Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Warnock has no idea if he will be at Cardiff next season

Sun May 05, 2019 7:58 am

Neil Warnock speaks about his Cardiff City future and reveals what moved him to tears

“I am waiting on Tan and Dalman to confirm they want me to stay for next season.”

Sunday 5th May 2019

Neil Warnock revealed his Cardiff City future is still undecided after the Bluebirds were relegated from the Premier League.

A 3-2 defeat to Crystal Palace ended their slim hopes of staying in the top flight and afterwards Warnock admitted he had yet to speak to the club's hierarchy about staying on next season.

The 70-year-old veteran manager said he would definitely be working in management next season, even if that wasn't with Cardiff.

When asked about his intention to stay,

Neil Warnock said:

“I think we've just to relax for a few days and have a think about everything."

"I've not spoken to anybody. You can’t make rash judgements at this stage of the season with one game to go."

“[Vincent Tan] is here today, and Mehmet [Dalman]. Mehmet’s been amazing with me so I’m sure we’ll have a chat, either today, this weekend or the next couple of weeks.

“I have no idea [if I'll be here]. I've got to let things settle and not do anything rash.”

“I am waiting on Tan and Dalman to confirm they want me to stay for next season.”

"I will be working next year, I will have a year somewhere.'

"I am looking forward to that challenge again now."

"It’s been a great experience for me and probably my best job ever to have done what we’ve done with the club. I’m right proud of the club."

While his future may still be up in the air, Warnock maintains he still has the ambition to stay in football after what he describes as his "best season as a manager".

“If I hadn’t got the drive, I wouldn’t do it," he added.

"But I have got the drive and [my wife] Sharon’s happy for me to do another year. We’ve got to let things settle and have a chat with Vincent and Mehmet and see where we are.

"It was a proud moment today going round. I didn't know whether the fans would stay if I’m honest – I thought they might but you’re never too sure because relegation is a blow.

"But they've almost treated this season like a bonus and wherever we’ve gone they’ve enjoyed it.

"We haven’t let them down very often – we’ve only let them down two or three times, which is not bad for the group of lads I've got. I don’t think they could have given much more physically. It’s just that little bit of quality we haven’t managed to get hold of."

And the Yorkshireman was quick to pay tribute to the 12th man, admitting that their response at full-time left him emotional.

"They were absolutely amazing. I've never heard anything like that.

"I had a tear in my eye coming round at the end. I’ve never seen a relegated team get an ovation like that.

"It’s almost like they’re all on the staff, knowing what goes on behind the scenes. They've really supported me. I do feel a little bit tired tonight but I look well!"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Warnock has no idea if he will be at Cardiff next season

Sun May 05, 2019 8:06 am

I don’t think there’s any question that he won’t be here next season.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:56 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:I don’t think there’s any question that he won’t be here next season.

Totally agree. The best Championship manager in the business! Hopefully he will have some cash to play with and resolve our striker problem and make us one of the teams to watch next season.

Sun May 05, 2019 8:58 am

If Tan wanted rid there's better times than now! Let's face it from the outside it's looked like we've been down for months. Think he's scratched that itchy trigger finger...

Sun May 05, 2019 10:48 am

best man to get us out of championship yes made some iffy choices in prem but with the level of competition in champiomship i hope its warnock

Sun May 05, 2019 12:47 pm

Love Warnock for what he has done for us.....remember the schit we were in when he arrived.
Want him to stay and mentor in next Manager.
For those who want shot of him should remember what’s happenied to other relegated clubs in the past who have sacked their managers....guy will walk into any job in the championship

Sun May 05, 2019 12:51 pm

Its the long term picture we should be looking at, do we challenge with a warnock style team for the prem or follow the wolves model tipi tappy footie foreign players which seems to be what is required in the prem, although it did'nt help fulham but someone has to be relagated, but watching palace yesterday passing there way through us with ease and style of play makes me personaly wonder should we try something new for the long term, but short term warnock getting us out of the championship is the more favourite option but we are then faced with the same thing as this season a warnock team in the prem which does' nt seem to fit, apart from camarrasa who stood out a mile with his Continental style and flare, its a dilemma to know what to do but going back to wolves and norwich as an example this season they both changed there style of of play including the way they both recruited players etc, should we change or stick?.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:04 pm

I am sure he will be with us next season. The amazing thing for me is not that our poor passing got us relegated this season but that we managed to get promoted last season with even worse passing because of no Camarasa or Arter. Do you think Warnock will sign a couple of midfielders who can pass the ball or a couple of ferociously hard working headless chickens.

Sun May 05, 2019 1:35 pm

Crayfish wrote:I am sure he will be with us next season. The amazing thing for me is not that our poor passing got us relegated this season but that we managed to get promoted last season with even worse passing because of no Camarasa or Arter. Do you think Warnock will sign a couple of midfielders who can pass the ball or a couple of ferociously hard working headless chickens.

Headless chickens.

Sun May 05, 2019 2:55 pm

There’s no way, he should be allowed to leave, u less he doesn’t want to stay. I think he has made some mistakes in selection this season, but there is no one else, I want in our dug out next season.

Sun May 05, 2019 3:34 pm

im 50/50 on it ,hes been great for us ,got us up but the only complaint is the lack of ability to sign players when he has had money is disappointing ,weve needed a goal getter for years now, zohore ward and patterson are not the answer would love a chopra type player buccuna is gash i just hope if he does stay we get decent midfielders and two good pacey strikers

Sun May 05, 2019 5:34 pm

Hes the best person to get us promoted ( track record )

We are his best chance of getting his 9th promotion, cant think of a job available that would be better than us.

The owners like him
The fans like him
He likes the owners
He likes the fans

It's a no brainer really he has to stay , if we had stayed up I think we should have parted ways though.

Sun May 05, 2019 5:51 pm

montyblue wrote:Its the long term picture we should be looking at, do we challenge with a warnock style team for the prem or follow the wolves model tipi tappy footie foreign players which seems to be what is required in the prem, although it did'nt help fulham but someone has to be relagated, but watching palace yesterday passing there way through us with ease and style of play makes me personaly wonder should we try something new for the long term, but short term warnock getting us out of the championship is the more favourite option but we are then faced with the same thing as this season a warnock team in the prem which does' nt seem to fit, apart from camarrasa who stood out a mile with his Continental style and flare, its a dilemma to know what to do but going back to wolves and norwich as an example this season they both changed there style of of play including the way they both recruited players etc, should we change or stick?.

:lol: :lol:

How many contradictions in the longest sentence in history?

Sun May 05, 2019 5:59 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
montyblue wrote:Its the long term picture we should be looking at, do we challenge with a warnock style team for the prem or follow the wolves model tipi tappy footie foreign players which seems to be what is required in the prem, although it did'nt help fulham but someone has to be relagated, but watching palace yesterday passing there way through us with ease and style of play makes me personaly wonder should we try something new for the long term, but short term warnock getting us out of the championship is the more favourite option but we are then faced with the same thing as this season a warnock team in the prem which does' nt seem to fit, apart from camarrasa who stood out a mile with his Continental style and flare, its a dilemma to know what to do but going back to wolves and norwich as an example this season they both changed there style of of play including the way they both recruited players etc, should we change or stick?.

:lol: :lol:

How many contradictions in the longest sentence in history?

:clap:

Sun May 05, 2019 7:37 pm

Huddersfield

Mon May 06, 2019 9:01 am

Just wondering why the uncertainty?
The fans love him, as do majority of the players.
He seems to be happy here..
However, is there something that may surface? His agent son and the players we have, his links to McKay bloke...
Guess we will just have to wait and see..
I hope he stays... best manager in many a year.
If he goes then who is out there than is better than him getting sides promoted from the Championsship?
Pullis a no no, don’t even think of Mark Hughes..
think it would have to be a younger man, but we would have to be content with a few years of change and just staying in the Championship

Mon May 06, 2019 9:14 am

VT & MD should only be thinking about one conversation with NW, What do you need for next season and then figure out how they are going to get it for him.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2019 12:14 pm

castleblue wrote:VT & MD should only be thinking about one conversation with NW, What do you need for next season and then figure out how they are going to get it for him.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

he needs to pick the phone up .

Mon May 06, 2019 3:05 pm

He’s got a contract for next season so if I was Tan,I’d keep him until Christmas and see where we are! If in top 6 keep for season, if not bring in best available Manager?

Mon May 06, 2019 3:20 pm

I'm finding this a little bit strange.

If he has a contract why would there be any real question of him not being here next season?

Can't remember any manager getting a reception like Warnock did on Saturday after suffering a relegation.

Has made a fortune for the club by getting promoted last season and has been extremely frugal in the money spent this year whilst almost keeping the club in the division.

No whispers of any fallings out between him and the board so why does there now seem to be some insinuation that he may not be here next season?

What is slightly worrying is that so far there has been no word from the club who may be waiting to see whether Warnock actually wants to stay and feels up to it but all the comments from Warnock (in public at least) suggest that he does.

I can't see him falling out with the board over transfer money available because by all accounts he didn't spend all the funds that were available to him last season.

Finding it strange that the question of him staying seems to be instigated by Warnock himself at the moment.