Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

players id let go

Mon May 06, 2019 3:02 pm

for next season, need new players, new ideas, for me the following id like to see gone, Zahore, Hoillet, Paterson, healey, smithies, and maybe ralls, thoughts on that ??

Re: players id let go

Mon May 06, 2019 3:29 pm

lilybull wrote:for next season, need new players, new ideas, for me the following id like to see gone, Zahore, Hoillet, Paterson, healey, smithies, and maybe ralls, thoughts on that ??

Have to disagree mate :lol: Personally I think Zohore can be a decent back up and chip in with a few goals, Hoilett is a good championship player just not prem standard, Paterson id like to know why you want him gone as he's been really good for us, Smithies has been one of the best Championship GK's over the past 3-4 years, but been unlucky with Etheridge being so good, and will still be a decent back up. And Ralls is the only CM we have and is a top championship midfielder and wins countless second balls for the team. I do agree on Healey leaving mind and id add Jazz Richards, Connolly, Damour, Bacuna, Tomlin, Madine, and Bogle to the get rid list.

I think we have such a big job bringing in a RB, CB, 3CM's, and a ST or 2 that we need to keep any good or top championship players we currently have imo.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:20 pm

Need to be ruthless would get rid of Bacuna Ralls Zahore Demour

Midfield is my worry even more so than a striker. If anybody thinks a midfield next season of Bacuna and Ralls are going to cut it we are in trouble.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Llantwit Blue wrote:Need to be ruthless would get rid of Bacuna Ralls Zahore Demour

Midfield is my worry even more so than a striker. If anybody thinks a midfield next season of Bacuna and Ralls are going to cut it we are in trouble.

I agree with all those.

There will be more (Bruno might attract a big offer) but those four are likely to go, otherwise we’ll struggle to get in the playoffs next year.

Mon May 06, 2019 4:38 pm

lilybull wrote:for next season, need new players, new ideas, for me the following id like to see gone, Zahore, Hoillet, Paterson, healey, smithies, and maybe ralls, thoughts on that ??

no..we already need to replace the 3 loanees, Gunnerson and probably Jazz who I don't see getting another contract here.. that's 5 and that's enough...don't want another OGS summer thanks.