Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bobby Reid & Callum Paterson

Fri May 03, 2019 7:38 am

Haven't seen it considered, but if we did go down what would people think of a Callum Paterson and Bobby Reid combination. Your classic little and large. Paterson was the top scorer last season, Bobby Reid knocked in around 20 goals. If you played Paterson in that CAM position again where he can win knock downs to Reid and arrive late in the box. While Reids only job would be to linger on that back line and use his pace to break through.

For me the patience with Zohore is finally gone as our main striker. Unfortunately he seems to have become a one season wonder. Would live to seem him back and firing but it's been to long now since he showed his ability and he is never anywhere near a header. He doesn't seem to be able to judge the flight of a ball as he is always 3 yards away from where the ball ends up.

Re: Bobby Reid & Callum Paterson

Fri May 03, 2019 8:26 am

LaBamba wrote:Haven't seen it considered, but if we did go down what would people think of a Callum Paterson and Bobby Reid combination. Your classic little and large. Paterson was the top scorer last season, Bobby Reid knocked in around 20 goals. If you played Paterson in that CAM position again where he can win knock downs to Reid and arrive late in the box. While Reids only job would be to linger on that back line and use his pace to break through.

For me the patience with Zohore is finally gone as our main striker. Unfortunately he seems to have become a one season wonder. Would live to seem him back and firing but it's been to long now since he showed his ability and he is never anywhere near a header. He doesn't seem to be able to judge the flight of a ball as he is always 3 yards away from where the ball ends up.

I think Warnock will do everything he can to get a new Striker, maybe with Reid in just behind?

Fri May 03, 2019 10:17 am

Not for me, Paterson isn't up to the job of being upfront.

Fri May 03, 2019 12:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not for me, Paterson isn't up to the job of being upfront.

He was our top scorer last season. I also think we would have gained a lot more points at the end of this season if he hadn't gotten injured.

Fri May 03, 2019 12:55 pm

phildavies wrote:

He was our top scorer last season. I also think we would have gained a lot more points at the end of this season if he hadn't gotten injured.

Not for me, when he is upfront he is used as a battering ram, literally no quality of football, hit and hope and let him chase and cause a nuisance of himself. he literally offers no kind of link up play other than the midfield picking up second balls. That's no way to play football. As an attacking midfielder I can see him getting game time as he gets goals and has a good engine but then would I play him ahead of Reid? no.

I think he is destined to be a squad player the rest of his career.

Fri May 03, 2019 2:41 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Not for me, when he is upfront he is used as a battering ram, literally no quality of football, hit and hope and let him chase and cause a nuisance of himself. he literally offers no kind of link up play other than the midfield picking up second balls. That's no way to play football. As an attacking midfielder I can see him getting game time as he gets goals and has a good engine but then would I play him ahead of Reid? no.

same here..i think Ken is our best forward by some distance but I wonder if we will ever get a run of games out of him. massive opportunity for him this season to put himself in the shop window and its all but gone..

Fri May 03, 2019 5:15 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Sorry but I complety disagree is by far our best goalscorer and is the best at holding the ball up for others bar Niasse.

Patterson getting injured was a massive loss for us more so than any other injury this season.

Fri May 03, 2019 8:51 pm

phildavies wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
phildavies wrote:

Sorry but I complety disagree is by far our best goalscorer and is the best at holding the ball up for others bar Niasse.

Patterson getting injured was a massive loss for us more so than any other injury this season.

Totally disagree but that's football.