Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Whittingham off then? I'm gutted

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:01 am

A real good player. Ok he has been in and out but of late he has been fantastic and improves game on game. A very creative player who scores goals from midfield and can be relied upon to score almost every time from the penalty spot which believe it or not is not an easy task. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... -move.html

Re: Whittingham off then? I'm gutted

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:03 am

he wont be missed this season as it will be £2 mil in the coffers plus we got Koumas and Bellamy to fill his boots , plenty of pen takers in the squad :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 am

Lets not forget what he achieved for us last season! Whether he would be able to repeat it is another question considering how inconsistent he has been for us in the past. However, for all we know he may want to leave so the club must cash in now or we'll have a Ledley all over again :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:15 am

I'm disappointed but if Whitts going means we keep Burke then I'm happy. I think Burke is more of a constant threat and for all his quality, Whitts drifts in and out too much.

And it's yet another massive profit for a player brought in for next to nothing.

UP THE CITY! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:16 am

Howey1927 wrote:I'm disappointed but if Whitts going means we keep Burke then I'm happy. I think Burke is more of a constant threat and for all his quality, Whitts drifts in and out too much.

And it's yet another massive profit for a player brought in for next to nothing.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:23 am

Bluesince92 wrote:Lets not forget what he achieved for us last season! Whether he would be able to repeat it is another question considering how inconsistent he has been for us in the past. However, for all we know he may want to leave so the club must cash in now or we'll have a Ledley all over again :ayatollah:

Got to agree with this post. Untli last season, he was possibly one of the most criticised players here due to his habit of going missing for large chunks of games. And he did have a habit of doing that last season as well, despite his fantastic scoring record. If we're going to let him go, do it now while we can still get cash for him

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:28 am

Howey1927 wrote:I'm disappointed but if Whitts going means we keep Burke then I'm happy. I think Burke is more of a constant threat and for all his quality, Whitts drifts in and out too much.

Good post and I agree.

Good luck to Whitts though if he do go.

Don't want him taking pens against us though. :o :o

Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:31 am

I think whitts has been premiership class in the few games we have had,his vision, touch and awareness is above most,i do not want to lose him,but at least we are running the club right and getting money for him,rather than lose him end of the season,we are spoilt for choice in midfield now though so he could be replaced by similar quality at the moment

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

gup-1 wrote:I think whitts has been premiership class in the few games we have had,his vision, touch and awareness is above most,i do not want to lose him,but at least we are running the club right and getting money for him,rather than lose him end of the season,we are spoilt for choice in midfield now though so he could be replaced by similar quality at the moment

Agreed gup. Whitts looks good in the middle. Sees the ball more playing in the middle and has the ability to unlock defences.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:29 am

Leave him go. He's off his head really seeing as we have made some cracking signings and now have more chance of going up than Forest. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:30 am

i,ll be sorry to se him go sorry martyn but if it wasnt for him last yr we wouldnt have made play offs sooner see rea and mcphail go myself and move him in middle but wot we got we can only go forward

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:32 am

PhatFrog wrote:Leave him go. He's off his head really seeing as we have made some cracking signings and now have more chance of going up than Forest. :ayatollah:

^^^^^
This.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 am

hes not up in nottingham having talks as some papers have claimed as i just seen him training on ssn.hes staying end off hed be a fool to leave now!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:35 am

I think that you may even see McNaughton LB and Naylor Left Wing.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:41 am

Bluebird99 wrote:I think that you may even see McNaughton LB and Naylor Left Wing.

Naylor's not a left winger.

Simple answer is Chops and Bothroyd up front, Bellamy attacking left midfield, where he played for Man City.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:24 am

Him moving to Forest is a bit of a pantomime well two in fact Robin Hood and Dick Whittingham

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:29 am

Hes another big piss head as well i bet Jones wanted him out deep down get rid of all the problems in the squad before Bellamy knocks the cunts out :lol: Better to cash in on him now while he had a brilliant season last year an is worth his most rather than let him go for nothing next year.

Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:58 am

im not to bothered because i dont think he can repeat last seasons efforts. plus he would of done a ledley anyway. i also think we should a chat bellers to get one of his mates down :lol: watch everyone moan again on sky sports news which i found really funny!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:28 pm

if i didnt have his name on the back of my shirt then i wouldnt be bothered about getting £2m for him, im never getting a shirt printed during the window ever again! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:47 pm

hes not going, hes in starting line up for tomorrow :ayatollah: