Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maybe new striker for City next season?

Mon May 06, 2019 12:28 pm

Just reading the programme from Saturday and there is a lad called Daniel Griffith's in the U18 Academy who has scored 27 goals in 27 appearances, that's an incredible stat, why not give him a go in the Senior squad next season?

Rem it’s Championship football

Re: Maybe new striker for City next season?

Mon May 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Send him out on loan to league two and get him game time and if success try league 1 from January.

Mon May 06, 2019 12:50 pm

we also have Danny Williams who we signed from Haverford West in Jan. had scored 18 in 18 in the Welsh Lge prior to us buying him..

Mon May 06, 2019 1:20 pm

dogfound wrote:we also have Danny Williams who we signed from Haverford West in Jan. had scored 18 in 18 in the Welsh Lge prior to us buying him..

When a 24 year old wins young player of season it tells you we haven't got quality or Warnock doesn't play youth

That's what pre season is for

Worth a punt

After all Rashford would never have played if it wasn't for all the injuries United had now look at him

Mon May 06, 2019 1:58 pm

NIBluebird wrote:
dogfound wrote:we also have Danny Williams who we signed from Haverford West in Jan. had scored 18 in 18 in the Welsh Lge prior to us buying him..

When a 24 year old wins young player of season it tells you we haven't got quality or Warnock doesn't play youth

That's what pre season is for

Worth a punt

After all Rashford would never have played if it wasn't for all the injuries United had now look at him

No he doesn't play youngsters part of the problem lies in the ammount of work he wants from the players its ok playing passing football but cannot expect a youngster to play consistently at the high tempo nw demands! Result is changing team regularly not sure thats a nw fortè :old:

Mon May 06, 2019 2:03 pm

At that standard where we have to look at cheap young players from the lesser leagues. Potentially take some lessons from Norwich with Pukki. Ebere Onuachu has scored 43 in 77 and is 23.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:33 pm

We got a youngster in Rhys Healey, we must give him a good chance to both improve and contribute in another big season for Cardiff.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:39 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:We got a youngster in Rhys Healey, we must give him a good chance to both improve and contribute in another big season for Cardiff.

He's 25 this year and no where near championship level.

Mon May 06, 2019 2:55 pm

George Ratcliffe
Cameron Coxe
Sion Spence
Lloyd Humphries
Kieron Evans
Mark Harris
Dan Griffiths
Issac Davies

All very talented young players who should be looked at in pre season. The fact that Callum Paterson who's 24 and is going grey got young player of the year is very concerning to the long term future of this team. We need a younger squad now imo.

Mon May 06, 2019 3:03 pm

Sam ReaN wrote:We got a youngster in Rhys Healey, we must give him a good chance to both improve and contribute in another big season for Cardiff.

Sam, what evidence have you seen that he is better than L2 ????

We need a kid who'll be in the premier league withing three season with or without us. Its gamble time and Healey is not the answer

Mon May 06, 2019 3:03 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

How do you know hes not good enough
Hes never had a run of games has scored in the championship
And was then seriously injured
Warnock gave him another contract so i prefer to think warnock knows a bit more about players than you do

Mon May 06, 2019 3:40 pm

We need a proven goal scorer at Championship level not taking a punt with youngsters who are unproven.

Mon May 06, 2019 3:43 pm

Having a chat in the pub over the weekend and we were trying to remember the last player to come up from the academy and make it to the first team on a regular basis. What is happening with the kids?

Mon May 06, 2019 4:13 pm

Bluesman wrote:We need a proven goal scorer at Championship level not taking a punt with youngsters who are unproven.

depends how good the kid is...
the often posted idea that we should be chucking them in purely because the poster thinks its about time is bonkers

Mon May 06, 2019 4:20 pm

[quote="Don Keydick"]Having a chat in the pub over the weekend and we were trying to remember the last player to come up from the academy and make it to the first team on a regular basis. What is happening with the kids?[/quote

This has been discussed here before. The under 23/development team has been mainly written off due to poor achievements. However, a lot of time and effort has gone into this year’s 18 group who may yet produce one or two first team players in the next couple of years. Very few clubs at Championship level have more than one or two players they have developed themselves

Mon May 06, 2019 4:26 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

Warnock gave him another contract so i prefer to think warnock knows a bit more about players than you do

And then sent him to a league 2 club.

Ive not seen anything in Healy to suggest he has the quality required. But then maybe I shouldn't have an opinion because you seem to think Wanrock doesn't get anything wrong. :lol: joker.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:27 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

Agreed ! I’ve seen nothing to suggest that he is anywhere near Championship lever never mind Premier. He’s 25 and if he was going to make it as a striker he would have done so by now.

Probably League 1 or 2 for him but will do well for himself at that level.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:28 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Just reading the programme from Saturday and there is a lad called Daniel Griffith's in the U18 Academy who has scored 27 goals in 27 appearances, that's an incredible stat, why not give him a go in the Senior squad next season?

Rem it’s Championship football

Why not put him on the bench on Saturday and maybe bring him on with 20 minutes left? What an experience for the lad and we have nothing to lose. As I understand it he doesn't have to be included in our nominated 25 because of his age.

Mon May 06, 2019 6:08 pm

If we could produce another james like swansea have bril but i hear or see nothing coming out of our academy unfortunately.

Mon May 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Rhys Healey is dogshit.

Not good enough for us I don’t know why he’s been kept lingering around the club for so long.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:02 pm

We could have had Rabbi Matondo but for a corrupt system favouring the big clubs with oodles of cash

Mon May 06, 2019 7:07 pm

I want to see a few getting a chance. Too long we've had people wasting away here like Harris and Healey.

Swansea blooded a lot of younger players this season, ok, that's because they didn't really have an option but they've got a few gems there, need to give a few a go. I think a 24 year old winning g young player of the season is embarrassing

Mon May 06, 2019 7:43 pm

paulh_85 wrote:I want to see a few getting a chance. Too long we've had people wasting away here like Harris and Healey.

Swansea blooded a lot of younger players this season, ok, that's because they didn't really have an option but they've got a few gems there, need to give a few a go. I think a 24 year old winning g young player of the season is embarrassing

So do I.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:44 pm

We need to take a leaf out of Swansea book and bring the youngsters through, I would love to have our own DJ at Cardiff city.

Mon May 06, 2019 7:47 pm

montyblue wrote:If we could produce another james like swansea have bril but i hear or see nothing coming out of our academy unfortunately.

another Danny even ?

Mon May 06, 2019 9:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

James Warnock, Neil Warnock's son is Rhys Healey's agent. Amongst others. You do the maths

Mon May 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

James Warnock, Neil Warnock's son is Rhys Healey's agent. Amongst others. You do the maths

well 2+2 does not equal 77 like you just did..
james works for unique who have about a 100 football clients...
pretty shitty implication tbh...

Tue May 07, 2019 5:10 am

Under our sustainable business model, don't we go with what we've got? Maybe offload Madine so Sheffield United. We've still got Reid, who wasn't with us last time in the championship. Can't see us spending big on a striker for a season in the championship, unless we're desperate come January..
Could be a chance for a youngster to step up.

Tue May 07, 2019 12:19 pm

Ruislip Blue wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

I didn't know that but assumed as much without checking.