Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

out of curiousty

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:11 pm

when a game gets abandoned do fans get their money back for the coach ?

cause i would imagine the coach company would still want a payment ?

there are a few scenarios of course, ie. the game could be up north and maybe the journey has been completed so therefore i would imagine there would be no refund but what happens with something like this morning where the buses may not even have made it over the bridge, thats if they even had left Cardiff.

curiousty is getting to me

Re: out of curiousty

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:12 pm

interesting post,

be good to know the answer

Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:48 pm

In my experience of running buses up here, if you cancelled at least an hour before departure then there was no charge. Anything after that was a charge, depending on time and possibly distance.

Genereally, I looked to take the bus on a bevvy trip if the game had been called off. We spent a whole day in Stranraer after a game got called off an hour before kick off. Eventually we paid the driver and stayed even longer before jumping on the last train home. Happy Days

Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:02 pm

PtB wrote:In my experience of running buses up here, if you cancelled at least an hour before departure then there was no charge. Anything after that was a charge, depending on time and possibly distance.

Genereally, I looked to take the bus on a bevvy trip if the game had been called off. We spent a whole day in Stranraer after a game got called off an hour before kick off. Eventually we paid the driver and stayed even longer before jumping on the last train home. Happy Days

this is similar to what we did yesterday with merthyr
it was called off so we stayed in a pub

Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:38 pm

I think CCFC Supporters Club(Vince), could be well out of pocket.