Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Arter a Must

Mon May 06, 2019 9:59 am

Not sure if he wants to be with us in the championship but he has got to be the first major capture for us,thats if he wants it would be a valuable asset in that league next season
But above that Warnock has got to remain in charge for another assault on getting back out of that championship at the first hurdle

Re: Arter a Must

Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 am

We wont be able to afford his wages im afraid, PL to championship wages are hugely different

Mon May 06, 2019 10:11 am

henge56 wrote:Not sure if he wants to be with us in the championship but he has got to be the first major capture for us,thats if he wants it would be a valuable asset in that league next season
But above that Warnock has got to remain in charge for another assault on getting back out of that championship at the first hurdle

No goals or assists we can get better for less

Mon May 06, 2019 10:34 am

He's been brilliant, would be huge to get him but I can't see it now we are down.

Mon May 06, 2019 10:39 am

Over rated

Mon May 06, 2019 1:10 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Over rated

Good player but a destructive rather than creative player. If he was on £15k a week I'd like him in the squad but it's been quoted that he's on £40k....way too much for the Championship.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:04 pm

What about £20k per week with a £1m Promotion Bonus?

That makes it £40k per week

Mon May 06, 2019 5:44 pm

We probably need 3 midfielders , I would imagine the total on weekly wages for them 3 , wouldn't be £40k.
But if Arter would agree to £20k plus a promotion bonus,if he's willing to gamble , I'd have him. He would be terrific in the championship .

Mon May 06, 2019 7:15 pm

I'm sure there would be wiggle room on wages. I can't see a lot of premier League teams being in for him. For the first two years we can afford 30k a week I'm not bothered really. Our wage bill as it is now probably wouldn't be top in the championship next season.

Clearing the decks of the players like Tomlin and Lillington who were taking big wages and not playing was important.

Can't see him commanding a big fee either, but I dont think we will have a lot to spend

Mon May 06, 2019 7:26 pm

2 more years on his Bournemouth contract, someone in the premier league will come in for him and pick up his wages.

Mon May 06, 2019 11:59 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
henge56 wrote:Not sure if he wants to be with us in the championship but he has got to be the first major capture for us,thats if he wants it would be a valuable asset in that league next season

:thumbup:

Tue May 07, 2019 10:34 am

troobloo3339 wrote:

Like who exactly ?

It's no coincidence that two of our most timid midfield performance came in key games where he was missing (Fulham and Palace). Those games needed a spark in midfield and he's exactly that.

It will take serious money to get someone any better and then hope he fit's in.

Arter would be outstanding in the Championship but I would guess he's likely to sign for someone in the Prem or a club closer to his home in London.

Tue May 07, 2019 2:08 pm

Good player and one of the main reasons for the failure in the recent run in games, but I think he can still get a game in the premier league somewhere but would love him to stay he would be a key player in the Championship !!!!

Tue May 07, 2019 3:53 pm

No chance he will be here next season. Can’t afford his wages and he won’t drop to the championship. Definitely need someone with his work rate in the middle though.

Tue May 07, 2019 3:53 pm

I think we have seen the last of him.

Cant see him coming back, I think there will be Clubs higher up the pyramid and closer to home that will come in for him and as we arnt going to 'buy' him I think he'll go elsewhere on a loan or otherwise.

Tue May 07, 2019 4:44 pm

All the budding agents on here!
:lol: