Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

THURSDAY UPDATE

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Cardiff City finally get Craig Bellamy registered as many of you will already know before I post this but what else is interesting in this debacle is that I have been told that today there has been a conference between the FA, FAW and the Football League and there is an investigation into why the Football League Chairman went public with the matter yesterday afternoon. I understand that the Chairman is to be reprimanded over the embarrassing situation he caused and possibly could be losing his position over it.

With regards to the Bellamy deal I for one am delighted to see this deal happen and be finally concluded today but I must admit I took great personnal satisfaction to read Dave Jones' comments in an interview from yesterday evening. He is quoted ( talking about signing Bellamy ) "I've been working on it for two months, with the help of our Malaysian part owners now to help with Manchester City, we got the deal through and it seems to have hit the headlines a bit." http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exc ... g-bellamy-

Now if Dave Jones says it has been 2 months work getting Craig in and it took the help of the Malaysians, that takes us exactly back to the 18th of June and on that day I posted this :

Firstly, when I said that DJ was in Malaysia trying to convince Vincent Tan to put more money in, it would seem that DJ done us proud. Vincent Tan has agreed to back DJ's bid to sign Bellamy and my source has said ' the deal is not dead, Tan is backing the bid but there is still a lot to work out, City upped their offer last week but are still to come to an agreed figure with Man City and also there is still work to be done with Bellamy too '.

Will we sign Bellamy ? I truly hope so but it is not a normal situation, as I have said many times, so we will wait and see, but we are talking about signing him still and are still negotiating with Man City, go back to January and this situation would have been a distant dream and years away, not anymore, it is happening :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16101

So my contacts and their info was totally and utterly correct :ayatollah:

We have signed Lee Naylor as I have told you repeatedly over the last few weeks and dave Jones in the same interview as above confirmed this also, saying "We've just signed Lee Naylor this evening from Celtic,".

Chris Riggott has been training with the club today and was at the club yesterday and Tuesday for discussions, I am told that a deal is close to being completed but is not done yet so again watch this space.

There is talk of other players doing the rounds ie. Loovens, Woodgate, Gabbidon, Pennant to name a few, to be honest I have not heard from anyone of my sources regarding Woodgate or Gabbidon but that doesn't rule them out, with Loovens I know DJ was interested to bring him in on loan a few weeks back but it has gone quiet lately on that front. With Jermaine Pennant the club has certainly spoken with his agent but I believe that this was more in case we did not succeed with the Bellamy bid.

With it confirmed that Ross can go out on loan it has reignited the rumours of a player swap deal and again Hulse is being mentioned but again the last I heard on that deal was it was off and that was 3 days ago but he would certainly be a player that would fit the bill so hopefully the club can get someone in.

I think we will see at least one more signing but hopefully 2 before the window shuts but there will be players going out of the club first. There has been contact from Birmingham regarding Burke and the club are expecting bids for Peter Whittingham because of his contract situation and the Bellamy deal. Fringe players like Taiwo and Wildig could possibly find themselves at other clubs before the end of August.

Re: THURSDAY UPDATE

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Cheers Carl.

Forest are (once again) claiming Whittingham was up in Nottingam today and will be signing tomorrow - any idea if this is true?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:57 pm

Pennent? Woodgate? Loovens? Gabbidon? Jesus give someone else a shout :D :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:58 pm

Gonzo wrote:Cheers Carl.

Forest are (once again) claiming Whittingham was up in Nottingam today and will be signing tomorrow - any idea if this is true?

Not heard this mate

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:00 pm

I'm glad they are investigating that whole thing with the FL.

I think Aaron Wildig has alot of potential. Wouldnt like to see him go.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Cheers Carl. I remember that exact post word for word mate without looking at your link! and yes SPOT on as usual! :ayatollah:

I don't want to see Wildig leave tbh, think he has a bright future, a decent prospect.

Bellamy deal is still incredible and almost surreal! but boy am i glad he signed! I've kept a few Jacks quiet this week delivering in Swansea!

I think we have a very good squad now, and playoff's should be the LEAST we are aiming for!

Where would we be without the malaysians, steve borley & dave jones! Hail to them all......and credit where its due!

thanks again Carl. ;)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Cheers Carl.
Hope Wildig goes on loan as he looks a prospect. Taiwo can go. I hope Whitts does not go as that is a big step backwards.

http://www.cardiffbluearmy.blogspot.com View on Bellamy saga here if you want to read :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:02 pm

Thanks Carl once again for the update. You are making a habit of these daily updates now but I suppose the pace at which the club has been moving recently it warrants it!! I just hope Annis reimburses you for your efforts :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

BluebirdWalker wrote:Cheers Carl.
Hope Wildig goes on loan as he looks a prospect. Taiwo can go. I hope Whitts does not go as that is a big step backwards.

http://www.cardiffbluearmy.blogspot.com View on Bellamy saga here if you want to read :ayatollah:

I agree with the underlined.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:03 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:Pennent? Woodgate? Loovens? Gabbidon? Jesus give someone else a shout :D :ayatollah:

Jesus as well???? :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:05 pm

PtB wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:Pennent? Woodgate? Loovens? Gabbidon? Jesus give someone else a shout :D :ayatollah:

we should go for the full hog and sign the virgin mary too :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:06 pm

PtB wrote:

nooooo man city have signed him already :(

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:07 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
PtB wrote:

we should go for the full hog and sign the virgin mary too :lol:

She'd soon just be Mary hanging around there :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 pm

Thanks again Carl for keeping us upto date. The futures bright. As Annis would say onwards and upwards :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:09 pm

She'd soon just be Mary hanging around there :lol: :o :o :o :o :lol:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:10 pm

Bowmonster wrote:Thanks again Carl for keeping us upto date. The futures bright. As Annis would say onwards and upwards :lol: :ayatollah:

No actually Annis would say - GREAT post carl, THANKS for KEEPING US all up TO DATE with the LATEST AGAIN!
oh and here's an ayatollah :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: one TWO three!

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:12 pm

Merlin wrote:
Bowmonster wrote:Thanks again Carl for keeping us upto date. The futures bright. As Annis would say onwards and upwards :lol: :ayatollah:

No actually Annis would say - GREAT post carl, THANKS for KEEPING US all up TO DATE with the LATEST AGAIN!
oh and here's an ayatollah :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: oh oh ;)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:16 pm

I still think we should try to hold on to everyone know (accepting that ross will go) i mean, we only have loan signings we will only have a threadbare squad at the end of the season if we dont sign them up.

Oh and im glad he is being reprimanded, hope he gets sacked tbh

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:18 pm

WOODGATE . :o

Some great names being linked there.

Is Riggott up to it now, he hasn't played much more than a dozen games a season for the last 4 or 5 years ?

Woodgate -that would be amazing. Surely thats not going to happen though ?

Loovens would be excellent too, but Gabbidon has looked a shadow of his previous self (still one of the best players I've seen in a Cit shirt), and I think I'd prefer to remember him as he was.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:21 pm

Oh and thanks Guru Carl. master of all things blue :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:24 pm

Merlin wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

Yes carl you have been spot on with your posts & your sources have been to!!!! All the crap these snipers have been saying is crazy, I bet they are feeling like absolute muppets the fact that you were right & they were wrong!!! well done mate!!! By the way you wont believe the amount of poeple in my work asking me whats the news on annis's website!!! they are all queing up to register!!! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 pm

CARL do you know if bellers will be captain?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:34 pm

Great stuff Carl, cheers, Good news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Can you confirm that the tax bill will be payed on time this month? That's what's being suggested on Mike Morris' board.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:35 pm

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City finally get Craig Bellamy registered as many of you will already know before I post this but what else is interesting in this debacle is that I have been told that today there has been a conference between the FA, FAW and the Football League and there is an investigation into why the Football League Chairman went public with the matter yesterday afternoon. I understand that the Chairman is to be reprimanded over the embarrassing situation he caused and possibly could be losing his position over it.

With regards to the Bellamy deal I for one am delighted to see this deal happen and be finally concluded today but I must admit I took great personnal satisfaction to read Dave Jones' comments in an interview from yesterday evening. He is quoted ( talking about signing Bellamy ) "I've been working on it for two months, with the help of our Malaysian part owners now to help with Manchester City, we got the deal through and it seems to have hit the headlines a bit." http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exc ... g-bellamy-

Now if Dave Jones says it has been 2 months work getting Craig in and it took the help of the Malaysians, that takes us exactly back to the 18th of June and on that day I posted this :

Firstly, when I said that DJ was in Malaysia trying to convince Vincent Tan to put more money in, it would seem that DJ done us proud. Vincent Tan has agreed to back DJ's bid to sign Bellamy and my source has said ' the deal is not dead, Tan is backing the bid but there is still a lot to work out, City upped their offer last week but are still to come to an agreed figure with Man City and also there is still work to be done with Bellamy too '.

Will we sign Bellamy ? I truly hope so but it is not a normal situation, as I have said many times, so we will wait and see, but we are talking about signing him still and are still negotiating with Man City, go back to January and this situation would have been a distant dream and years away, not anymore, it is happening :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16101

So my contacts and their info was totally and utterly correct :ayatollah:

We have signed Lee Naylor as I have told you repeatedly over the last few weeks and dave Jones in the same interview as above confirmed this also, saying "We've just signed Lee Naylor this evening from Celtic,".

Chris Riggott has been training with the club today and was at the club yesterday and Tuesday for discussions, I am told that a deal is close to being completed but is not done yet so again watch this space.

There is talk of other players doing the rounds ie. Loovens, Woodgate, Gabbidon, Pennant to name a few, to be honest I have not heard from anyone of my sources regarding Woodgate or Gabbidon but that doesn't rule them out, with Loovens I know DJ was interested to bring him in on loan a few weeks back but it has gone quiet lately on that front. With Jermaine Pennant the club has certainly spoken with his agent but I believe that this was more in case we did not succeed with the Bellamy bid.

With it confirmed that Ross can go out on loan it has reignited the rumours of a player swap deal and again Hulse is being mentioned but again the last I heard on that deal was it was off and that was 3 days ago but he would certainly be a player that would fit the bill so hopefully the club can get someone in.

I think we will see at least one more signing but hopefully 2 before the window shuts but there will be players going out of the club first. There has been contact from Birmingham regarding Burke and the club are expecting bids for Peter Whittingham because of his contract situation and the Bellamy deal. Fringe players like Taiwo and Wildig could possibly find themselves at other clubs before the end of August.

Amazing news nice one Pal, what about Keogh ???

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:37 pm

Cheers for the info Carl and I well remember your posting about Bellamy back in June and the stick you took for it. As they say he who laughs last laughs longest :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:40 pm

any truth in Rob Hulse Carl?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:42 pm

Cheers carl.thanx again,some great names mentioned their :ayatollah: :ayatollah: keep up the good work :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Great stuff Carl. Well done.Don't let the barstewards grind you down.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:52 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: