Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rumours are today was Tony Pulis last as @Boro manager,

Mon May 06, 2019 5:21 am

Reporter Ian Abraham

Rumours are today was Tony Pulis last as @Boro manager, rumours are if Neil Warnock leaves Cardiff in the summer, Tony will go there

Re: Rumours are today was Tony Pulis last as @Boro manager,

Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

Let’s hope it’s just that..

Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 am

Please No.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:28 am

Better than Slade or Trollope lol

Mon May 06, 2019 7:35 am

I have always wanted Pulis but not at the expense of Warnock.

Cant see Warnock staying if he doesn't get at least £20 mill plus any sales, and I couldn't imagine Pulis not wanting the same thing.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 am

We need a young manager with fresh ideas who plays good football not a dinosaur, pulis time is up at the top level, he has a good team at Boro and cant get them promoted.

I would rather a young manager to work alongside Warnock. Sol Bamba talks a very good game maybe he might fancy a go with Warnock as director of football. Other than that there a a few good young British managers about to choose from

Mon May 06, 2019 8:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:Reporter Ian Abraham

Rumours are today was Tony Pulis last as @Boro manager, rumours are if Neil Warnock leaves Cardiff in the summer, Tony will go there

heard the same thing at fulham that pulis wants the Cardiff job and if warnock goes i think he would be an ideal replacement with the players we got

Mon May 06, 2019 8:18 am

Please no!
If we end up with a new manager I hope we go with a more passing, attacking and attractive style of play.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:30 am

I really hope not.

If Warnock is replaced we need to go in a different direction.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:33 am

Get Jokanovic.. tho he is probably too ambitious for us.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

If warnock goes it will after be pulis. Both play similar style and would be seamless transition. Pulis is not a people's person though and a bit like marmite.

Fans not patient enough to develop a style of ticky tacky football.

Tiki-taka or Tiqui-taca ([ˈtikiˈtaka]) is a Spanish style of play in football characterised by short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 am

If warnock goes it will after be pulis. Both play similar style and would be seamless transition. Pulis is not a people's person though and a bit like marmite.

Tiki-taka or Tiqui-taca ([ˈtikiˈtaka]) is a Spanish style of play in football characterised by short passing and movement, working the ball through various channels, and maintaining possession.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 am

blue lagoon wrote:If warnock goes it will after be pulis. Both play similar style and would be seamless transition. Pulis is not a people's person though and a bit like marmite.

Don’t be so ridiculous.
So it’s route one boring Pulis or Spanish style tiki-taka football?
:lol:

Mon May 06, 2019 8:44 am

We need a manager who plays more of a fluid passing game with an attacking philosophy, than what we have been served by all our managers since Dave Jones. Where even in defeat, you can go home and say to yourself that we had a good go. I want to be entertained again by my City. Also a manager with a long term vision which involves our academy and scouting. Why stick with Warnock, when he cannot succeed in the EPL, admits that he has one season left, doesn't know his best team, poor in the transfer market, low possession stats, low shots on goal, tactically naieve on the big occasions and has never given youth a chance. I like Neil, great with the fans etc, but we need a revamp I would rather a new manager now than next season when he supposedly retires.

Pulis? A Welshman yes , maybe we can finally regain our tradition of having Welsh internationals playing for the capital city. But like Warnock, the football will be slow and predictable. So a no to Tony from me.

Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 am

Not so enamoured with the need of a young manager, Ole and Trollope were young managers with new ideas, we needed dinosaurs like Slade and Warnock to mop up the mess.

There will be pressure on us being promoted within two seasons, serious pressure. Daniel Farke got away with it as Norwich were not expected to do much after selling their crown jewels after the parachute payments ran out.

Football management is the ultimate survival of the fittest, loads of new entrants at the bottom of the pyramid slowly whittled down to a few at the very top. We may be lucky and find the next Klopp or unlucky the next Trollope.

Another thing to remember is our fan base. This is a group who boo'd our most technical player of the last decade but love a trier with a beard. A few may want us to play like Swansea when they went up, but the majority would be screaming to get the ball forward mun. We need to be realistic

Pulis has a model that works, knows the division and the players and understand our fans.

Still want Neil to stay

Mon May 06, 2019 8:55 am

A MASSIVE NO from me, the guy is an absolute dinosaur and his football is worst than Warnocks. I was listening to Talk Sport a few weeks ago and a club member of the Boro fanclub has said Pulis has drove their beloved Boro into the ground, that for me says it all, never liked the guy.

Mon May 06, 2019 9:28 am

Not so enamoured with the need of a young manager, Ole and Trollope were young managers with new ideas, we needed dinosaurs like Slade and Warnock to mop up the mess.

Spot on statement people need to remember that we need Warnock remember we were going league 1 Warnock came in with a plan and it was going well the only problem it went to quick and we got promoted to early so as we were all told enjoy the ride and most of us did.

Yes we had some hammerings and the terrible disaster of Sala otherwise we did much better than I was expecting now as supporters we have to continue to support the team Warnock and go for it again and just enjoy it but we get rid of Warnock and bring a young manager well then us loyal supporters will be with the club in League 1 I rather a manager who knows what
they are doing.

I am not a fan of pullis but I am a massive fan of Warnock and still cant believe any true supporter would want him gone

Mon May 06, 2019 10:16 am

I want Warnock to stay. Why would we want to get rid of a guy who holds the record for promotion from the Championship and already on our payroll.

Some things Warnock does I struggle to understand like leaving it to late with substitutions not going for it at Fulham to name a few but the old saying springs to mind be careful what you wish for.

If Warnock does decide to move on then for me it would be Potter or Monk yes both connected down west but very highly rated especially Potter who the Jacks think is destined for the top.

Mon May 06, 2019 10:39 am

If pulis last day why isn't it all over sky sport to big a story not to be picked up by them?

Mon May 06, 2019 10:47 am

I think this is all bolox.Sol Bamba would never have been so bullish about the gaffers prospects if he didn't know something,besides Tan was in Town the other day and all this business was probably done then.

Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am

pembroke allan wrote:If pulis last day why isn't it all over sky sport to big a story not to be picked up by them?

his contract is up and a new one hasnt been offered yet , ive got it from a good source close to pulis that hes off and wants the cardiff job his wage demands are not like they were a few years ago

Mon May 06, 2019 11:00 am

Pulis no,david moyes yes if warnock leaves,moyes always wants a good work ethic from his players and did well with everton on a low budget and has championship experience ,or a foreign manager but the players we have would not suit any foreign manager unless he was a scot.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:02 am

montyblue wrote:Pulis no,david moyes yes if warnock leaves,moyes always wants a good work ethic from his players and did well with everton on a low budget and has championship experience ,or a foreign manager but the players we have would not suit any foreign manager unless he was a scot.

forgot about moyles but could we get him ? surely he would get a top job

Mon May 06, 2019 11:05 am

wez1927 wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:If pulis last day why isn't it all over sky sport to big a story not to be picked up by them?

his contract is up and a new one hasnt been offered yet , ive got it from a good source close to pulis that hes off and wants the cardiff job his wage demands are not like they were a few years ago

I dont think it is whether he wants the job, I think it is more to do with whether he and Tan could work together? Warnock seems to have an amicable relationship with Tan, though Pullis's style may not be to Tan's liking... Whatever happens cant wait for next season, the bubble trip to the caravan park and that Leeds lad spouting off again! :ayatollah:

Mon May 06, 2019 11:19 am

Tony Pulis is the wrong man from Newport to be going for.

Mike Flynn would be the one to go for, ticks a lot of boxes. Young, over-achiever, knows the local area well, plays good football, flexible with formations and seems to know how to get a good centre forward.

He'll get a good job after County.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:20 am

Keep hearing about different types of football.

Our fans aren’t patient enough to let anyone bed that in.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:27 am

BrightBlueFuture wrote:Tony Pulis is the wrong man from Newport to be going for.

Mike Flynn would be the one to go for, ticks a lot of boxes. Young, over-achiever, knows the local area well, plays good football, flexible with formations and seems to know how to get a good centre forward.

He'll get a good job after County.

Not for me, I got a good County mate who thinks Flynny needs ground work in League 1 before stepping up to Championship.

Too many hit and misses this season for County, he has potential tho

Mon May 06, 2019 11:30 am

thomasblue wrote:We need a young manager with fresh ideas who plays good football not a dinosaur, pulis time is up at the top level, he has a good team at Boro and cant get them promoted.

I would rather a young manager to work alongside Warnock. Sol Bamba talks a very good game maybe he might fancy a go with Warnock as director of football. Other than that there a a few good young British managers about to choose from

why young ?
and what sort of fresh ideas exactly...?

Mon May 06, 2019 11:46 am

wez1927 wrote:

Always good indication when a club doesnt renue contract they are looking for more progressive football than pulis offers, plus he's failed to get them even into playoffs with basically same premier squad..

Mon May 06, 2019 11:48 am

if warnock goes ,then pulis is a top top manager, and a big cardiff city fan its s no brainer