Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Tony Robinson milkshake lover lmao

Mon May 06, 2019 8:21 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:1) https://youtu.be/pZjaOeIdXvo (and yes, I did watch the entire video which this came from)
2) https://twitter.com/KhanUR1983/status/1 ... 33952?s=20
3) https://twitter.com/saeen90_/status/984 ... 91456?s=20)
4) https://youtu.be/8j7IX_5a_9M
5) https://youtu.be/9re8N39jUNA
6) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... -rant/amp/

Go on I'll bite...

1) https://youtu.be/pZjaOeIdXvo
He was filming a piece of on the Didsbury mosque which was has held a series of extremists Islamist speakers and Immams and was where Salman Abedi (Ari Grande concert Manchester murderer was radicalised.) Note he doesn't say all Muslims he says some of the people in these houses are enemy combatants - directly referring to Abdi - who having just killed 40 odd innocent children at a pop concert in Manchester was being described quite accurately I'd say.

2) https://twitter.com/KhanUR1983/status/1 ... 33952?s=20
Seeing as it is the most dangerous country on the planet with the highest armed crime rate, I'd say it's pretty barbaric and downright backwards so struggling to see the argument there.

3) https://twitter.com/saeen90_/status/984 ... 91456?s=20)
Direct response to Saddiq Khan going on about how he wouldn't let Donald Trump into his City. Like who the fcuk is Sadiq Khan to call London his City, jumped up little prick. Tommy didn't really need to bring the whole 'leading the invasion' bit into things admittedly, but if I remember rightly it was not too long after the whole modesty censorship controversial stuff Khan introduced on the underground which was seen as a very pro-sharia step that was beyond the mayor so there was an underlying context to be factored in there.

4) https://youtu.be/8j7IX_5a_9M
Yep, Tommy Robinson has called this out himself and apologised for it in a Guardian interview of all things.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... ar-muslims

5) https://youtu.be/9re8N39jUNA
No, he said Islam (not muslims) has been at war with us for 1400 years. It has - anyone who argues differently is ignorant of history.

6) https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thesun ... -rant/amp/
Yep, not gonna defend that one - he was being a dick giving it large when out on the lash. Not something I would say, not something I would condone, but not going to judge him on the contents of a private discussion group in which (apparently) one of the lads was a Pakistani lad who saw it as 'banter' (his words not mine).

Mon May 06, 2019 8:42 pm

One last thing that I'd say on this though which came to me as I was going through the list is that the difference between those on either side (Tommy Robinson vs. Islam is just a sidenote in a much bigger culture war going on at the moment if you ask me), is the ability to separate out the individual from the group identity.

TR does seem to go out of his way to say not all Muslims even from the earliest days of the EDL, (excepting the post 7/78 comment which he subsequently retracted) and made clear he is about targetting the ideology rather than targetting individual Muslims. This seems to ring true for most of the figures on what is seen as the 'right' these days. Whereas for those on the left, the group identity is of greater importance than the 'individual's' specific viewpoints.

For example, in points, one, two, and five in the above list the indication is that by calling out the actions of one person (or in the case of Somalia the many people) for criticism, you are by definition accusing anyone who has that shared trait of being also worthy of that same criticism - therefore speaking critically of Islam as an ideology is speaking against all Muslims, so someone doing so is an Islamaphobe and if they are Islamaphobic, then they must equally be Xenophobic and so, therefore, also are racist.

Yet, from the perspective of someone like myself, who places the value of the individual as the highest principle - that first suggestion, that we should judge everyone by their group identity and if you insult one then you automatically insult all, is at its very heart itself fundamentally a racist concept and one that is nurtured in unashamed bigotry.

It's like we are watching the exact same movie but we're seeing two completely different plots. For me, this sits at the heart of pretty much all our issues at the minute as a society and sadly I really don't know if we are going to be able to fix it.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:59 pm

I'm no TR fan, but I find this behaviour abhorrent.

Can you imagine the outrage if Robinson began throwing milkshakes at Muslims.

You can't just attack people because you don't like them ffs

Mon May 06, 2019 9:21 pm

ffs wrote:I'm no TR fan, but I find this behaviour abhorrent.

Can you imagine the outrage if Robinson began throwing milkshakes at Muslims.

You can't just attack people because you don't like them ffs

those that shout nazis are the nazis.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:54 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:Poor Stephen Yaxley-Lennon :lol:

no matter how many times he changes his name he can not fool you guys.
bet he thought Tony would throw you off the scent . :lol:

Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

murphy wrote:Sky news reporting that police are investigating the milkshake incident as a possible assault.

Hopefully they come down hard on him and charge him for racially motivated assault

Tue May 07, 2019 11:42 am

If you flip the situation and have a Muslim who, whenever a Christian attacks someone, goes down your street and starts calling your family enemy combatants or threatens your community with violence for something you are not involved with would you be equally as defensive about them?
Or could you see that his methods aren't helping matters and are doing more harm than good.

Wed May 08, 2019 10:30 pm

CCFCJosh75 wrote:If you flip the situation and have a Muslim who, whenever a Christian attacks someone, goes down your street and starts calling your family enemy combatants or threatens your community with violence for something you are not involved with would you be equally as defensive about them?
Or could you see that his methods aren't helping matters and are doing more harm than good.

You need to see the whole video of the enemy combatant before you can comment on it

Thu May 09, 2019 11:03 am

CCFCJosh75 wrote:If you flip the situation and have a Muslim who, whenever a Christian attacks someone, goes down your street and starts calling your family enemy combatants or threatens your community with violence for something you are not involved with would you be equally as defensive about them?

If Christians were failing to address the situation from within and were following a warped interpretation of the bible that justified the murder of non believers then I'd probably agree with the Muslim.

Thu May 09, 2019 3:01 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:

If Christians were failing to address the situation from within and were following a warped interpretation of the bible that justified the murder of non believers then I'd probably agree with the Muslim.

There are Imam's who have had death threats from isis because of the message they are sending out. There are massive groups of muslims who are similarly being called apostates and threatened by extremist terror groups, but still carry on. There are muslims who have literally died in combat fighting against daesh. There are massive marches against isis by muslims, every day there are imams and every day muslims alike speaking out against terrorist groups.

The problem with the message of 'addressing the situation from within' is that it implies all muslims are friends, and that if they wanted to, the moderate muslims could have a chat with the extremist groups and talk some sense into them.

Thu May 09, 2019 3:24 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:
WelshPatriot wrote:

There are Imam's who have had death threats from isis because of the message they are sending out. There are massive groups of muslims who are similarly being called apostates and threatened by extremist terror groups, but still carry on. There are muslims who have literally died in combat fighting against daesh. There are massive marches against isis by muslims, every day there are imams and every day muslims alike speaking out against terrorist groups.

The problem with the message of 'addressing the situation from within' is that it implies all muslims are friends, and that if they wanted to, the moderate muslims could have a chat with the extremist groups and talk some sense into them.

I'm not talking a solution, I don't know the Islamic faith well enough to come up with that. I'm merely giving my opinion on the hypothetical Muslim the poster brought up specifically in the UK. I'd back his stance if Christians were causing atrocities.

Thu May 09, 2019 7:24 pm

ealing_ayatollah wrote:that we should judge everyone by their group identity... is at its very heart itself fundamentally a racist concept and one that is nurtured in unashamed bigotry.

I know you've neatly swept the ' 'Every single Muslim watching this on YouTube. On 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens. You got away with it.' quote under the carpet by saying he's retracted it, but that quote proves TR is not placing any emphasis on an individuals actions, he's placing blame on their group identity. Similarly his eagerness to link terrorist organisations to the islamic ideology shows that he's not placing any emphasis on the individual, he's linking everything they do to being a symptom of their group identity.

TR has literally made a career out of taking actions of individuals and explaining them as a symptom of this barbaric religion that is islam.

He's 'judging everyone by their group identity' (which you just said is a 'racist concept' but as i don't want to have 200 people saying 'ISLAM IS NOT A RACE' in various forms i'll leave it at that).

Thu May 09, 2019 10:49 pm

CityBlue93 wrote:I know you've neatly swept the ' 'Every single Muslim watching this on YouTube. On 7/7 you got away with killing and maiming British citizens. You got away with it.' quote under the carpet by saying he's retracted it, but that quote proves TR is not placing any emphasis on an individuals actions, he's placing blame on their group identity.

It doesn't. It proves that in that one heated moment he was placing blame on the group identity. That was wrong, I condemn it and so has he himself. He didn't double down on it. He admitted he was wrong.

CityBlue93 wrote:Similarly his eagerness to link terrorist organisations to the islamic ideology shows that he's not placing any emphasis on the individual, he's linking everything they do to being a symptom of their group identity.

Which terrorist organisations did he link to islamic ideology that didn't state they were acting in the name of that ideology?

CityBlue93 wrote:TR has literally made a career out of taking actions of individuals and explaining them as a symptom of this barbaric religion that is islam.

He's 'judging everyone by their group identity' (which you just said is a 'racist concept' but as i don't want to have 200 people saying 'ISLAM IS NOT A RACE' in various forms i'll leave it at that).

Definition of everyone would mean umm everyone. Talking about the fact that the paedophile rape gangs were predominantly made up of Muslim men or Islamic terrorists are well Islamic - and that the scumbags who committed those crimes often justified their actions within the context of their ideology/religion is not the same as saying all Muslims are paedophiles/terrorists.

Many Muslims (the majority) are decent people. Islamic terrorists are blowing kids up in the name of their religion. These are rtwo statements that are simultaneously true and not mutually exclusive. If you can find somewhere else where TR has said all Muslims (other than the above which we've covered) I'll denounce that, just as I did the "Every muslim..." comment.