Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bacuna

Sat May 04, 2019 5:34 pm

In 47 years of following the City I have seen some poor signings over the years but this lad Bacuna has to be up there with the best or worst of them depending how you look at it.
Whoever agreed to pay 3 million for him and gave him a 4 year contact wants shooting and prey to God not in charge of this summer signings.

Re: Bacuna

Sat May 04, 2019 5:38 pm

Shocking panic signing at the end of the window. Can cope with the 3 million but a 5 year contract! Hopefully loaned out in the summer. Hopeless even at Championship standard.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:49 pm

Completely agree, shocking player cant pass, cant tackle and has no footballing brain whatsoever. Watching him in midfield today was comical.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:54 pm

Has Warnock made a good signing???

Sat May 04, 2019 8:08 pm

Bacuna is a bucket load of shit

Sat May 04, 2019 8:13 pm

I thought that he’s been decent for us, but today was just a disaster, for the most part.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:39 pm

A few on here saw this in januart when his signing was announced.

And everybody thought we had signed a right back.

Awful player , but could be useful in a championship squad as utility cover

Sat May 04, 2019 8:52 pm

Isn't he meant to be Gnnars replacement ?

He is a Defensive midfield stopper, but tried to play the more advanced of the two CM's today, he couldn't like Gunnar couldn't (anymore)

We have a squad who can't pass water, not even championship level, we somehow got away with it in the championship but today was a bit embarrassing.

We only have Ralls and bacuna on the books so far for next season. We have a chance to totally rebuild how we play, lets hope we do

Sat May 04, 2019 8:58 pm

we have damour too.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:29 pm

He wouldn't have played if Arter, Camarasa and Ralls had been fit. Arguably Paterson too. We've been shit out of luck with injuries in the same position lately.

He's a good utility player. He can't run a midfield.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:30 pm

jimmy_rat wrote:He wouldn't have played if Arter, Camarasa and Ralls had been fit. Arguably Paterson too. We've been shit out of luck with injuries in the same position lately.

He's a good utility player. He can't run a midfield.

He can’t run a f*cking bath, the guy prances around like Horton hears a hoot

Sat May 04, 2019 9:41 pm

Robbing a living - I can’t even look at him

Sat May 04, 2019 9:57 pm

Got chucked in the deep end and drowned . Not his fault he wasnt good enough. Like alot of the other players . But you dont say nothing about them ?

Sat May 04, 2019 10:00 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Isn't he meant to be Gnnars replacement ?

He is a Defensive midfield stopper, but tried to play the more advanced of the two CM's today, he couldn't like Gunnar couldn't (anymore)

We have a squad who can't pass water, not even championship level, we somehow got away with it in the championship but today was a bit embarrassing.

We only have Ralls and bacuna on the books so far for next season. We have a chance to totally rebuild how we play, lets hope we do

I thought it was odd how far he was forward.

I didn't really notice bacuna first half but seen this message and watched him more second half. He was woeful, doesn't seem to win the ball, can't pass, runs a lot but doesn't really press.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:03 am

2blue2handle wrote:
llan bluebird wrote:Isn't he meant to be Gnnars replacement ?

I thought it was odd how far he was forward.

I didn't really notice bacuna first half but seen this message and watched him more second half. He was woeful, doesn't seem to win the ball, can't pass, runs a lot but doesn't really press.

My concern is that Warnock loves him. He’s given him a 5 year contract
:o

Sun May 05, 2019 12:02 pm

A very strange signing.

we paid too much money and gave much too long a contract for a player who was average at best for a team struggling in the Championship.

Like Madine before him it seemed like a complete panic buy and it's difficult to see him being someone to contribute to a team looking for promotion next season.

He must have a very good agent ;) ;)

Sun May 05, 2019 2:33 pm

It's been emotional wrote:Has Warnock made a good signing???

Very few.

Sun May 05, 2019 2:41 pm

nah the promotion season was just a dream...

Sun May 05, 2019 2:51 pm

dogfound wrote:

nah the promotion season was just a dream...

Hahaha

Sun May 05, 2019 3:17 pm

This is harsh.

He was poor yesterday, by by far not the only one. He’s been fairly decent when he’s come on in the past.

Askin why he was so advanced - well he came on for Camerasa, so I presume he was fitting in the same position.

Wasn’t all bad, his cross led to the first goal.

He’s going to be involved next season, so hopefully he

Sun May 05, 2019 4:33 pm

buckleys brewery wrote:

Very few.

Are you serious? What about Bamba (free), Camarasa, Arter, Etheridge (maybe free?), Hoilett (free), Paterson (£350,00), Mendez-Laing (free), Reid (shown promise when he’s played) and that’s not mentioning players like Murphy who could arguably be a good signing if he matured, Danny Ward who has done ok when not injured.
3 of those players were signed this season and the rest last season/the one before. Just because he hasn’t signed anyone who’s set the squad alight doesn’t mean he’s not made some good signings. We went from being bottom of the Championship, signed Hoilett and Bamba and all of a sudden we were in the top half and those two players played pivotal roles when we finished in second place the season after.

Sun May 05, 2019 5:39 pm

Who would you choose to play defensive mid next season

Bacuna or Damour ?

I struggle to see why he was signed when we had the same player in reality sitting in the stands and cost nothing.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:16 pm

Lawnmower wrote:This is harsh.

He was poor yesterday, by by far not the only one. He’s been fairly decent when he’s come on in the past.

Askin why he was so advanced - well he came on for Camerasa, so I presume he was fitting in the same position.

Wasn’t all bad, his cross led to the first goal.

He’s going to be involved next season, so hopefully he

How many games as he started? Fans seem to judge players on occasional game and odd couple minutes of subs time here and there! Had the vision to see the pass for own goal how many city players passed like that Saturday or any other game ? Ok one pass but maybe needs a run of games in correct position to show what can do? :o

Mon May 06, 2019 3:07 pm

thomasblue wrote:Who would you choose to play defensive mid next season

Bacuna or Damour ?

I struggle to see why he was signed when we had the same player in reality sitting in the stands and cost nothing.

Cant believe im saying this but Damour is better imo and we got him on a free and unregistered him from the 25 man squad only to pay 3-4m for Leandro Bacuna.

Mon May 06, 2019 10:21 pm

Shocking player is bacuna.

Hope he is simply back up next season or we are fucked with him in midfield