Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: THURSDAY UPDATE

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:07 pm

Thanks again Carl. I hope that the Football League use a bit more discretion when dealing with clubs in future, especially ours, instead of jumping on the grossly hyped up media band waggon. :old:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:19 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Thanks again Carl. I hope that the Football League use a bit more discretion when dealing with clubs in future, especially ours, instead of jumping on the grossly hyped up media band waggon. :old:

Well said Rickeeee you legend of the Admiral Napier!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:21 pm

Blazing Saddles wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Thanks again Carl. I hope that the Football League use a bit more discretion when dealing with clubs in future, especially ours, instead of jumping on the grossly hyped up media band waggon. :old:

Well said Rickeeee you legend of the Admiral Napier!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thanks, Saddles,,,what an honour. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

See you Saturday!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:23 pm

:D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: ;)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:45 pm

I don't think we're allowed any more season long loans - I thought 4 was the limit?

This means we would have to sign short term loans, sign free agents or buy players.

We don't really want to let any of our stars go, with the exception of Ross. The idea was to enlarge the squad so we have good cover for injuries and to be able to rest key players.

Bellamy has been a bit injury prone, and I understand that his knees aren't up to 2 games a week on a regular basis. Lets keep the rest of the squad, Whitts included, at least until Christmas. If we are then in a position to get promoted they will all sign new contracts, or if we have messed up we can return some or all of the loan players and cut our losses.

Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:46 pm

Spot on again Carl, this is surely the most accurate and up to the minute football website around thanks to you and your secret sources. Always well delivered content so keep em coming and thanks
Nice 1

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:02 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to this board been on the others for "years and TBH the main reason I signed up was because of Carl! He's got his finger on the pulse you could say. :)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:11 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah:

Top drawer info as always i think you should be honourably awarded the title of "City's Chief Snout" by Annis, and he should put you on a commision based structure. ;)

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:23 pm

Cheers Carl

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:30 pm

great post again Carl :ayatollah: do you remember a while back you mentioned something that the reason behind the Malaysians only having 35% shreholding would become clearer as time went on , do you have any ideas yet as to why ? And what's the latest with Sam as he gone away for good with his Langston money or is he coming back in a blaze of glory ? :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:31 pm

Cheers Carl

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:20 pm

Thanks for the update Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm

Hi Carl

I have been an avid reader of all CCFC boards over the last 12 months or so, which have largely been worrying times for us all.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your ongoing comprehensive supply of information, which has avidly kept both myself and my son upto date with all things bluebirds.

From a true Cardiff fan I am sorry that some people have taken to issue personal insults and to try and mock when the information has not immediately seemed to be true. I hope you have had a huge smile on your face all this week.

I was at the ground today this evening for an hour or so in the presence of Gethin Jenkins and he seemed to be very happy with matters, but was avidly keeping upto date with matters on his blackberry!

Once again thanks very much for the information and long may it continue...

kind regards

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:52 am

carlccfc wrote:Cardiff City finally get Craig Bellamy registered as many of you will already know before I post this but what else is interesting in this debacle is that I have been told that today there has been a conference between the FA, FAW and the Football League and there is an investigation into why the Football League Chairman went public with the matter yesterday afternoon. I understand that the Chairman is to be reprimanded over the embarrassing situation he caused and possibly could be losing his position over it.

With regards to the Bellamy deal I for one am delighted to see this deal happen and be finally concluded today but I must admit I took great personnal satisfaction to read Dave Jones' comments in an interview from yesterday evening. He is quoted ( talking about signing Bellamy ) "I've been working on it for two months, with the help of our Malaysian part owners now to help with Manchester City, we got the deal through and it seems to have hit the headlines a bit." http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2565/exc ... g-bellamy-

Now if Dave Jones says it has been 2 months work getting Craig in and it took the help of the Malaysians, that takes us exactly back to the 18th of June and on that day I posted this :

Firstly, when I said that DJ was in Malaysia trying to convince Vincent Tan to put more money in, it would seem that DJ done us proud. Vincent Tan has agreed to back DJ's bid to sign Bellamy and my source has said ' the deal is not dead, Tan is backing the bid but there is still a lot to work out, City upped their offer last week but are still to come to an agreed figure with Man City and also there is still work to be done with Bellamy too '.

Will we sign Bellamy ? I truly hope so but it is not a normal situation, as I have said many times, so we will wait and see, but we are talking about signing him still and are still negotiating with Man City, go back to January and this situation would have been a distant dream and years away, not anymore, it is happening :ayatollah:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16101

So my contacts and their info was totally and utterly correct :ayatollah:

We have signed Lee Naylor as I have told you repeatedly over the last few weeks and dave Jones in the same interview as above confirmed this also, saying "We've just signed Lee Naylor this evening from Celtic,".

Chris Riggott has been training with the club today and was at the club yesterday and Tuesday for discussions, I am told that a deal is close to being completed but is not done yet so again watch this space.

There is talk of other players doing the rounds ie. Loovens, Woodgate, Gabbidon, Pennant to name a few, to be honest I have not heard from anyone of my sources regarding Woodgate or Gabbidon but that doesn't rule them out, with Loovens I know DJ was interested to bring him in on loan a few weeks back but it has gone quiet lately on that front. With Jermaine Pennant the club has certainly spoken with his agent but I believe that this was more in case we did not succeed with the Bellamy bid.

With it confirmed that Ross can go out on loan it has reignited the rumours of a player swap deal and again Hulse is being mentioned but again the last I heard on that deal was it was off and that was 3 days ago but he would certainly be a player that would fit the bill so hopefully the club can get someone in.

I think we will see at least one more signing but hopefully 2 before the window shuts but there will be players going out of the club first. There has been contact from Birmingham regarding Burke and the club are expecting bids for Peter Whittingham because of his contract situation and the Bellamy deal. Fringe players like Taiwo and Wildig could possibly find themselves at other clubs before the end of August.

Where I say that the names of these players in bold are doing the rounds I am talking amongst fans and not any of my sources. None of my sources have mentioned Gabbs or Woody and Pennant was mentioned but as another option if the Bellamy deal did not come off, with Loovens as I have already said it was said to me weeks ago which I posted on here at the time but it has since gone quiet.

I feel I need to state this again as some people are stating on other boards that I am claiming they will sign for us and that is simply not the case and also I have not stated that Riggott has had a medical with us either.

I do not mind anyone repeating my info but to avoid doubt and misunderstanding please quote me accurately.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:23 am

carlccfc wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Cheers Carl.

Forest are (once again) claiming Whittingham was up in Nottingam today and will be signing tomorrow - any idea if this is true?

Not heard this mate

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:53 am

Hi Carl, you should have a pm

thanks

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Cheers Carl! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:53 pm

cheers carl :ayatollah: riggot would be solid addition

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:59 pm

petejd wrote:cheers carl :ayatollah: riggot would be solid addition

I agree we need a bit of solidatory in defence, Hudson and Gerrard are not good enough for Prem.