Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Do you agree or disagree? “

Mon May 06, 2019 12:06 pm

Do you agree or disagree

I was told on the weekend that Kenneth Zohore will not be at Cardiff next season if they can move him on.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: “ Do you agree or disagree? “

Mon May 06, 2019 12:10 pm

Bacuna 100% stays, Warnocks already said he’s gunners replacement

So will smithies or murphy (probably both) because it would be stupid to sell 2 back up keepers just to buy 2 more

I think Healey and hoilett leave too and unfortunately can’t see manga staying

Mon May 06, 2019 12:27 pm

unsure why pelts is in the unsure list....
or who exactly is going to take Bacuna off our hands even if we wanted..

Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 pm

I'd consider keeping demour on a 1 year deal, from what I've seen he offers more than Bacuna but with him on a long term deal it's most likely he will stay.

Surprised anyone would want Healy to stay.

Leave
Healy
Richards
Tomlin - probably have to pay up.
Bogle
Connolly
Medine if we can get a decent fee of not stay.

Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 pm

I’d keep Baccuna and Peltier
And then for me it’s sell either Cunningham or Bennet/Etheridge or Smithies.

Plus ask Brighten if they are still interested in £18m Zohore :laughing6:

Mon May 06, 2019 12:52 pm

Healy can go, he’s not going to learn much more at his age, Smithies and B. Murphy can both go and get another keeper in and promote from the youth if Etheridge stays. Think Josh Murphy can go too to lighten the wage bill, he’s shown some glimpses but nothing consistent this season, certainly not worth the 11mill paid for him. Think it’s also time for Ken to find pastures new too, unsure about Morrison, he looked slow at times this season but he is a rock and got us some much needed goals

Mon May 06, 2019 12:55 pm

Would agree with most except peltier, most fans might have an opinion of him before the season and even half way in including myself who thought the prem was a step too far but decent at championship. Well he proved me wrong, came in against arsenal away a game I attended and feared for him. He was fantastic and not looked back he’s been brilliant for us and that’s against some decent players at a higher level.

For me he’s a nailed on right back next year, granted he has limitations and even if he doesn’t start every game he’s for sure a shoe in for a championship squad.

Mon May 06, 2019 12:55 pm

id keep madine think he and bobby up top would be a much much bigger threat than zohore playing

Mon May 06, 2019 12:57 pm

Sorry just read it again, zohore to go for sure.

Mon May 06, 2019 12:58 pm

keep Ralls..unsure about Kadeem

Mon May 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Etheridge will go if over £10m bid

We need new blood in midfield plus a striker

Healy now needs to go

Others close enough

Mon May 06, 2019 1:18 pm

I would think maybe Etheridge may be in demand so therefore Smithies should stay. Healey to leave along with Richards who's been a total waste of money and time. At championship level maybe Madine could do a job for us and Zohore would be in my not sure column.

Mon May 06, 2019 1:21 pm

Missed Joe Ralls from the list and he will be here next season, Bacuna also as he has been signed as Gunners replacement. Not sure why Peltier and Smithies are on the unsure list surely they will both be here next season. There is also the question of what we do with Khadeem Harris as he is out of contract but can perform at Championship level.

O'Keefe needs to be added to the leave list as does Jazz Richards (who never seems to be fit) and Rhys Healey. Unless we can offload Madine, Tomlin and Bogle for decent money or arrange to get them loaned out without paying most of their wages they should remain as it will cost a lot of money to replace them.

There is loads of work to be done during the summer because we WILL need a squad of 28+to see us through a Championship season. We need to max out on loan signings, hopefully young hungry PL youngsters like Tammy Abraham, (If Villa fail to get promoted) or another Wan Bissaka type player who knows how to defend.

Trying to get Arter on loan again should be a high priority even if it's a pipedream surely we must give it our best shot.

NW also needs a decent budget to go and get a couple of quality players to add to an already decent Championship squad.

And there is the most important situation to sort out, Neil Warnock, to take our mainly Championship squad to the penultimate match before being relegated makes him a candidate for PL Manager of the Season for me.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon May 06, 2019 1:52 pm

Etheridge will only be a back up for bottom 6 team in premiership cant see him going to be a no2.... bacuna could be good player for us so keep him.. was great 1st time cross for the own goal perhaps insight to what could offer?

Mon May 06, 2019 1:54 pm

Zohore can go. Lazy git.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:48 pm

Id bring in a new striker and keep him as 2nd or 3rd choice. He can still get you 7-10 goals a season in the championship which could be key for promotion.

Mon May 06, 2019 3:01 pm

If Baccuna is gunners replacement we are in trouble .

Mon May 06, 2019 4:38 pm

boyosback wrote:If Baccuna is gunners replacement we are in trouble .
Spot on. He cant tackle.

Mon May 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Camarrasa, arter?

Mon May 06, 2019 6:52 pm

I think we can assume, unfortunately, that they'll be gone.
The op is optimistic . If we can pull that off and add a couple we can win the championship outright, but only if Sir Neil Warnock stays - otherwise we'll have to start from scratch with a new shape.
Our current set up isn't pretty but it works in the Chamionship and we do it a lot better now. There's one man who's the market leader in getting promotion into the premiership and we've already got him.
After that Tony Pullis would be a good choice for the next step .

Mon May 06, 2019 6:59 pm

Kenneth Zohore? :?

Hate to say it but haven't they got to find him before they can release him? :?

Got to be the best 'Hide and Seek' player this club have had in a long while! ;) :laughing6:

Mon May 06, 2019 7:07 pm

On a more serious note, will it not be more difficult to motivate players who got us out of the Championship but have played little or no part in our Premier League season to go full pelt next season knowing the spoils won't be theirs? :?

Seems to me a few need to be moved on but personally wouldn't include the excellent Lee Peltier in that group

Mon May 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Madine
Damour
Healey
Harris
Tomlin
Bogle
Richards

I'd also consider bids for Murphy if it meant strengthening in other areas

Mon May 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Agree. I think we should keep Peltier as backup ( hopefully sign a quality right back) but get rid of Jazz sicknote. Afraid we’re stuck with Bacuna (4 year contract) ????

Mon May 06, 2019 9:05 pm

Assuming we are not in a position of needing to sell any players with how little we spent this season on transfer fees and wage budgets, keeping our current squad for next season while ensuring we have the appropriate depth in every position is what I think we will require to challenge.

The players I would keep are:

Goalkeepers - Etheridge, Smithies and Murphy.
We are well equipped in this department. Unless we receive a bid we can't turn down for Etheridge, there is no need to bring any keepers in.

Centre backs - Morrison, Manga, Bamba, Connolly
Again, I think we are fine in this department. Morrison, Manga and Bamba are top Championship defenders and Connolly is a more than good enough back up who can step in when required. We are not going to get a better fourth choice centre back than Connolly, so why offload him?

Left back - Bennett and Cunningham
Bennett has been outstanding overall this season while Cunningham has proven to be a solid left back for Preston. No concerns here.

Right back - Peltier
I rate Jazz Richards and he's more than good enough for the Championship. Unfortunately, he's too injury prone. To avoid the risk of Manga or Connolly having to fill in at right back, I think we need to offload Richards and sign another right back to give Peltier competition.

Centre midfielders - Ralls, Bacuna, Damour, Paterson
We are losing Gunnarsson, Arter and Camarasa, so I would keep these four and sign another 3 centre midfielders, as Paterson can fill in up front or out wide and assuming we play the same system with 3 centre midfielders, we need 2 players fighting for each position, so 6 centre midfielders in total. We need to bring in a couple of midfielders who are good athletes, but also technically good on the ball so we can keep possession better. This is the area of the team I'm currently most concerned about and I think we need a minimum of 3 top quality centre midfielders. I would like the majority of next seasons budget to be spent in this area. I don't think Tomlin has impressed at League 1 Peterborough, so he can go.

Wingers - Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Hoilett, Harris
All 4 wingers should be more than good enough in the Championship and unless we sell one of them, I don't think there is any need to bring any other wingers in.

Strikers - Reid, Ward, Healey
I haven't included Zohore as apparently, he's leaving. Zohore will never be a regular goalscorer in my opinion so I wouldn't be against him leaving. Hopefully, we can sell him for a decent fee and use the money to help bring in a proven goalscorer at Championship level. I think Reid and Ward will contribute, I'm still undecided on Healey being up to this level but I've included him as we have nobody else. We need to do what we failed to do this season (because of the Sala tragedy), bring in a striker who will net us the goals to make the difference. I think Paterson can fill in up front when required and score goals, but I want a proven out and out number 9 goalscorer to lead our line next season. I think it's essential.

The only players I would be happy to offload are Richards, Tomlin, Madine (because he wants to move back north) and Bogle (who can't get regular starts at League 1 Portsmouth). I think the remainder of our squad can all play a part and we just need to add on top of what we've already got to give us the required quality and depth.

Tue May 07, 2019 1:48 pm

We definitely need a new RB, 2 CM and a striker. Probably will need a new CB as well if Manga doesn't sign a new contract.

I would get rid of Jazz (injury prone) Healey (if he hasnt made it by now I doubt he ever will), Tomlin (shame but attitude is shite) bogle (same as Tomlin, shame but poor attitude), Connolly (versatile but isnt good enough, need younger replacements).

Either Madine or Zohore - depending on if we sign a first choice striker or not.

I would keep Damour as he was pretty solid for us the season we got promoted.

Got a feeling we might lose Murphy to fund new signings. Hope we don't though as he could cause real problems in championship next year. If we do sell him I would offer Harris a new contract.

It is vital we keep Reid!!!

Tue May 07, 2019 2:41 pm

Might be a bit premature to assume the players on the above stay list will want to stay or that other clubs will not offer them a deal they can't refuse. I wonder how their contracts are worded with regard to their wages if the club is relegated to the Championship.

:bluescarf: