Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CHRIS HUGHTON:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:17 pm

HUGHTON: I EXPECT A REACTION

BRIGHTON FC

Monday 15th April 2019

Chris Hughton says the players are aware they need to produce a reaction following this disappointment of Saturday.
Alex Stedman

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton says he’ll be looking for a reaction from his players when they host Cardiff City at the Amex Stadium on Tuesday night.

The Seagulls were on the wrong end of a heavy defeat to AFC Bournemouth on Saturday on home soil, and the Albion boss is looking for a contrasting performance when the Bluebirds visit the south coast tomorrow evening.

CHRIS HUGHTON:

He said, “It’s a big match and the fact we didn’t get a result at the weekend makes it even more important – but I think it was always going to be a significant game.

“When you’re playing against sides in the same sort of area of the table, they become the matches that have a little bit more importance in people’s eyes.

“The players have reacted well, we had a meeting on Sunday and went through the game and the goals we conceded – if I look at this season it was our worst performance, but this is football and there isn’t one player in that dressing room who hasn’t had a bad defeat.

“It’s about how you respond to that, it’s the ups and downs of the sport, and I expect a reaction from our players.”

Hughton highlighted that he knows the side will be keen to make amends for Saturday’s result, and spoke of the quickfire opportunity to do so in front of the home fans.

“We’re playing in a very competitive league, we’re still newcomers as such and it’s about adjusting to the qualities of the opposition,” the manager continued.

“We haven’t scored enough goals – but we’re not far away from the two good wins we had in March and a good performance at Wembley Stadium, those are the areas as a side that you have to take forward.

“The good thing about the game is that you always get another opportunity. Tuesday evening is a quick chance to turn things around – there will never be any excuses here and if we’re on our game then we have every chance of being in matches.

“I don’t think there will be any difficulty in lifting the players – they are the most important ones in this and they will want to prove a point on Tuesday and show an attitude that says they were disappointed.”

The manager also reflected on the manner in which his team sealed survival during last season, and pointed to every game between now and the end of the campaign as being vital in order to preserve their top-flight status.

“Everybody knows how important the remaining matches are between now and the end of the season – last season we secured our status in the division with two games to go.

“This is not unfamiliar territory because we are a club that’s new to this league and we’re fighting with the quality of this league – every game for us is a big one.

“Recent results have made Tuesday bigger, we’re all aware of what the game means and what the next five after that will mean – we’ll give everything for the rest of the season to get the results that we need.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: CHRIS HUGHTON:

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:35 pm

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton on the 5-0 loss to Bournemouth: "(The) players have reacted well. We had a meeting yesterday, went through the game and the goals that we conceded.

"It was probably our worst performance of the season but this is football.

"There isn't one player in that changing room that wouldn't have gone through a bad defeat, a bad performance, and what it's always about is how you respond to that.

"I expect very much a reaction from our players."

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:13 pm

VIEW FROM THE DUGOUT
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Chris Hughton on the 5-0 loss to Bournemouth: "(The) players have reacted well. We had a meeting yesterday, went through the game and the goals that we conceded.

"It was probably our worst performance of the season but this is football.

"There isn't one player in that changing room that wouldn't have gone through a bad defeat, a bad performance, and what it's always about is how you respond to that.

"I expect very much a reaction from our players."

Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock: "We just have to look at the golf and at what Tiger has done - amazing.

"Nobody gave him a chance either, he has been written off that many times.

"Obviously over the last few weeks we have felt sorry for ourselves a few times. We haven't got time to do that and if it's not good enough then we accept it.

"But this is an opportunity to give ourselves a chance until the end of the season. We have to grab that."

Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:41 pm

Wanker of a chap. Bully as a gaffer as the spurs reserve team. Hope he gets sacked and never gets another job