Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Proud of us

Sat May 04, 2019 6:40 pm

Hugely proud of city this season, don't get all the negativity surrounding Warnock and co.

The team were out of their depth, massively. We lacked quality but they ground out the odd result throughout the season. Its been up and down, but for sure one thing. As a club we are in much better standing than ever. Warnock has done miracles, bringing promotion and unity to the club.

With or without him next season, lets see where the championship takes us. I am optimistic we will return to the top flight within the next few seasons.

Blooobirds :ayatollah:

Re: Proud of us

Sat May 04, 2019 6:54 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Hugely proud of city this season, don't get all the negativity surrounding Warnock and co.

The team were out of their depth, massively. We lacked quality but they ground out the odd result throughout the season. Its been up and down, but for sure one thing. As a club we are in much better standing than ever. Warnock has done miracles, bringing promotion and unity to the club.

With or without him next season, lets see where the championship takes us. I am optimistic we will return to the top flight within the next few seasons.

Good post and reflects the opinions of the majority of City fans. Nice to read something sensible and realistic, a lot better than reading the tripe from certain posters who have joined the forum in the last few weeks and done nothing other than to slate the club and everyone involved almost every time they post. Disappointing today, but roll on next season.

At least we have the Summer fun to come on here now, always good for a laugh. I'll get the ball rolling, Messi, Ronaldo, Hazard, go get 'em Neil.

Sat May 04, 2019 7:35 pm

Yep. Proudly gutted.

We can not have asked for much more from those guys. They fought from start to finish. If a few chance moments had gone the other way it could have been different but sadly it wasnt to be.

We defied the views of the likes of sutton and dragged it out to the last but one weekend.

We have to look forward to next season positively. WE should be on a decent financial footing for a while. We have the basis of a solid and dangerous championship side. Whatever happened today we needed a new midfield. At least we can start planning now. There is no question that those players give their all for Warnock. I personally hope he stays with us. Whatever people say about his ability at this level, he is proven and effective in the championship. The players we DID sign last year have already shown they can do it in the championship. I think Reid will step in nicely to Camarasa's role personally. If we can hang on to manga then Defence only needs some strengthening at right back really. Say what you like about peltier but he has not let us down this season and was better there than manga was IMHO.

My view was had we stayed up I think we probably would have replaced warnock but ONLY because we knew we would have needed to invest in the side so would it have been wise to spend millions on a managers players that was only realistically staying a season?

BUT as we are going down his team is already there. They already play how he wants them playing which is an effective championship system. They already play FOR him.

We come down with our heads held high and a squad that does not need to have major financial surgery carried out on it to get spending down. We have a good group of good pros. I am looking forward to more games for my season ticket! Maybe this time next year we will be going back up again!

Sat May 04, 2019 7:55 pm

CardiffCityHD wrote:Hugely proud of city this season, don't get all the negativity surrounding Warnock and co.

Totally agree. :ayatollah:

Sat May 04, 2019 8:01 pm

What a load of bollocks we have shown feck all fight when it come down to it.
Warnock has lost the dressing room.........

Sat May 04, 2019 8:31 pm

The negativity is the football we play or the lack of it. Yet again none of our players can keep possession for any period of time and result to just hoofing it aimlessly down the channel where no one's running. That's personally not my idea of football but there we go. However Warnock has done a brilliant job over the last 2-3 years but I personally want to see a bit better football and I hope we're a bit more expansive next season and keep it on the ground a bit more.

Sat May 04, 2019 8:58 pm

Think it's time for Warnock to go

Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 pm

Very proud. Enjoyed the lap of honour and clapping the team. So close.

We go again. A year wiser and certainly stronger...

Sat May 04, 2019 9:08 pm

JD 1968 wrote:Think it's time for Warnock to go

The only place I think he should go is on holiday after the Man U game then back for planning an assault on the championship :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sat May 04, 2019 9:15 pm

If we had stayed up then you would have a point but now we have gone down and he's said he wants to carry on he's the only man for the job.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:21 pm

We relegated how the hell can you proud you wet lettuce

We were shit all season but we move on and smash the championship

Sat May 04, 2019 9:22 pm

we were doing so well before he came here. lets get trolls back.

Sat May 04, 2019 9:39 pm

Cant say im proud of us . As we got relegated

If anything im dissapointed!

Why?

As we never gave it a go most games .

Personally i think we could of stayed up

Despite having a weaker squad if we played with abit of belief we could of done it .

But we didnt and thats the consequences

Sat May 04, 2019 10:16 pm

Disappointed we're going down but for the first time in a long string of relegations going back to the 74-75 season I feel more optimistic than any of the others. Really hope Warnock stays as he's a master in the championship, our bank balance is healthy and with a few added additions we've got a good chance of bouncing straight back. Add the bonus of the crowd on the teams side and it could be an exciting season to look forward to. We'll Be Back As Champions!

Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm

I think we gave to many teams a lot of respect , instead of getting stuck in and getting in their faces ,not aggressive enough .
But we haven't had the run of the green either.
Needed a couple of cheeky wins and draws ,good effort not enough quality ,well done boys

Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 pm

Scoularfan wrote:I think we gave to many teams a lot of respect , instead of getting stuck in and getting in their faces ,not aggressive enough .
But we haven't had the run of the green either.
Needed a couple of cheeky wins and draws ,good effort not enough quality ,well done boys

Oddly we have always had this stamp as aggressive under wanrock but nothing to back it up. If anything we should have been more aggressive