Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FREE LARGE FLAGS AND BANNERS FOR MATCHDAYS

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:00 pm

I've been to watch Shamrock Rovers a few times during the summer and on matchdays their supporters club, the Ultras leave large Flags on the seats for fans to use.

Use them if you want, leave them if you don't want to.

No one nicks them or anything like that and they are all checked for abusive and offensive logos.

They also have a megaphone man leading the chants etc.

Would the authorities that be allow this at the CCS and also would the fans respect it.

If so, i will be able to supply :ayatollah:

Re: FREE LARGE FLAGS AND BANNERS FOR MATCHDAYS

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:01 pm

what? making noise and creating a good atmosphere??? down the city???

the jobsworth will chuck you out and ban you

only sitting and clapping at goals allowed

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Ben wrote:what? making noise and creating a good atmosphere??? down the city???

Like Fulham and their newspaper tappings....... :lol:

If we start causing it on the pitch then the stands will lose control CCS cameras or not.

The jobsworths will crack first if we're on an automatic promotion push :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:09 pm

a megaphone would be annoying

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:18 pm

The Douce wrote:a megaphone would be annoying

It's just used to orchestrate the first line of the song and then he shut's up and the cowd take over

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Not bad for a club that pulls around 5k crowd per match and only a couple of hundred away fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBYoOY5Vhc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHBYoOY5Vhc

:ayatollah: :mrgreen:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Pitty we arn't allowed flairs. 8-) :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:29 pm

Bring back the toilet rolls

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:43 am

Ccfc Shane wrote:Pitty we arn't allowed flairs. 8-) :lol: :ayatollah:

not seen flares at CCFC since the mid 70's :lol: the bovver boys with the " Kearidiff Aggro " and the blue n white scarves around the wrist and the waist ! 8-)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Vintage 63 wrote:

not seen flares at CCFC since the mid 70's :lol: the bovver boys with the " Kearidiff Aggro " and the blue n white scarves around the wrist and the waist ! 8-)

There was a flare for a game not so long back,it made the papers :D Was it against arsenal. Remember that flare in the welsh game it killed that poor chap.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:57 am

Xcasual wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:

There was a flare for a game not so long back,it made the papers :D Was it against arsenal. Remember that flare in the welsh game it killed that poor chap.

spurs in the carling cup i was in the grange end, hell of an atmosphere :D :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkLmuF0qA4

Fri Aug 20, 2010 1:31 pm

What about Blue Smoke bombs. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:I've been to watch Shamrock Rovers a few times during the summer and on matchdays their supporters club, the Ultras leave large Flags on the seats for fans to use.

No one nicks them or anything like that and they are all checked for abusive and offensive logos.

Would the authorities that be allow this at the CCS and also would the fans respect it.

:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:52 pm

Ben wrote:what? making noise and creating a good atmosphere??? down the city???

:lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 2:55 pm

I was there in the Grange that day too, great atmosphere :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:01 pm

ive been to shamrock and its great,chelsea,rangersand most clubs in europe have them ,looks great .the ninian ultras

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:10 pm

milly44 wrote:spurs in the carling cup i was in the grange end, hell of an atmosphere :D :ayatollah:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLkLmuF0qA4

Milly, Milly, MIlly. FA Cup, not Carling Cup :old:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:28 pm

ultras my arse. megaphones, organized chanting and giant flags being passed around WTF.
bad enough we had to leave one of the last proper grounds for this IKEA flat pack eyesore we call a home now we have to bring in this italian showbiz rara ultra shit.
football is no longer a good old working class game, it a middle class alterative to the theatre :cry:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:13 pm

I'm all for scantilly clad cheerleaders myself!
(female of course)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:I've been to watch Shamrock Rovers a few times during the summer and on matchdays their supporters club, the Ultras leave large Flags on the seats for fans to use.

Johnny - are you living in dublin? i used to live there and follow rovers as well- fair play ste and all the guys who do the ultras really put the effort in I got most of the ultras scarfs and t - shirts. I am over for the sligo game in a couple of weeks as i get over at least once a season. there was a ccfc flag at juve (away)

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:42 pm

sack wrote:

Johnny - are you living in dublin? i used to live there and follow rovers as well- fair play ste and all the guys who do the ultras really put the effort in I got most of the ultras scarfs and t - shirts. I am over for the sligo game in a couple of weeks as i get over at least once a season. there was a ccfc flag at juve (away)

I lived in a Tallaght housing sheme where all the walls are cream and Rovers are the team, for 5 years, down country now.

I wouldn't want to call us ultras tho.....f**k that!

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Ive been to Dublin to watch Cardiff play in a few friendlies many years ago,one of the cardiff games was far away from Dublin so a load of us Cardiff lads went to watch either shelbourne or shamrock rovers ,it was a European game & I think it was on sky. Fair play they were good to us & we even got them doing the :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:03 pm

well i guess i will save myslelf €5 in not buying you a pint then :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:16 pm

Xcasual wrote:Ive been to Dublin to watch Cardiff play in a few friendlies many years ago,one of the cardiff games was far away from Dublin so a load of us Cardiff lads went to watch either shelbourne or shamrock rovers ,it was a European game & I think it was on sky. Fair play they were good to us & we even got them doing the :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We played St Pats a few years back when diesel ran on the pitch at half time streaking....the Garda left him off after we explained his state of mind.

I remember us playing Derry City a good while ago in a euro game.

But Longford are good fans of ours they had a city flag in one of the bars not so long ago. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 pm

Johnny Rythmn wrote:
Xcasual wrote:Ive been to Dublin to watch Cardiff play in a few friendlies many years ago,one of the cardiff games was far away from Dublin so a load of us Cardiff lads went to watch either shelbourne or shamrock rovers ,it was a European game & I think it was on sky. Fair play they were good to us & we even got them doing the :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We played St Pats a few years back when diesel ran on the pitch at half time streaking....the Garda left him off after we explained his state of mind.

I remember us playing Derry City a good while ago in a euro game.

But Longford are good fans of ours they had a city flag in one of the bars not so long ago. :ayatollah:

Hmmm,one of my mates streaked as well at half time during one of those friendlies .Could it Be the same mate,I'll describe him to you to save him from embarresment :oops: .Just over 5ft mad as hell & got 2 kids(boys) who are equally as crazy & he used to keep us going with all his tablets :mrgreen: