Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Next Season - Rebuild.

Sun May 05, 2019 7:21 am

Time to look forward to the Summer now and rebuild certain parts of the squad to get us back up.
We have the right man in charge to get us back up, our limitations this season was a goal scorer. Who knows what might have been if the tragedy didn't strike with Sala..

We're going to be short in midfield next season now. We're losing Arter, Camarasa and Gunnar.
Ralls is decent, but will never set the world alight and the jury is out on Bacuna, but I don't rate him more than a rotation option personally.
We need a new defensive midfielder and somebody who can come into the midfield and literally pass the ball, tick things over and make things happen.

Second thing we need is a goal scorer. That's one of the main reasons we've been relegated, not enough goals. If we bring in 3 or 4 players to supplement what we already have and keep the nucleus of this squad, I got no doubt we'll come straight back up.
I'm looking forward to seeing Bobby Reid in an attacking midfield role too, the boy is quality and has just not had a chance to showcase his quality on a regular basis!

Here's to an exciting summer and new season!

Re: Next Season - Rebuild.

Sun May 05, 2019 7:25 am

I would keep the squad we have but buy 3 centre midfielders and a right back

This squad will take us back up next season

That front 4 that started yesterday will RIP championship defences apart

Sun May 05, 2019 7:36 am

Agreed.

I think we could do with another right back option, but got to be fair I think Peltier has done a decent job since coming back into the team and I hope he starts next season as first choice.

Sun May 05, 2019 7:38 am

Cardiffboy95 wrote:Time to look forward to the Summer now and rebuild certain parts of the squad to get us back up.
We have the right man in charge to get us back up, our limitations this season was a goal scorer. Who knows what might have been if the tragedy didn't strike with Sala..

We're going to be short in midfield next season now. We're losing Arter, Camarasa and Gunnar.
Ralls is decent, but will never set the world alight and the jury is out on Bacuna, but I don't rate him more than a rotation option personally.
We need a new defensive midfielder and somebody who can come into the midfield and literally pass the ball, tick things over and make things happen.

Second thing we need is a goal scorer. That's one of the main reasons we've been relegated, not enough goals. If we bring in 3 or 4 players to supplement what we already have and keep the nucleus of this squad, I got no doubt we'll come straight back up.
I'm looking forward to seeing Bobby Reid in an attacking midfield role too, the boy is quality and has just not had a chance to showcase his quality on a regular basis!

Obviously, we need to rebuild but we’ll need a lot more than 3 or 4 new players.
Including the 3 on loan and Gunnarsson we need to get rid of at least another 5 or 6 and that doesn’t include players like Madine and Tomlin!

Sun May 05, 2019 7:45 am

Cardiffboy95 wrote:Time to look forward to the Summer now and rebuild certain parts of the squad to get us back up.

I agree with pretty much everything you’ve said here. Keeping Warnock should be the number priority. Having Patterson and Reid as two very different options behind a decent striker would be a massive asset

Sun May 05, 2019 8:00 am

Two or three midfielders and a striker. Players that will be part of our first eleven not just supplements to the squad.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:18 am

We need to hold onto Mendez Laing. It's taken me all season to realise he should of been starting whenever fit. Clearly we strong at goalkeeper and I think the defence is good enough for the championship. Up front a central striker with a good head on him. McBurnie if we could afford him.

Midfield needs a total rebuild. Be lovely if we could get Arter, there's no place for him at Bournemouth and to be honest I don't see him as a starter anywhere in the premier league. Will Vaukes from Rotherham could be a good dog in midfield.

A couple of loans will be key, Matt Smith from Man city or Ampadu, who seems if anything to be getting further away from the starting line up at Chelsea. He needs to be starting somewhere next season.

A couple of other things, Warnock and get a grip of the bits thta have gone wrong all season, the bits that most of us would consider his MO. Losing the looseball pretty much all the time and not necessarly to the lightenong quick super stars. Organisation of the defence and the keepers input in particular. Communication needs to improve.

On the whole though much to be positive about. We're together as a club and being relegated in a much more sustainable position than we were the last time we went down.

Sun May 05, 2019 9:54 am

Colback? Had a great season on loan at Forest. Would be affordable.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:48 pm

RB - Reece James/James Justin/ Sam Byram
CB - Mason Holgate/Semi Ajayi/Axel Tuanzebe/ Scott McKenna/ John Souttar
CM - John Obi Mikel/Ethan Ampadu/Ben Pearson/Danny Williams/ Isaac Hayden
CM - Muhammed Besic/Matthew Smith/Mo Diame/ Will Vaulks
CM - Harry Arter/Alan Browne/Stefan Johansen/ Nick Powell
RW - Marcus Maddison/Callum Robinson/Jarrod Bowen/Ollie Watkins
ST - Che Adams/Neal Maupay/Britt Assombalonga

A few names anyway :lol:

Sun May 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:RB - Reece James/James Justin/ Sam Byram
CB - Mason Holgate/Semi Ajayi/Axel Tuanzebe/ Scott McKenna/ John Souttar
CM - John Obi Mikel/Ethan Ampadu/Ben Pearson/Danny Williams/ Isaac Hayden
CM - Muhammed Besic/Matthew Smith/Mo Diame/ Will Vaulks
CM - Harry Arter/Alan Browne/Stefan Johansen/ Nick Powell
RW - Marcus Maddison/Callum Robinson/Jarrod Bowen/Ollie Watkins
ST - Che Adams/Neal Maupay/Britt Assombalonga

A few names anyway :lol:

We had semi ajayi didnt we let him go

Sun May 05, 2019 4:14 pm

The only way we are going straight back up is if Vinny sells up and the new owners give whatever manager we have a 50 to 60 mill pot for players.
Didn,t some Arab geezer say they were going to buy a championship club, well we are inchampionship now lets be aving you.
I,m saying this as next season i beleave their will be about 8 clubs that could be champions excluding the jacks of cause.