Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

EUFA needs to get its act together

Fri May 03, 2019 12:51 pm

I was looking at the possibility of going out to Slovakia for the Wales match, and looking at what options for travel and accommodation were available. Looking at the map the capital city of Slovakia is Bratislava, great it was close to Vienna so airlines were flying into Vienna, so far so good!

So I checked on the FAW website and the venue for the match has not yet been confirmed ??, so I rung the FAW up and spoke to a lady on the phone who almost was apologetic for the fact that the venue would not be confirmed by Slovakia until 4 weeks before the date of match and it would be the same situation would prevail as far as tickets are concerned.

In all fairness to the FAW they have published the venue for all the home matches, is this another case that the football authorities (not FAW) dont care two hoots about fans who may want to book stuff in advance so as to get the best deals and good travel arrangements to what is not one of the most accessible countries in Europe :banghead: :occasion5:

Re: EUFA needs to get its act together

Fri May 03, 2019 12:59 pm

Whistler wrote:I was looking at the possibility of going out to Slovakia for the Wales match, and looking at what options for travel and accommodation were available. Looking at the map the capital city of Slovakia is Bratislava, great it was close to Vienna so airlines were flying into Vienna, so far so good!

So I checked on the FAW website and the venue for the match has not yet been confirmed ??, so I rung the FAW up and spoke to a lady on the phone who almost was apologetic for the fact that the venue would not be confirmed by Slovakia until 4 weeks before the date of match and it would be the same situation would prevail as far as tickets are concerned.

In all fairness to the FAW they have published the venue for all the home matches, is this another case that the football authorities (not FAW) dont care two hoots about fans who may want to book stuff in advance so as to get the best deals and good travel arrangements to what is not one of the most accessible countries in Europe :banghead: :occasion5:

She doesn't know the rules. They should announce the venue 120 days before the game. Base yourself in Bratislava as the game will almost certainly be in their new stadium. If not there'll be buses to the game.

Fri May 03, 2019 1:24 pm

Whistler wrote:I was looking at the possibility of going out to Slovakia for the Wales match, and looking at what options for travel and accommodation were available. Looking at the map the capital city of Slovakia is Bratislava, great it was close to Vienna so airlines were flying into Vienna, so far so good!

You do realize that getting tickets is going to be difficult as they pretty much all are these days. If we get the allocated the set 5% then we get just over a thousand. By then you will have needed to have gone at least 9 or possibly 10 out of the 14 counting away games. If we're lucky and get a couple of thousand your still looking at needing 5 aways. There's an awful lot of people going to pretty much every game these days. Gone are the days of just picking out a nice fixture / place to visit.

On the subject timing, you should look at the arrangements for the finals. If your unfortunate to be drawn in group with a host city / country in the play offs then the draw for that group doesn't get finalised until the 1st April next year, just 10 weeks before the tournament starts. So you know which cities your playing in but you don't know when ! Fantastic for planning and getting good deals. On the upside for us during the group stages England, Scotland and Ireland will be playing at home, more or less. So we'll have the airports and planes to ourselves.

Fri May 03, 2019 2:03 pm

there has been uncertainty regarding where we play home games, most recently the ROI game.