Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has insisted

Sun May 05, 2019 8:03 am

Sol Bamba claims Neil Warnock WILL stay at Cardiff City

Sunday 5th May 2019

Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has insisted Neil Warnock will be staying on for another season with the Bluebirds following their relegation from the Premier League on Saturday.

Warnock had been vague on his future in his post-match press conference , admitting he had yet to speak to the club about sticking around.

But Bamba, who has missed the latter part of the season through injury, told BT Sport after the crucial defeat to Crystal Palace that it's a "big plus that Warnock's staying".

"His man-management is second to none and that's important as players want to be loved," he told BT Sport presenter Jake Humphreys.

"He knows what all the players need.

"He knows the Championship inside out. For me and the other lads, he's been massive and it's a big plus that he's staying."

And when former Arsenal defender Martin Keown put it to Bamba that Warnock would be looking to add to his eight promotions, Bamba seemed to double down on the fact that the 70-year-old is going nowhere.

"I can guarantee you, he's going to get his ninth promotion next season!

"I remember last season he said we'd go up and people were laughing."

The Ivorian defender also revealed what the manager had said to his troops inside the disappointed dressing room following their relegation.

"Yeah it's obviously a big disappointment. He feels like we missed a trick but it's a long season of 38 games. It isn't just the last week where we got relegated. He told them we should already be safe at this point and I agree with him.

"A couple of games we lost some points where we should have won some. It wasn't an easy season with what happened with Emiliano [Sala].

"We've been a bit unfortunate but we should have done better so we'll go again."

Re: Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has insisted

Sun May 05, 2019 8:04 am

Of course he’ll stay.

Sun May 05, 2019 10:50 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Of course he’ll stay.

there is clearly some sort of issue. how big that is we do not know , NW has been making it crystal that he WANTS to be here next season but always seems to add a big IF...
personally id much preffer to stick than twist.

Sun May 05, 2019 11:04 am

It's all about the budget

Sun May 05, 2019 11:06 am

My guess is Warnock is playing games, he'll want a big pot of cash to spend and wants reassurances it will be there

Seeing the upper Ninian full for most of the season proves there is an appetite for the top level football when we get there, not everyone is into the club or football enough to follow us in the championship, i get that.

He'll want that 9th promotion, that will be almost impossible to surpass, is Vinny going to back him ? And if he does what do the club want from him in terms of longevity i.e. no players over a certain age or premier league loans. Do we need to sell certain players for cost purposes.

Both sides need to talk, there needn't be any animosity, just clarification of the goals

Sun May 05, 2019 11:27 am

Will Tan trust him with a budget though?

Might be easier giving Neil a large wage structure rather than transfer fees. He does better with free signings if you look at his history

Sun May 05, 2019 11:50 am

Jimmykingz wrote:Will Tan trust him with a budget though?

Might be easier giving Neil a large wage structure rather than transfer fees. He does better with free signings if you look at his history

Have a point annis his signings for us whilst looked good for whatever reason he didn't play them, we cannot afford mistakes signing players for championship think prefer getting in high quality loans or freebies and pay the wages at least not left with dead wood at end season :thumbup:

Sun May 05, 2019 12:12 pm

Tbh I hope he goes. We need new ideas his football lacks the attacking intent we will need.

Sun May 05, 2019 3:55 pm

Dahboy wrote:Tbh I hope he goes. We need new ideas his football lacks the attacking intent we will need.

Not yet, we need him this year :bluescarf:

Re: Cardiff City defender Sol Bamba has insistedeams promo

Sun May 05, 2019 3:59 pm

Dahboy wrote:Tbh I hope he goes. We need new ideas his football lacks the attacking intent we will need.

Yeh I see your point mr negative what we need is a manager tried and trusted at championship level somebody who has a good track record at getting teams promoted from the championship let me have a think hmmmmm
What about NEIL WARNOCK ;) :occasion5: :? :roll:

Sun May 05, 2019 7:24 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Yeh I see your point mr negative what we need is a manager tried and trusted at championship level somebody who has a good track record at getting teams promoted from the championship let me have a think hmmmmm

You want Neil warnock again and you call me Mr negative :lol: :lol:

Sun May 05, 2019 7:59 pm

Pembroke bluebird wrote:

exatly who else is out there

Sun May 05, 2019 8:30 pm

ch1ppy82 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Well that's down to the board to go and look isn't it? :banghead:

Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 pm

Dahboy wrote:
ch1ppy82 wrote:
Pembroke bluebird wrote:

Well that's down to the board to go and look isn't it? :banghead:

Hmmmm... Like Slade, Trollope or Solskjaer? :roll:

Mon May 06, 2019 5:30 am

I believe it was lost when Tan didn’t invest in a striker in the Summer transfer window, Vincent Tan deliberately didn’t back Warnock in the Summer, where other clubs were showing statements of intent, Cardiff dithered and left it to late, Troy deeney at that time was available and was unhappy at Watford,he was Warnock’s type of player player as well as Rondon at Newcastle , but Tan would not back Warnock with the £30 million or was it Warnock’s bargain basement loan signings and Canny free transfers, Tan was hoping Warnock could get players here on the cheap on loan, whatever it was, no strikers came, the Summer transfer clock had run out of time,Tan believed that Warnock would keep us up, whatever it took, we were left with no Striker, Warnock using a defender Callum Patterson as a striker, this took the piss for me ! We were back in the promised land, this time I thought we would stay in top flight football for years to come. Fans paying and giving their all of hard earned cash to get to away games, wherever it was, Independently, myself on night matches booking up hotels and train tickets to get to wherever it was, Brighton, Arsenal, Manchester City,and many other away matches on organised coaches, we all put an incredible effort in and we created that backing and atmosphere for our beloved “Cardiff City,”
I was proud we were in the Premier league and was so excited and we sung our hearts out wherever we went, it was very special,and enjoyable. However it seemed we lacked quality and I had the feeling for the first time, we didn’t have the quality
we were blown away by established Premier clubs ,and we showed no fight.We had a Championship side playing World class teams, this was down to lack of preparation, an example would be Wolves and Watford, preparing for the season ahead with quality signings. Cardiff got found out and we struggled on till the January transfer window, then a new name got branded about the club a Nantes FC Argentinian footballer Emilanio Sala,he looked quality at a cost of £30 million, Wow ! I thought finally Tan is backing Warnock, then the awful tragic news hit all Cardiff fans,with Emilano Sala’s plane had crashed into the sea and Emilano couldn’t be found, eventually we had the news that his body had been found, Emilano’s family had suffered so much pain and our brilliant fans felt their pain showing amazing tributes,we cried with them. A terrible time for all involved,
The remainder of the season Cardiff limped on with a loan signing from Everton “Oumar Niasse” his return of goals was slow and scoring one goal, Warnock’s selections were sometimes bizarre, even after a winning a match, he changed the side the next game, this must have been unsettling for the team, it showed no consistency and also are results showed the same, now it felt we were fighting the relegation drop,we won at Brighton and hope came back, but then a defeat at Burnley and another luck lustre and another odd selection by Warnock give us another defeat, now I thought relegation to the Championship was finally inevitable,I arrived at our home match against Crystal Palace, like other City fans who went to Fulham I felt deflated and worn out from our long hard season ,all City fans had been through the ringer, it felt strange at our final home game,I couldn’t get going, I think I felt emotionally drained and extremely let down by the club for not showing ambition at the start of the season.
I like many of other loyal City fans give everything emotionally, home and away, I believe Vincent Tan has not backed our fans and he is not the right owner to reestablish and sustain Cardiff City as a top flight football club.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:19 am

Clubfortyfourer wrote:I believe it was lost when Tan didn’t invest in a striker in the Summer transfer window, Vincent Tan deliberately didn’t back Warnock in the Summer, where other clubs were showing statements of intent, Cardiff dithered and left it to late, Troy deeney at that time was available and was unhappy at Watford,he was Warnock’s type of player player as well as Rondon at Newcastle , but Tan would not back Warnock with the £30 million or was it Warnock’s bargain basement loan signings and Canny free transfers, Tan was hoping Warnock could get players here on the cheap on loan, whatever it was, no strikers came, the Summer transfer clock had run out of time,Tan believed that Warnock would keep us up, whatever it took, we were left with no Striker, Warnock using a defender Callum Patterson as a striker, this took the piss for me ! We were back in the promised land, this time I thought we would stay in top flight football for years to come. Fans paying and giving their all of hard earned cash to get to away games, wherever it was, Independently, myself on night matches booking up hotels and train tickets to get to wherever it was, Brighton, Arsenal, Manchester City,and many other away matches on organised coaches, we all put an incredible effort in and we created that backing and atmosphere for our beloved “Cardiff City,”
I was proud we were in the Premier league and was so excited and we sung our hearts out wherever we went, it was very special,and enjoyable. However it seemed we lacked quality and I had the feeling for the first time, we didn’t have the quality
we were blown away by established Premier clubs ,and we showed no fight.We had a Championship side playing World class teams, this was down to lack of preparation, an example would be Wolves and Watford, preparing for the season ahead with quality signings. Cardiff got found out and we struggled on till the January transfer window, then a new name got branded about the club a Nantes FC Argentinian footballer Emilanio Sala,he looked quality at a cost of £30 million, Wow ! I thought finally Tan is backing Warnock, then the awful tragic news hit all Cardiff fans,with Emilano Sala’s plane had crashed into the sea and Emilano couldn’t be found, eventually we had the news that his body had been found, Emilano’s family had suffered so much pain and our brilliant fans felt their pain showing amazing tributes,we cried with them. A terrible time for all involved,
The remainder of the season Cardiff limped on with a loan signing from Everton “Oumar Niasse” his return of goals was slow and scoring one goal, Warnock’s selections were sometimes bizarre, even after a winning a match, he changed the side the next game, this must have been unsettling for the team, it showed no consistency and also are results showed the same, now it felt we were fighting the relegation drop,we won at Brighton and hope came back, but then a defeat at Burnley and another luck lustre and another odd selection by Warnock give us another defeat, now I thought relegation to the Championship was finally inevitable,I arrived at our home match against Crystal Palace, like other City fans who went to Fulham I felt deflated and worn out from our long hard season ,all City fans had been through the ringer, it felt strange at our final home game,I couldn’t get going, I think I felt emotionally drained and extremely let down by the club for not showing ambition at the start of the season.
I like many of other loyal City fans give everything emotionally, home and away, I believe Vincent Tan has not backed our fans and he is not the right owner to reestablish and sustain Cardiff City as a top flight football club.

:banghead:

Do you really think we were going to spend £30m on a striker?! I seem to recall Warnock saying that he had money to spend, the club were encouraging him to spend, but he wasn’t going to spend if he couldn’t get better than we had.

We had actual strikers that all could have started ahead of Patterson, including one that he spent £6m on just 6 months earlier and one signed for £10m in the summer. Seems the only reason we had a defender up front was because Warnock decided a player that he bought in as a right back, wasn’t good enough as a defender, but could make a better striker, than actual strikers.

Can blame Tan for not doing a Fulham as much as you like, but when Warnock has money, he doesn’t spend it well.

Mon May 06, 2019 9:22 am

Cant blame Warnock for certain players not coming up to the standard we all expected and that was Zohore he was a massive let down to us all at the club fans players and coaches.

Madine was scoring at Bolton and sheff utd so he can score and in todays market 6 million for a striker scoring in January
for team looking to go in the premiership is nothing in todays market for a striker.

Even next season Zohore needs to go I think Ward will do better than both the above he cost very little and a warnock signing

Mon May 06, 2019 9:06 pm

valleyrambill wrote:Cant blame Warnock for certain players not coming up to the standard we all expected and that was Zohore he was a massive let down to us all at the club fans players and coaches.

Madine was scoring at Bolton and sheff utd so he can score and in todays market 6 million for a striker scoring in January
for team looking to go in the premiership is nothing in todays market for a striker.

Even next season Zohore needs to go I think Ward will do better than both the above he cost very little and a warnock signing

ward was poor Saturday..i keep wanting to see more but so far it aint happened..