Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW: " THE TRUTH " DID CARDIFF REALLY WANT IT? OR WAS IT

Sat May 04, 2019 6:23 pm

My View / Opinion " THE TRUTH "

DID CARDIFF REALLY WANT IT? OR WAS IT THAT CARDIFF JUST DID NOT HAVE THE QUALITY?

Lets not blame Refs or say bad luck we got relegated because we were not good enough end off :cry: :cry:

Remember the table does not lie and you make your own luck.

Cardiff come alive when its way to late.

Yes we created chances in the second-half but way to late & that missing quality was not there.

Fulham, Huddersfield,Newcastle, Burnley etc etc games are where we lost it and zero points against the Top 8 clubs out of 45 points so far City gained zero points, where as other clubs did get points from them.

A STRIKER & QUALITY FROM A MID TABLE CLUB PALACE WAS THE BIG DIFFERENCE ONCE AGAIN BETWEEN CARDIFF C & THEIR PREMIER LEAGUE OPPOSITION.

So very very disappointed that City never fought in the last few games like they should off :cry: :cry:

Yes we scored today and it was an own goal & and a consolation goal way to late.

CARDIFF CITY 2 CRYSTAL PALACE 3 :cry: :cry:

Cardiff: Etheridge, Peltier, Morrison, Ecuele Manga, Bennett, Camarasa, Gunnarsson, Decordova-Reid, Mendez-Laing, Ward, Murphy

SUBS: Brian Murphy Jazz Richards Greg Cunningham Leandro Bacuna
Junior Hoilett Rhys Healey Kenneth Zohore

Crystal Palace: Guaita, Wan-Bissaka, Kelly, Dann, Ward, Milivojevic, McArthur, Ayew, Zaha, Townsend, Batshuayi

H/T 1-2
Crowd 32,133
Away Support / Palace Fans ( 1,800 )

City started brightly, but with in 10mins one of Cardiff's best players Cameras went off injured and was replaced by Bacuna.

29mins Disaster for Cardiff, Zaha fired a low shot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box to break the deadlock. 0-1 :cry: :cry:
Thats the difference if you have a Premier League Striker.

32mins GOAL CARDIFF!! It was just getting a little flat but then Bacuna found some space out wide from Murphy’s pass, whipped an early ball towards Ward and Kelly diverted it into his own net. own goal 1-1 :bluebird: :bluebird:

40th min Cardiff trailed again as Palace worked their way through the Cardiff defence with intricate passing before Batshuayi fired into the top corner from eight yards out. 1-2 :cry: :cry:

H/T 1-2 :cry:

Kenneth Zohore came on for Ward.

City did up their game a bit more.

70th min Goal Crystal Palace! 1-3 this was the end of Cardiff’s spell in the Premier League.

Townsend ran from deep, turning Bennett inside out before firing in off the post. 1-3 :cry: :cry: :cry:

Junior Hoilett came on for Murphy.

Bobby Reid made it 2-3 in 90th min

Yes we created chances in the second-half but way to late & that missing quality was not there.

For me Cardiff got what they deserved nothing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: MY VIEW: " THE TRUTH " DID CARDIFF REALLY WANT IT? OR WA

Sat May 04, 2019 6:27 pm

NEIL WARNOCK JUST SAID: " WE SHOWED LIMITATIONS TODAY & THATS WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE " :cry:

Sat May 04, 2019 6:33 pm

We weren’t meant to be in the PL this season, just shows how much more work the club need to put in to bounce back and stay up.

It’s a disappointing outcome to a very emotional season, it may have been different if things went our way, I’m proud of the way the club handle itself over Sala, not so much about the non payment but that will be sorted in due course.

This season, overall, was a better showing in the top flight and hope we can get the players in into the positions we need and kick on and get promotion next season and hopefully have a longer run in the PL

Sat May 04, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi Annis,

IMO this all boils down to what VT wants.

If he wants to just keep jogging on then we will always be fighting an up hill battle.

If he wants to push on then he needs to spend a bit of money.

Even with all the players on loan and not playing together with the ones who should be moved there should be at least 20 players moved on.

Anyone coming in should be hungry and suitable to play at championship level or above. Even if we did that we would still have around 16 players who are good enough to start with.

It’s still been an enjoyable season but as I’ve said it’s all down to VT from here-on.

Sat May 04, 2019 6:37 pm

Let’s face it annis we got a good manager but bad owner we have crowds of over 30000 Bournemouth have crowds of just 10000 their owner is a multimillionaire our owner is a billionaire their owner puts millions in each year ours puts in peanuts we should take a leaf out of their book.we can’t stay in premier league with championships players it’s tans fault end of

Sat May 04, 2019 6:39 pm

Limitations yes

But we showed we had limitations at the beginning of the season

Said from the start first 5 games were the most crucial

They cost us relegation. Warnock had no excuses then

With the start we had I did not think we would be in with a chance so I take my hat off to warnock.

We needed a striker and bought one in Reid.. reid hasn't been given a chance.

Murphy costs us time and balls apart from his pace he isn't no where near premier quality.

Said it before that to many negatives weigh out the positives.

Warnock needs to look at his backroom staff and get a decent tactical coach in not dinosaurs football is to far advanced for the tactics we play.

Ide love to see warnock stay next season but if we get promoted again we have to have a relevant manager.

Sat May 04, 2019 6:47 pm

in my opinion, its Warnocks fault....now before everyone attacks me, I love the guy and have said all along we should stick with him, however it WILL mean relegation, for a number a reasons.

at the start of the season, our club seemed to be the most unprepared team in the league, we seemed to sit on our hands and wait for Grujic to sign, and then when he didn't Warnock stated we missed out on other players. Now, for a man who has had many years at football, this is a unacceptable.

time and time again, against teams we should of been looking for a win, Warnock has set us up for a draw, and then afterwards said, we played a bit too defensively. some of the tactics in some games where just clueless.

if someone like dyche at burnley can get a team no better than us, playing and winning games, grinding out points, why cant we. our recruitment overall has been poor, we needed players in January, and we bought bacuna, in the summer we spent money on players who haven't even had a sniff this season.

Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 pm

bluebird04 wrote:in my opinion, its Warnocks fault....now before everyone attacks me, I love the guy and have said all along we should stick with him, however it WILL mean relegation, for a number a reasons.

at the start of the season, our club seemed to be the most unprepared team in the league, we seemed to sit on our hands and wait for Grujic to sign, and then when he didn't Warnock stated we missed out on other players. Now, for a man who has had many years at football, this is a unacceptable.

time and time again, against teams we should of been looking for a win, Warnock has set us up for a draw, and then afterwards said, we played a bit too defensively. some of the tactics in some games where just clueless.

if someone like dyche at burnley can get a team no better than us, playing and winning games, grinding out points, why cant we. our recruitment overall has been poor, we needed players in January, and we bought bacuna, in the summer we spent money on players who haven't even had a sniff this season.

Completely agree !!! alot of people are thinking with there heart and not there brain.

Stats dont lie.

Facts and figures not love and affection

Sat May 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Limitations were last summer not enough spend should of brought a striker on loan if needed but paid the big wages

Sat May 04, 2019 7:00 pm

big kurt wrote:Let’s face it annis we got a good manager but bad owner we have crowds of over 30000 Bournemouth have crowds of just 10000 their owner is a multimillionaire our owner is a billionaire their owner puts millions in each year ours puts in peanuts we should take a leaf out of their book.we can’t stay in premier league with championships players it’s tans fault end of

Here we go - within 30 minutes of going down, back to blaming Tan again. Ask teams like Swansea, Bolton, Newcastle, Ipswich what a bad owner really is; or ask Fulham fans how having a good owner who spends £100m worked out for them.

We could have spent £150m and not stayed up...we had £40m of players not even picked to play last week against a team already down, in a must win game. That’s not Tans fault.

The only reason we have crowds of 30k is because Tan built the stand - massively criticised at the time, now you’re using it against him.

As a club, we are getting stronger and certainly appear to be stronger than when we went down last time - Tan and Warnock both have played a significant part in making sure that was the case.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:02 pm

:bluebird:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:13 pm

psw78 wrote:
big kurt wrote:Let’s face it annis we got a good manager but bad owner we have crowds of over 30000 Bournemouth have crowds of just 10000 their owner is a multimillionaire our owner is a billionaire their owner puts millions in each year ours puts in peanuts we should take a leaf out of their book.we can’t stay in premier league with championships players it’s tans fault end of

Here we go - within 30 minutes of going down, back to blaming Tan again. Ask teams like Swansea, Bolton, Newcastle, Ipswich what a bad owner really is; or ask Fulham fans how having a good owner who spends £100m worked out for them.

We could have spent £150m and not stayed up...we had £40m of players not even picked to play last week against a team already down, in a must win game. That’s not Tans fault.

The only reason we have crowds of 30k is because Tan built the stand - massively criticised at the time, now you’re using it against him.

As a club, we are getting stronger and certainly appear to be stronger than when we went down last time - Tan and Warnock both have played a significant part in making sure that was the case.

I agree 100 percent. Well said :ayatollah:

Sat May 04, 2019 7:18 pm

They have a forward thinking young manager who hungry players want to play for, we don't. End of.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:19 pm

No depth in squad.
Bamba. Arter Camerasa Ralls Paterson all injured.
What did you expect today?

Sat May 04, 2019 7:19 pm

RageJon wrote:
bluebird04 wrote:in my opinion, its Warnocks fault....now before everyone attacks me, I love the guy and have said all along we should stick with him, however it WILL mean relegation, for a number a reasons.

Completely agree !!! alot of people are thinking with there heart and not there brain.

Stats dont lie.

Me too, a really well constructed post and reply.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:22 pm

squad is nowhere near good enough to compete esp with the injurys im staggerd we have done aswell as we have tbh still back to the championship couple ins& outs and we go again looking forward to the challenge

Sat May 04, 2019 7:25 pm

The lack of quality in midfield was laid bare for all to see.
The club need to think long term now and perhaps a sporting director to oversee the future structure of the club alongside NW.
With the club having the parachute payments for now only 2 years its imperative it is invested wisely and not just used to make us debt free.
As Roy Hodgson just stated on the radio , if you do not invest in the football club you go backwards.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:37 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:Hi Annis,

IMO this all boils down to what VT wants.

If he wants to just keep jogging on then we will always be fighting an up hill battle.

If he wants to push on then he needs to spend a bit of money.

Even with all the players on loan and not playing together with the ones who should be moved there should be at least 20 players moved on.

Anyone coming in should be hungry and suitable to play at championship level or above. Even if we did that we would still have around 16 players who are good enough to start with.

It’s still been an enjoyable season but as I’ve said it’s all down to VT from here-on.

This is how I look at it.

I don't think Tan will be too worried about us getting relegated. I don't think he thought it was worth the risk spending again after last time. Do I blame him...not really. The pressure will be off the finances now due to the parachute payments. I believe Walnock will stay and will get support from Tan for a quick return to the Premier. Well this summer will hopefully show that.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:53 pm

When the own goal went in,I thought this is our luck changing but a false dawn.
Our midfield has been cruelly depleted and today was just a step to far.Yes we made some reasonable chances in that second half but failed to take them until it was too late.
I’ve enjoyed it in the Prem but after the summer Hols it’s back to the hardest league in the world to get out of.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:58 pm

It’s not a popular position to take here, but the blame should be directed at Warnock and his staff, in my opinion.

Warnock is the one who picks our team and, time and again, he made baffling decisions. Hoillett playing week in, week out, when he was clearly out of form. Manga being squeezed in at RB, when he clearly couldn’t own the position in the Championship, let alone the PL. Bobby Reid not getting a look in, when he regularly showed himself to be our main attacking threat when played in a role that actually suited him - and just look at the goal he scored today. The handling of Bobby Reid this season, especially since February, has been a disgrace and I genuinely think it played a huge part in our relegation.

Tactically, Warnock didn’t set us up correctly at all, for the most part. We KNOW this team can play very good football when they keep it on the floor and play the game - we’ve seen it with our own eyes. Sadly, he has had us hoof it long constantly, and that’s nullified our attacking threat over and over again. He did the same last season, too, after that fantastic start of the season that saw teams unable to handle how well we were playing it on the floor. Worked out in the end, though, as it was a weaker league than the PL.

I could go on for ages, but I won’t. I love what warnock has done for us, and I’ll never forget it. But that shouldn’t shield him from criticism, particularly when that criticism is correct and fair.

Many are saying he’s the best man to take us back up, and maybe he is. But what then? He simply cannot manage us in the PL again, nor is there any guarantee he’d ever be in a position to do so again anyway, and if we would continue our policy of not overspending upon promotion, then surely “the new man” should be in charge now, rather than at the start of a new PL season, if only to begin moulding the team in its new shape now?

I dunno, there’s lots to consider. I’m not sad to be going down, but I can’t say that I don’t feel we did this to ourselves, rather than anyone else having done it to us.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:06 pm

You can look at a number of reasons, officials have been poor and cost us. I don't think we signed players for the positions needed over the summer. We did lack quality and decisions making from players and manager hasn't helped at time.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:43 pm

Didn't we achieve what we set out ?

I think we'll get bids for Manga, Murphy and Etheridge and I don't know how we can refuse any player the right, obviously as long as they meet our exceptions. Say we got £25mill, what kind of profits has this season brought ?

Wasn't that the idea of this season, financial security, well we should have got that.

We won't be able to buy our way out, its not Tans M.O. anymore so we need to raid academies and L1 kids to build the next team. Hopefully we'll discover some quality but we will have to accept some dogs.
We have a nucleus of a good championship squad, onward we go

Sat May 04, 2019 8:51 pm

The only player who we own who might be wanted by a Premier League club is Etheridge. We need to add a top class striker, a dominant midfielder and a couple of defenders to make a challenge to get up again next season. If anyone can get us promotion it’s Warnock. However, if he gets us up it will be time to hand over the reins

Sat May 04, 2019 8:53 pm

bluebird58 wrote:The only player who we own who might be wanted by a Premier League club is Etheridge. We need to add a top class striker, a dominant midfielder and a couple of defenders to make a challenge to get up again next season. If anyone can get us promotion it’s Warnock. However, if he gets us up it will be time to hand over the reins

A right back but don't think we need much in defence for the championship.

Midfield and upfront will be the key.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
bluebird58 wrote:The only player who we own who might be wanted by a Premier League club is Etheridge. We need to add a top class striker, a dominant midfielder and a couple of defenders to make a challenge to get up again next season. If anyone can get us promotion it’s Warnock. However, if he gets us up it will be time to hand over the reins

A right back but don't think we need much in defence for the championship.

Midfield and upfront will be the key.

I get the impression Manga wants to go back to France, and Bamba may be out for a while with his injury, or may not get back to his best at his age. We need to look for a young centre half to eventually follow our regulars.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:23 pm

dorsetblue wrote:
RageJon wrote:

Stats dont lie.

Me too, a really well constructed post and reply.

when you three going to start the brain thinking bit.

Sat May 04, 2019 10:28 pm

Maybe not ,but it must be hard when your being beaten every week

Sun May 05, 2019 5:55 am

Over the season its shown we had no where near the quality needed to compete with Premiership squads, City players work hard all game no doubting that, but every game the chances missed in front if goal and passes incomplete in attack cost us alot. Looking forward to the Championship myself and hopefully the crowds will stay that signed up with the Premiership this year and not just leave because were not Premiership anymore. Palace were a team to look up to yesterday and learn from, full of attacking players and showed their above our level. Still dont get why Zaha was getting booed it just spurred him on even more.

Sun May 05, 2019 10:13 am

:bluebird:

Sun May 05, 2019 11:21 am

Crowd 32,133