Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Neil Warnock: ' Bobby Reid '

Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 am

Bobby Reid?

Neil Warnock:

“He’s unlucky really because his best position is where I’m playing Victor, and my argument would be that at times it’s easy for people on the outside, but we felt that Victor’s role there had been more instrumental in picking up results.

“When we’ve played Victor as part of a two we’ve been under the cosh a bit, so it’s not worked out. You could play Victor wide, but is he better wide than the players we have. I don’t think so.

“Bobby’s been unlucky really.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Neil Warnock: ' Bobby Reid '

Fri May 03, 2019 11:19 am

"You could play Victor wide, but is he better wide than the players we have. I don’t think so." Yes Neil he is. He cant be any f****ng worse than Junior Hoilett this season anyway, who runs around in circles before getting confused and gives the ball away. At this point just put Camarasa in Hoilett's position and stick Reid at CAM.

Fri May 03, 2019 11:58 am

Reid has barely had the same amount of chances as Camarasa as still has almost as many goals. He also struck up what looked to be an encouraging partnership with Niassa when they started together. For me Camarasa has been coasting through games the last few weeks and has actually given us very little. He was abysmal against Fulhm. He's shown he's a good player but right now I'd pick Reid ahead of him

Fri May 03, 2019 12:56 pm

I cant disagree with Warnock on this to be honest, its a shame the transfer policy wasn't thought out in more detail over the summer.

Id still play Camarasa wide to fit in Reid.

Fri May 03, 2019 1:50 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I cant disagree with Warnock on this to be honest, its a shame the transfer policy wasn't thought out in more detail over the summer.

Id still play Camarasa wide to fit in Reid.

the bit about the transfer policy..
I think what he says about Reid and Camarasa makes sense and explains that bit..Victor was a very late arrival here and not probably someone we thought we were getting..

Fri May 03, 2019 4:19 pm

This is the same logic that kept Manga at Rb until Sol injured.

Yes in theory Manga a better RB than Peltier but he is also a better CB than Morrison and Bamba. Balance of defence much better with Bruno in the middle.

Camarasa probably has more about him at this stage than Reid. Maybe. But balance of side when looking to go on front foot has to be better with Camarasa wide in place of Hoilet which gets Reid on pitch as well in his best position.

If not at the start then after 65 minutes instead of the dire like for like changes we make after 80 minutes.

Fri May 03, 2019 7:06 pm

Reid will get his chance next season when Camarasa moves on.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 am

Would ' nt be suprised if bobby reid left, he did come to us because it was a chance to play in the prem the lad must have wished he had' nt bothered.