A forum for all things Cardiff City

Poll: Is University the best route to Success..?

You may select 1 option

View results

Re: Poll: Is University the best route to Success..?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:52 pm

Midfield general wrote:Personally I didn't have the best education but Ive found the University of Life would beat any formal qualifications.

Agreed fucked around in my school days, returned to college in my 30`s, but University of Life gave me a better understanding and grounding of life than any type of qualification also played a massive part in gaining my current employment, as opposed to educational qualifications which just put the icing on the cake career wise.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I've known a few university graduates who have "failed" when they met the real world. But then there are those usualy in a technical speciality that have done well for themselves.
Midfield general wrote:Personally I didn't have the best education but Ive found the University of Life would beat any formal qualifications.

That's why the technical/practical degrees are worth ten times or more than "arty" types. Experience always trumps theory.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:08 pm

Its so competetive, if you went to a good university with a good major it is worth it, all these fools doing art in Newport university end up in a call centre but with loads of debt.