Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Saturday's captaincy...

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:35 pm

Will Dave Jones be able to resist the urge of throwing the Captains armband to bellamy for the 60-70 minutes he'll be on the pitch! I Just cant see how anyone in our current squad can captain our side when we have the COUNTRY's captain on the pitch!

Just doesnt make sense, I can see Bellamy coming off around 65-70 mins and giving the captains armband back to Hudson (who I rekon will still start) leave the pitch a few goals up and probably bring Danny on. Koumas possible start, going off for Burke around the 75th minute?

anyway, back to the point. Would it REALLY upset anyone in the current team to make Bellers captain? Cos i know i certainly would be doing just that! :ayatollah:

Re: Saturday's captaincy...

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:36 pm

I wouldnt mind if he did.

I dont think Hudson deserves it right now tbh.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:39 pm

Hudson has already publicly stated not a problem to him if he loses armband to Bellers :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:40 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Hudson has already publicly stated not a problem to him if he loses armband to Bellers :ayatollah:

Yeah, seems like the Bellamy signing has gone down really well with the other players.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:41 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Hudson has already publicly stated not a problem to him if he loses armband to Bellers :ayatollah:

It's a fair comment by him, he knows Bellamy is more of a captain than anyone we have got, and it looks good for when the inevitable happens.

Though........... if he hasn't cut DJ's grass - he may have to settle for the bench!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:42 pm

I would be inclined to make Bellamy earn the captaincy. Regardless of the fact he's our country's captain, a couple of matches of him shouting and encouraging his team mates will see him as the best possible choice by team mates. I can't see Bellers starting on Saturday either. I think he'll get the last 20mins to run at tired defenders, but a start I think will be too risky considering his lack of match fitness.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:43 pm

stick with hudson for now or even bothroyd, but let bellamy settle in first then without a doubt he will be captain!!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:45 pm

Taffy in London wrote:I would be inclined to make Bellamy earn the captaincy. Regardless of the fact he's our country's captain, a couple of matches of him shouting and encouraging his team mates will see him as the best possible choice by team mates. I can't see Bellers starting on Saturday either. I think he'll get the last 20mins to run at tired defenders, but a start I think will be too risky considering his lack of match fitness.

He's said he wont last the distance - but that he is in excellent condition and feels good, and knows his own body better than ever now. I feel he will start, and get taken off around 65-70mins with a huge standing ovation for him.

The man is already a legend for coming home to try and help his team get to the premiership! not many premiership charlie boys would do that! and for that he has already earned captaincy for me...... :ayatollah:

Go Bellers.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:32 pm

PtB wrote:

It's a fair comment by him, he knows Bellamy is more of a captain than anyone we have got, and it looks good for when the inevitable happens.

Though........... if he hasn't cut DJ's grass - he may have to settle for the bench!

:lol: :lol: :lol: