Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The emotional message Aron Gunnarsson just sent to Cardiff C

Sat May 04, 2019 3:48 pm

The emotional message Aron Gunnarsson just sent to Cardiff City fans

Saturday 4th May 2019

Cardiff City's Aron Gunnarsson has sent a touching message to Bluebirds fans ahead of his final game on home soil, insisting he will be a Bluebird forever.

Cardiff's clash against Crystal Palace today will be the Iceland international's final game on home soil, and fans are set to pay tribute to the talismanic midfielder when the 30-year-old walks the team out accompanied with his two sons.

Since joining in 2011, he's made more than 280 appearances, scored 25 goals, has been a League Cup finalist, seen two promotions, and scored Cardiff’s first ever Premier League goal back in 2013 against Manchester City.

The club stalwart has agreed a deal with Qatari side Al-Arabi, who he will join this summer.

And in an interview published in Cardiff's match-day programme, Gunnarsson has spoken about his pride in what the club has achieved in his eight years in south Wales, and the bond he will treasure forever.

ARON GUNNARSON:

"It will probably hit me after the game, knowing that it will be my last game in front of the home fans who I've played in front of for eight years", he said.

"We've been through a lot, me and the fans.

"We've had ups and downs, good times, happy times, and tough times, as you get in football.

"We've had every bit of emotion together, and that will probably hit me a bit harder after the game.

"Game-mode for me is so focused that I don't let things like that affect me - not until the final whistle blows, anyway."

"My aim was to come here and have success, to get to the Premier League with Cardiff, and hopefully stay there. My aim is to leave the club in the Premier League, but if I don't manage to do that, I'll still look back and be proud of the achievements we've had together here at Cardiff."

Moving to south Wales as a 22-year-old, Gunnarsson leaves for the next chapter in his career as a married father-of-two.

"I've been here for eight years and both of my sons were born here.

"I'll be a Bluebird forever, I know that for sure.

"I'll be looking out for the results for years to come, and the first will always be Cardiff. With the boys growing up here, they're going to know about it too.

"I've got a special bond with this club that I will treasure forever and, looking back on my time here, I wouldn't change it for the world."
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: The emotional message Aron Gunnarsson just sent to Cardi

Sat May 04, 2019 5:51 pm

Thank fook he’s gone seen faster donkeys than this prick

Sat May 04, 2019 6:46 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:Thank fook he’s gone seen faster donkeys than this prick

Clearly a day for the “supporters” with the extra special needs to have their say! Well done!

Sat May 04, 2019 7:02 pm

Born to Be Brainless wwould be a more appropraite name.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:05 pm

Tw@t

Sat May 04, 2019 7:21 pm

Nice words and I’m sure he means them but I’m glad he’s gone.
Was shite yet again today.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:19 pm

Maybe so,but you sir are the king of pricks :occasion5: a title you fully deserve sir :sleepy2:

Sat May 04, 2019 8:21 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Nice words and I’m sure he means them but I’m glad he’s gone.
Was shite yet again today.

Couldn't agree more. Like the guy personally and has been a good servant for the club but he was god awful today along with Bacuna in the middle. His legs seem to have gone and I think he's leaving at the right time. Hopefully we can get a more mobile midfield now who can pass the ball and make themselves available to players around them. Thanks for the good memories though Aron :bluescarf:

Sat May 04, 2019 8:56 pm

Call yourself a fan!! Outrageous comment for one of our most loyal players in our recent history. Gunnarsson is a real warrior and I wish him all the best for the future.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 pm

Up yours to the knobs sucking off this Icelandic bafoon we’ve paid him good wages to play shit, couldn’t give a f**k about the club, if he does the same where he’s going he will be up in the sharia court getting 40 lashings

Sat May 04, 2019 9:47 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:Up yours to the knobs sucking off this Icelandic bafoon we’ve paid him good wages to play shit, couldn’t give a f**k about the club, if he does the same where he’s going he will be up in the sharia court getting 40 lashings

Pillock

Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:Up yours to the knobs sucking off this Icelandic bafoon we’ve paid him good wages to play shit, couldn’t give a f**k about the club, if he does the same where he’s going he will be up in the sharia court getting 40 lashings

Someones had a can

Sat May 04, 2019 11:17 pm

A good signing, I wish him well.

Sat May 04, 2019 11:40 pm

The Jacks are back on our messageboard now we have been relegated. Ignore the troll - well done Aron - an excellent player for our club :)

Sun May 05, 2019 6:47 am

Reminds me of that other prick Bananas.You know,types with his left hand because his right hand is busy elsewhere.

Sun May 05, 2019 7:15 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:

Reminds me of that other prick Bananas.You know,types with his left hand because his right hand is busy elsewhere.

This guy also posts as wolfpac I believe.

His mental illness is getting progressively worse.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:41 am

So glad he is going as I'm not a fan of his at all never have been. I wish u all the best and so glad I didn't have to watch u play for the city again.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:43 am

Glad I'm not the only that thinks the same as u.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:44 am

nins27 wrote:So glad he is going as I'm not a fan of his at all never have been. I wish u all the best and so glad I didn't have to watch u play for the city again.

You're just being brutally honest. I couldn't hack another season of watching Gunnarsson.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:21 am

Never been my favourite but we have to give him the credit he deserves for surviving the last madcap 8 years.

Loved him as a marauding CM but really sceptical of him as a DM, just doesn't have the skill set to do the role properly.

Its been a bit painful watching his decline as we never had any sort of replacement.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:27 am

Everyone is as there own opinion on gunners so to slag someone of because he doesn't agree with others on Genners is shocking, iv been a city fan for 40 years and I know a lot won't like what I'm going to say about gunners, but I'm so glad I don't have to watch him play again for the city again, he was shit poor again yesterday for me .

Sun May 05, 2019 12:29 pm

nins27 wrote:Everyone is as there own opinion on gunners so to slag someone of because he doesn't agree with others on Genners is shocking, iv been a city fan for 40 years and I know a lot won't like what I'm going to say about gunners, but I'm so glad I don't have to watch him play again for the city again, he was shit poor again yesterday for me .

I agree. I’ve never been a fan and I’m also glad I don’t have to watch him play again. I’ve never really agreed with all this ‘warrior’ and ‘dies for the team’ nonsense.
What I don’t get is to personally insult him, call him a prick etc which shows a degree of ignorance, stupidity and a complete lack of awareness.
Just a troll and not a fan could write this crap.

Sun May 05, 2019 2:03 pm

Maybe prick is too harsh a word maybe a tw*t he’s robbed a living from us for too long good riddance to the Icelandic gimp