Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Danny Ward

Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 pm

What's people's opinions.

When I seen he started I was interested to see If he could be fit over a season which is probably unlikely could he lead the line.

For me he is a sub to come on and make an impact and put himself about.

Very dissapointed today, yes he shoots at every chance which is gd and he puts himself about but when the ball went up to him it never stuck. Time after time we lost possession.

Re: Danny Ward

Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 pm

2blue2handle wrote:What's people's opinions.

When I seen he started I was interested to see If he could be fit over a season which is probably unlikely could he lead the line.

Very dissapointed today, yes he shoots at every chance which is gd and he puts himself about but when the ball went up to him it never stuck. Time after time we lost possession.

In fairness it does take several games to come up to speed if not playing every week same for Ken and reid, we've relied to much on niasse and Paterson as lone strikers when it clearly was not working? All 3 I've mentioned are very good championship players and must be given a chance to prove it and not as subs with 15 mins left? :o

Sat May 04, 2019 10:47 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

In fairness it does take several games to come up to speed if not playing every week same for Ken and reid, we've relied to much on niasse and Paterson as lone strikers when it clearly was not working? All 3 I've mentioned are very good championship players and must be given a chance to prove it and not as subs with 15 mins left? :o

Don't disagree but I think if anything we have changed it about to much.
I'll be honest I think Niasse would have offered more today..

For me it Zohore Ward and a new singing as the 3 with Reid and Patterson as no10.

Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 am

2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

For me it Zohore Ward and a new singing as the 3 with Reid and Patterson as no10.

Are you seriously suggesting we should perservere with Zohore and Ward for yet another season? For what, in the hope that finally, finally, they MAY come good??

Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 am

Jury is still out for me as he's been unlucky with injuries.One for next season maybe.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:05 am

Jury is still out for me as he's been unlucky with injuries.One for next season maybe.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:08 am

Danny Ward is made of glass and Kenneth Zohore has not got it at this level.

We need a goalscorer like everyone else but I feel we can attract good quality signings.

I'd like to get rid of both and a few others, rebuild and go again.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:14 am

Alan_in_China wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:

Are you seriously suggesting we should perservere with Zohore and Ward for yet another season? For what, in the hope that finally, finally, they MAY come good??

Niasse had a long run and was next to useless Ken had a game here and there with cameo appearance as sub same as ward and Reid! If you judge players on that well thats not being fair on them... problem is nw uses training as a tool for picking team and that is flawed idea, thing to do is give them a run of games then judge because nw got until start of season to sort it out thats when window closes

Sun May 05, 2019 10:35 am

niasse offered more im sorry but hes done what in the past few months hes been a shocking signing 1 goal in 30 odd games says it all

Sun May 05, 2019 2:01 pm

Send the c**t to a league 1 side he offers nowt

Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 pm

born-to-be-blue wrote:Send the c**t to a league 1 side he offers nowt

The new forum idiot is on form today.

Sun May 05, 2019 2:29 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:

he is not new, its that wolfpack bloke who once called someone a c**t in real life and then came on here crying because the bloke { the c**t } had chassed him and his mate all over Barry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun May 05, 2019 2:47 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:niasse offered more im sorry but hes done what in the past few months hes been a shocking signing 1 goal in 30 odd games says it all

But he had how many games in a row to make impression? How many in a row did Ken have? Yes niasse ran the line all game but thats it no control no end product and no idea how to score! Ok Ken as faults but unless you give him a good run playing to his trengths how are we supposed to judge him? A lot of things said about ken is down to nw attitudes towards players in training several players have had same treatment which as been said by others.....

Sun May 05, 2019 2:52 pm

dogfound wrote:
Steve Zodiak wrote:

he is not new, its that wolfpack bloke who once called someone a c**t in real life and then came on here crying because the bloke { the c**t } had chassed him and his mate all over Barry. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did'nt realise that. Be interesting to see if he would repeat his insults directed at Ward & Gunners to their faces, or whether he is just your typical keyboard hard man.

Sun May 05, 2019 4:37 pm

Ward is another Warnock waste of money, albeit that he only cost £1.6m compared to the others signed. He is League one at best. He comes on as a sub and looks Ok for about 15 minutes, then you don't see him for about 3 months. I know he has had injuries but he has barely played for us in two seasons. And it does take time to get fitness back , but he was awful yesterday.

So Warnock spent money on Ward, Tomlin, Madine, Bacuna, Murphy, Reid, Smithies and Cunningham. That's about £37.5m and only Reid and Murphy have potential.