charge, this wouldn't have been possible. It's absolute clear jealousy.

Manchester City asked for proof that we could afford Bellamy, we gave them that.

Them

The thing is, other clubs haven't been afforded the time and chances you have.

Me

Because each chance we've been given has been given for a reason.

Tranmere fans turn

Regarding Motherwell, if you have that much money, how come Cardiff have been dragging their heels over the last few weeks over a debt of what, several hundred thousand pounds? If they could buy and give a Premier League club a decent budget, why won't they just pay a relatively small amount to someone they owe?

and a Carlisle fan for good measure

Yeah, it's been raised before (or similar issues) and the standard response is that they're rich, so it'll get sorted. No naivety whatsoever.

Me

The reason it hasn't been paid off is down to the board members based here and the ones based in Malaysia, the ones here have expected them to pay off every debt even though the Malaysians only own around 30% of the club. As I've said it should have been paid off a long time ago, and Tuesday was an embarrasing day for us as well as a brilliant day, now it's been called out and has been addressed, I fully believe that it's going to be paid off within a week, as has been stated by the club.

The reason why the Malaysians have been so readily to pay for Bellamy and not for Motherwell, it's easy to see at the moment, Bellamy = Investment, he'll make money for them, while the Motherwell debt is exactly that, a debt, maybe it's not right that they've taken the Bellamy situation as a higher priority but they have done. Cry about it.

Another reason why the Motherwell debt hadn't been paid is that we were under an embargo due to unpaid debts to Sunderland, Charlton and HMRC altogether this came to around five-seven million pounds, they took priority over Motherwell because they were the reason why were under the embargo, not Motherwell, these debts have been paid off in full by the Malaysians as well as player severance pay and bonuses, with the Motherwell debt at such a relatively small amount, it took a lower priority that those debts mentioned, again, maybe not fair, but that's business.
Would I be fuming if Manchester United owed us 200k? Yeah I would, and rightly so are Motherwell but I can understand right now that it's business and now our board have been called out on it, it's given them the kick up the back side to put the paying of money to Motherwell in motion.

Finally, the reason we have been able to sign so many high profile player is obvious, they are loans, as mentioned, we released 10 players over the Summer that has free'd up a fair bit of the wage budget, there has been no loan fee involved with any club and in the case of Bellamy, we also now own his image rights.

The fact is, the Football League have no basis on which to block the registration of Craig Bellamy, and they won't. We have the funds in place to pay for it.

If it comes to light that we are doing a Leeds then fine, I'll eat my Cardiff shirt and post the video here for all to see, but right now, what's clear as mentioned is that we're paying our debts while also making a push for the Premier League.

Everything has been done above board.

Hope that explains things a bit better.

Ipswich fan

Just f*cking sell us Chopra and McCormack and I'll forgive you for having Bellamy

:lol:

tranmere fan again

Got no beef with Cardiff really. They were a failing business (speaking in purely financial terms) that got bought out by new owners/investors who have cleared (most of) the previous debt. They got lucky when they really needed to, fair play.

I just didn't understand why they had paid most of their debts, but not one of the smallest.

Does it not worry you that the Motherwell issue will leave some clubs potentially unwilling to deal with you as a club as you've shown unwillingness to pay them sums owed? As a club or business, I'd be reluctant to work with or do any deals with a company that has poor/late payment history.

and finally me again

You've got the first paragraph spot on, had we not found investors we really would be up shit creek, it was a VERY lucky break for us.

Like I said, the Motherwell debt was a matter of priority and not affordability.

It definitely does worry us, especially with the smaller Scottish clubs that we have bought a lot of players from in the past, I can only presume now that given the new situation with our backers, that in future seasons we're going to be in a position where we can pay transfer fees up front and if that would be the case then I can't see many clubs opting out of dealing with us if we pay straight away.

We've had no transfer budget this season, we haven't spent a thing on fee's, if we had loaned four arsenal reserves rather than a couple of established players, none of this would have happened.

Also looks as if we've signed Lee Naylor too on a free, good stuff.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:35 pm

stickywicket wrote:Theres a list on one of the messageboards of teams who have gone into Administration.
Then came out of it by paying as little as in Leeds case 7p in the £.
I remember Colin Addision manager of Swansea when they were in admin saying he got peanuts for what he was owed.
We are not in admin and are working to pay our debts,
other clubs should have done the same thing !!!!!!!!!!!!
So tell them to f**k off.

Here it is;
http://thisispop.wordpress.com/2010/01/ ... and-stats/

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:49 pm

Midfield general wrote:Colin Addison helped ruin many small clubs with his wage demands including Merthyr, Scarborough, Forest Green, Newport, Swansea and the list goes on

I say thats bollocks.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:10 pm

yep, glad to be home, its like talking to a brick wall