Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: NANTES REPLY AS CARDIFF SAY DEAL WAS "NULL & VOID"

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Worst case scenario here is the Courts and Fifa telling us after months of litigation to pay the money. We will be slaughtered in the media, be a laughing stock and as I've said on a few different threads our ability to attract players will be impaired and we will pay over the odds fees and wages as a result.

I trust that the club are very sure indeed of the strength of their case for not paying as we will look absolutely bloody ridiculous if we are eventually told to.

Thats my worry, Tan seems to make everyone fight a case for their money but other than Malky who was skint, Tan has lost every case.

Even Ole Solskjaer was settled and he was paid off in full.

He didn't lose the Hammam case though did he ? The figure he settled on was way below what Hammam was claiming so how can that be classed as losing ?

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Isawgarystevensscoreagoal wrote:Worst case scenario here is the Courts and Fifa telling us after months of litigation to pay the money. We will be slaughtered in the media, be a laughing stock and as I've said on a few different threads our ability to attract players will be impaired and we will pay over the odds fees and wages as a result.

I trust that the club are very sure indeed of the strength of their case for not paying as we will look absolutely bloody ridiculous if we are eventually told to.

Thats my worry, Tan seems to make everyone fight a case for their money but other than Malky who was skint, Tan has lost every case.

He didn't lose the Hammam case though did he ? The figure he settled on was way below what Hammam was claiming so how can that be classed as losing ?

Yes he did and it cost us an extra £2mill plus costs of £millions, pure fact.

Ask yourself how come we have had 6 CEO'S and about 8 managers and court cases beyond and so much controversity and £millions in costs in the last 9 years? ? ?

Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:53 pm

piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

exactly

Wed Mar 27, 2019 3:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

not sure about this Malky thing again...
how could he be skint , but more is the point he had lawyers provided by the LMA who normally step in claiming max compo in this case 6mill and come away with a reasonable pay off. but in this case left advising MM to give an apology and statement saying he was dropping it to concentrate on his career..

Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:20 am

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Ask yourself how come we have had 6 CEO'S and about 8 managers and court cases beyond and so much controversity and £millions in costs in the last 9 years? ? ?

I'm sorry but that just isn't correct about Hammam.

Even if you include our legal costs we still paid a many millions less than Hammam was claiming, therefore the legal case was successful.

Pretty simple mathematics, I don't know the exact figures but let's say Hammam was claiming £30m , we settle on £20m and our costs were £2m that's an £8m gain as a result of challenging in court, I'd say that's a pretty good result !!

Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
piledriver64 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tan only appointed 5 permanent managers in 9 years, I would guess that's lower than average.

Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:11 pm

dogfound wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

not sure about this Malky thing again...
how could he be skint , but more is the point he had lawyers provided by the LMA who normally step in claiming max compo in this case 6mill and come away with a reasonable pay off. but in this case left advising MM to give an apology and statement saying he was dropping it to concentrate on his career..

Yes, the Malky case was open and shut and an absolute no-brainer and that's the advice Malky/LMA lawyers gave.

Malky was also our highest paid manager wasn't he ? So hardly "skint" :roll: