Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Crowd funding for Neil Warnock :

Thu May 02, 2019 11:02 am

Crowd funding for Neil Warnock::, I disagreed with this because I’d rather give to another cause because I think Neil Warnock is wealthy enough and can afford to pay it, and he should take the Rap and I added I’d prefer to give to a better just cause.!
However my post was taken down and I’m not allowed to give an opinion on this post., Slightly undemocratic I feel, If you don’t agree with the moderators, they wipe you off.
While we have to listen to them and agree with their posts ! We all have opinions, we can agree or disagree !! Or can we ?

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073

Re: Crowd funding for Neil Warnock :

Thu May 02, 2019 11:15 am

Iv got to be honest I would have chucked a quid in for a laugh and and a gesture of solidarity with our manager but it's asking for a minimum of £5 and I'm not 100% what happens to the money if we don't make the total.

I already chuck a big percentage of my wages into Football £200+ following us on the road alone last month so I did actually see where you were coming from, not sure why you're post was taken down.

Thu May 02, 2019 11:20 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:Crowd funding for Neil Warnock::, I disagreed with this because I’d rather give to another cause because I think Neil Warnock is wealthy enough and can afford to pay it, and he should take the Rap and I added I’d prefer to give to a better just cause.!
However my post was taken down and I’m not allowed to give an opinion on this post., Slightly undemocratic I feel, If you don’t agree with the moderators, they wipe you off.
While we have to listen to them and agree with their posts ! We all have opinions, we can agree or disagree !! Or can we ?

It's not about if he can afford it or not, it is the fans showing solidarity with the Manager, and the club who are doing everything to try and stay in the Premier League.

People who are contributing are basically backing the Manager and sticking two fingers up to the Premier League, as the vast majority feel we have been hard done by and this fine and the treatment of our Manager is rubbing salt in the wounds, because all he did was tell the truth !!!

Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, and no one is making anyone contribute it's purely voluntary, go and give it to the cats home if you want, I couldn't give a toss, and won't be on here saying thats, not a good cause, what about water aid for Africa, because it's up to you !!!

Thu May 02, 2019 11:23 am

I would imagine Warnock would say give it to charity anyway, he's big enough to pay his own fines.

Thu May 02, 2019 11:24 am

2blue2handle wrote:I would imagine Warnock would say give it to charity anyway, he's big enough to pay his own fines.

He probably will !!!

Thu May 02, 2019 12:43 pm

While I agree that NW can afford to pay the fine (or the club will) I agree with idea to set up the funding page and have donated to it because I feel it is a way to express my disgust at the way the FA deal with these situations. Everyone could see that the referee and assistants made some horrendous decisions that day but our manager is not able to state his views. In my opinion this is a freedom of speech being denied to an individual which is just not right. I am old enough and wise enough to know that the funding will make no difference to the "corrupt officials" in the FA , but if the £20,000 target was achieved (it won't be!) what a statement that would make. :banghead:

Thu May 02, 2019 12:48 pm

Out of curiosity, what happens to all this money if the target isn't reached? Or if in the unlikely case it goes over, say 22,000 is raised. Who's pockets does that extra 2,000 go to :?

Can't help but feel a bit skeptical about the whole situation.

Thu May 02, 2019 1:01 pm

RV Casual wrote:Iv got to be honest I would have chucked a quid in for a laugh and and a gesture of solidarity with our manager but it's asking for a minimum of £5 and I'm not 100% what happens to the money if we don't make the total.

I already chuck a big percentage of my wages into Football £200+ following us on the road alone last month so I did actually see where you were coming from, not sure why you're post was taken down.

I have contributed to make a point not because Warnock needs the cash { not likely he would keep it }..
but your question re where does the money go if the total is not reached / not used is I think something a few would like to know...we had 2 GoFundMe links earlier this year. both for searches that did not last very long..it sounds a bit cold and begrudging to ask. but personally I don't think anyone should have to ask as it should be explained on the GoFundMe site.

Thu May 02, 2019 1:01 pm

TommyP wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens to all this money if the target isn't reached? Or if in the unlikely case it goes over, say 22,000 is raised. Who's pockets does that extra 2,000 go to :?

It's all a bit off the cuff without real substance isn't it, I think in the rush to set it up it was never properly thought through and that's why there's a lack of contributors.

Should have set it up through something official like the supporters club and said any excess amount would have gone to x, y, z charity and the rest to Warnock who would have no doubt given the rest aswell.

Instead it's a random go fund me page from a random person with no real explanation.

A great idea but poorly executed and I say that with the greatest of respect I'm not having a go.

Thu May 02, 2019 2:26 pm

RV Casual wrote:
TommyP wrote:Out of curiosity, what happens to all this money if the target isn't reached? Or if in the unlikely case it goes over, say 22,000 is raised. Who's pockets does that extra 2,000 go to :?

It's all a bit off the cuff without real substance isn't it, I think in the rush to set it up it was never properly thought through and that's why there's a lack of contributors.

Should have set it up through something official like the supporters club and said any excess amount would have gone to x, y, z charity and the rest to Warnock who would have no doubt given the rest aswell.

Instead it's a random go fund me page from a random person with no real explanation.

A great idea but poorly executed and I say that with the greatest of respect I'm not having a go.

You put a limit of £20,000 ( The page owner Brown)

Then it can't be overfunded the site won't take any more cash, if the total is less it goes to Warnock if he uses it to the fine, then great it helps, or he gives the final amount to a charity of his choice, job done !!!

Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Then it can't be overfunded the site won't take any more cash, if the total is less it goes to Warnock if he uses it to the fine, then great it helps, or he gives the final amount to a charity of his choice, job done !!!

Like I said Im just trying to understand the concept and you have part answered.

So.. I'm guessing when you set up a page you state you're beneficiary and provide their name and address etc, in this case Neil Warnock/Cardiff City Stadium. Then once the fund reaches its target or set time limit go fund me send a Cheque to the beneficiary? Ie Warnock.

If that's how it works great.

Thu May 02, 2019 4:45 pm

Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

I think the limit can be both increased and exceeded...the original limit set for the search for ES was 200k , then increased to 300k which was also exceeded. ended up on 397 Euros..

Thu May 02, 2019 4:48 pm

RV Casual wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
RV Casual wrote:

Like I said Im just trying to understand the concept and you have part answered.

So.. I'm guessing when you set up a page you state you're beneficiary and provide their name and address etc, in this case Neil Warnock/Cardiff City Stadium. Then once the fund reaches its target or set time limit go fund me send a Cheque to the beneficiary? Ie Warnock.

If that's how it works great.

just found this . https://www.gofundme.com/nodejendebuscar-emiliano-sala
if you scroll down to the English language bit t explains it.....

Fri May 03, 2019 6:41 am

It's up to 500. And as everyone has said. We don't begrudge losing a fiver to stick 2 fingers up at the FA.

Id like the media to run with it and someone to at least mention it in his pre-match news conference today... Think he'd love it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207073 :bluebird:

Fri May 03, 2019 9:25 am

jimmy_rat wrote:It's up to 500. And as everyone has said. We don't begrudge losing a fiver to stick 2 fingers up at the FA.

Id like the media to run with it and someone to at least mention it in his pre-match news conference today... Think he'd love it.

reading the original thread it seemed there was lots of enthusiasm for this..
got to say I think its a bit disappointing so far..
5 quid ,that will probably end up at some good cause to make a point so many of us { at least that's what I thought } feel strongly about ..

https://www.gofundme.com/pay-neil-warnocks-fine

Fri May 03, 2019 3:12 pm

dogfound wrote:
jimmy_rat wrote:It's up to 500. And as everyone has said. We don't begrudge losing a fiver to stick 2 fingers up at the FA.

5 quid ,that will probably end up at some good cause to make a point so many of us { at least that's what I thought } feel strongly about ..

Will it end up at a good cause though? What happens when the 20k target isn't reached how do people get their money back? I can't help but see this as someone trying to make some quick cash, it's happened before with these go fund me pages.

Fri May 03, 2019 3:13 pm

dogfound wrote:

It's not getting the exposure mate.

It needed somebody with a bit of clout to front it up. The Supporters Club would have been ideal, they could have arranged bucket collections at the Palace game for example.

I'm not on social media but according to the page it's only been shared 300 odd times.

It's going to need a lot more exposure than that to get the target.

Fri May 03, 2019 9:10 pm

It's been all over social media, even match of the day did an article. Just don't think people are interested.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:12 am

2blue2handle wrote:It's been all over social media, even match of the day did an article. Just don't think people are interested.

I'll take you're word for it, 300 odd shares on Facebook didnt sound like a lot to me? got a link to the MOTD article I can forward on as when I spoke to my brother and a few mates about it last night when making plans for today none of them had even hered about this whole crowd funding thing. Hopefully I'll rope them in for a few quid each.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:18 am

RV Casual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:It's been all over social media, even match of the day did an article. Just don't think people are interested.

I'll take you're word for it, 300 odd shares on Facebook didnt sound like a lot to me? got a link to the MOTD article I can forward on as when I spoke to my brother and a few mates about it last night when making plans for today none of them had even hered about this whole crowd funding thing. Hopefully I'll rope them in for a few quid each.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48145612

That's all I can find. Not really an article about the crowdfunder. More one sentence at the end.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:42 am

RV Casual wrote:

I think the issue is that it’s a minimum payment of a fiver. If it was less more people would pay.