Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Change

Sun May 05, 2019 5:22 am

Warnock must change his approach to games. To set up to defend and give the opposition the majority of the possession is not acceptable. If he is not prepared to do this then he should go.

Re: Change

Sun May 05, 2019 7:11 am

1 CD and 2 CM will change us.

Building in the premier league is very expensive, all of a sudden average players become expensive and look stupidly expensive if you find yourselves back in the championship the following season.

Murphy may get a move, but if he doesn't Murphy, Reid, Morrison,Manga, Etheridge, Ralls & NML are all top end championship players. If we add four or five £3~£5 million gambles it may be interesting

Sun May 05, 2019 1:08 pm

Will be a different type of pressure for Neil Warnock and the players next season. He can no longer keep saying "We shouldn't be here" and "Its a bonus season" we should be getting top 6 minimum. Will be interesting to see if other clubs sit back more against us which means we need to learn how to brake teams down who will sit back which we don't seem to do well in.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:37 pm

Bluesman wrote:Warnock must change his approach to games. To set up to defend and give the opposition the majority of the possession is not acceptable. If he is not prepared to do this then he should go.

Only way he knows.

Sun May 05, 2019 4:59 pm

I am sure that he had a good look at the whole squad this year, that was Neil’s first full prem season and he deserved a go as did all the lads. Central midfield needs smart investment as it has done for two years. Going into campaigns relying on loaners is not for the best. Obviously, we have been trying to strengthen the frontline since last summer and no doubt there will be a cleaning of the house this summer. We need a Classy RB and if I am honest another CB as Bamba is aging. Hope we can hold on to Etheridge, M&M, Bennett, NML, Hoilett, Paterson, Murphy and Reid (who I think needs a run at #10). Tactically I trust NW to get the best out of the squad he builds over the summer. I genuinely think he could earn a 9th promotion if he is backed.