Newport area

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Newport area

Postby blue lagoon » Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:50 pm

Been there the past week on business and I Couldnt beleve what a shit hole it is. How lucky we are to have Cardiff flying the flag for wales. First impresions are everything and I am shocked at the lack of investment. Dont start me on the new shopping centre. Id rather go Caerphilly or Blackwood and even Cwmbran .
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Newport area

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Newport area

Postby bullerlever » Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:47 pm

Being Cardiff boy I moved to West side of Newport (Coed Kernew) due to value for money. New estate and touch wood been crime free since 2005. I agree parts are horrendous but Cardiff city centre has become tent city which was never the case. Walking through Queen Street I was gob smacked with all the tents and homeless. Total hole and was never the case.
bullerlever

Postby ch1ppy82 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:09 am

ive fallen out of love with cardiff town center from tudor road wood street st queen street all terrible places get hastled constantly by smackheads first thing in morning last thing at night awful the ppl on stmarys street off there tits day night horrendus really
ch1ppy82

Postby Tony Blue Williams » Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:51 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Been there the past week on business and I Couldnt beleve what a shit hole it is. How lucky we are to have Cardiff flying the flag for wales. First impresions are everything and I am shocked at the lack of investment. Dont start me on the new shopping centre. Id rather go Caerphilly or Blackwood and even Cwmbran .

I live in Newport and sadly I have to agree. There was investment in Fairs Walk shopping centre but it came 30 years too late. Debenhams will probably go and the rest of it will follow Mothercare out the door. Thank God the Council off loaded it to some Canadian investors or it would have bankrupted us. All that will be left is some very nice empty shopping space full of beggars
Tony Blue Williams

Postby stickywicket » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:Been there the past week on business and I Couldnt beleve what a shit hole it is. How lucky we are to have Cardiff flying the flag for wales. First impresions are everything and I am shocked at the lack of investment. Dont start me on the new shopping centre. Id rather go Caerphilly or Blackwood and even Cwmbran .

I live in Newport and sadly I have to agree. There was investment in Fairs Walk shopping centre but it came 30 years too late. Debenhams will probably go and the rest of it will follow Mothercare out the door. Thank God the Council off loaded it to some Canadian investors or it would have bankrupted us. All that will be left is some very nice empty shopping space full of beggars

I dont go shopping.Is David Morgan still open
stickywicket

Postby BLUE54 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:38 pm

How the Hell was that monstrosity of a carbuncle in front of the Celtic Manor allowed planning permission? It's the first building you see when entering Wales from the Severn Bridge. What an eyesore and what a negative impression it must give. Unbelievable.
BLUE54

Postby ElyBoy1984 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:01 am

The tents in Cardiff centre have finally been removed. (For now)
ElyBoy1984

Postby rumpo kid » Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:03 am

I dont go shopping.Is David Morgan still open[/quote]

It sure is... so is Chelsea Girl, Marments, and the Lexington..
rumpo kid

Return to General Chat