LATEST NEWS " MAN UTD v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What will the result be of Manchester United v Cardiff City?

Poll ended at Sat May 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Manchester United win
47%
Cardiff City win
41%
Draw
12%

Total votes : 17

Postby worcester_ccfc » Mon May 06, 2019 10:08 pm

MANCHESTER UNITED v CARDIFF CITY
Sunday 12th May 2019, 3pm
Premier League
Old Trafford

Updated 09/05/19

Utd tickets are back for sale in ticket office

Cardiff City have sold their 3,300 ticket allocation :bluebird: :bluebird:

Manchester United:

The Red Devils are set to be without several senior players ahead of this Sunday’s encounter. Eric Bailly, Sergio Romero, Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku and Antonio Valencia all missed the club’s last Premier League encounter against the Terriers, whilst

Alexis Sánchez also remains a doubt after he was forced off through injury against Jan Siewert’s men.

download.jpeg
download.jpeg (109.6 KiB) Viewed 10860 times

About Manchester United

Manchester United Football Club, commonly known as Man United, or simply United, is a professional football club based in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, that competes in the Premier League, the top flight of English football. Nicknamed "the Red Devils", the club was founded as Newton Heath LYR Football Club in 1878, changed its name to Manchester United in 1902 and moved to its current stadium, Old Trafford, in 1910.

Manchester United have won more trophies than any other club in English football, with a record 20 League titles, 12 FA Cups, 5 League Cups and a record 21 FA Community Shields. United have also won three UEFA Champions Leagues, one UEFA Europa League, one UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, one UEFA Super Cup, one Intercontinental Cup and one FIFA Club World Cup. In 1998–99, the club became the first in the history of English football to achieve the continental European treble. By winning the UEFA Europa League in 2016–17, they became one of five clubs to have won all three main UEFA club competitions, and the only English club to have won every ongoing top-flight honour available to them.

The 1958 Munich air disaster claimed the lives of eight players. In 1968, under the management of Matt Busby, Manchester United became the first English football club to win the European Cup. Alex Ferguson won 38 trophies as manager, including 13 Premier League titles, 5 FA Cups and 2 UEFA Champions Leagues, between 1986 and 2013, when he announced his retirement. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the club's current manager.

Manchester United was the highest-earning football club in the world for 2016–17, with an annual revenue of €676.3 million, and the world's most valuable football club in 2018, valued at £3.1 billion. As of June 2015, it is the world's most valuable football brand, estimated to be worth $1.2 billion. After being floated on the London Stock Exchange in 1991, the club was purchased by Malcolm Glazer in May 2005 in a deal valuing the club at almost £800 million, after which the company was taken private again, before going public once more in August 2012, when they made an initial public offering on the New York Stock Exchange. Manchester United is one of the most widely supported football clubs in the world, and has rivalries with Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, and Leeds United.

Previous Meeting

We lost 5-1 at home to Manchester United in December.

Team News - Predicted Line-Ups

Manchester United: De Gea, Young, Lindelof, Jones, Shaw, McTominay, Matic, Pogba, Mata, Sanchez, Rashford

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Peltier, Manga, Morrison, Bennett, Gunnarsson, Camarasa, Mendez-Laing, Murphy, Decordova-Reid, Ward

Form - Last Three Games

Huddersfield Town 1-1 Manchester United
Manchester United 1-1 Chelsea
Manchester United 0-2 Manchester City

Cardiff City 2-3 Crystal Palace
Fulham 1-0 Cardiff City
Cardiff City 0-2 Liverpool

Match Odds

Manchester United - 1/5
Cardiff City - 10/1
Draw - 6/1

Predictions

Post your predictions below :thumbright:
Attachments
Large-4.jpeg
Large-4.jpeg (127.97 KiB) Viewed 10278 times
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: LATEST NEWS " MAN UTD v CARDIFF CITY " MATCH THREAD

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 9:44 am

This should be a decent game and I hope Neil Warnock gives the players some freedom of expression on the day

The result no longer matters in real terms, so give the travelling fans a decent game to watch at a super venue and against one of the world's top clubs/teams :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Wed May 08, 2019 10:48 am

Cardiff City have sold their 3,300 ticket allocation :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby montyblue » Wed May 08, 2019 12:08 pm

Do we have a starting 11 they all seem to be dropping like flies the last few weeks?
montyblue

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 09, 2019 6:05 am

Manchester United:

The Red Devils are set to be without several senior players ahead of this Sunday’s encounter. Eric Bailly, Sergio Romero, Jesse Lingard, Romelu Lukaku and Antonio Valencia all missed the club’s last Premier League encounter against the Terriers, whilst

Alexis Sánchez also remains a doubt after he was forced off through injury against Jan Siewert’s men.
Attachments
SEI_65929928.jpg
SEI_65929928.jpg (38.04 KiB) Viewed 10277 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Bluebina » Thu May 09, 2019 8:01 am

Shackles off so we can have a go at them-------- 4-1 to them
Bluebina

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 09, 2019 9:44 am

Manchester United still have something to play for vs Cardiff City

Manchester Evening News

9th May 2019

Manchester United may not have Champions League qualification to play for on the final day of the campaign but their game against Cardiff City is not a dead rubber.

That's because United's final position in the Premier League could determine whether or not they have to qualify for next season's Europa League.

United are currently sixth in the table but will finish in fifth position if they beat Cardiff and Arsenal fail to win their final game of the campaign away to Burnley.

If United do finish fifth, they will automatically qualify for the group stages of the Europa League regardless of what happens elsewhere.

However, if United finish in sixth there is a scenario that could see their season start with the Europa League second qualifying round on July 25 - more than two weeks before the Premier League's opening weekend.

Watford will secure automatic qualification for the Europa League group stages if they beat City in the FA Cup final on May 18. Should that happen and United also finish sixth, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's men will go into the second qualifying round for the Europa League.

Should City win the FA Cup and United finish sixth, United will go straight into the group phase, with Wolves, already guaranteed a seventh-placed Premier League finish, going into Europa League qualifying and Watford missing out entirely.

Whether or not Arsenal qualify for the Champions League by winning this season's Europa League will have no bearing on whether United will need to qualify for next season's competition.

The maximum number of English teams in UEFA competitions is seven, so if Arsenal do win the Europa League there will be five English teams in the Champions League next season and two in the Europa League.

United will be desperate to avoid Europa League qualifying as they currently have a pre-season game against Spurs in Shanghai lined up for July 25.
Attachments
0_GettyImages-1141482940.jpg
0_GettyImages-1141482940.jpg (63.27 KiB) Viewed 10121 times

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Forever Blue » Thu May 09, 2019 11:10 am

Utd tickets are back for sale in ticket office

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Sven » Thu May 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has turned to youth ahead of Manchester United's final game of the season.

United missed out on a Champions League spot with last Sunday's abject 1-1 draw at Huddersfield , with the Reds consigned to the Europa League next season.

Solskjar has been frustrated by the performances and attitude of many of his established stars and responded by promoting six youth players to first-team training this week.

Angel Gomes, Dylan Levitt, Arnau Puigmal, Mason Greenwood, James Garner and Tahith Chong all trained with the first-team ahead of Sunday's final game of the season against Cardiff at Old Trafford.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207298
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby 103 Barmy Army » Sun May 12, 2019 10:37 am

Does anyone know the pubs allocated for away fans today at Old Trafford?
103 Barmy Army

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 11:43 am

Full Man United squad to face Cardiff City:

David de Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant, Antonio Valencia, Ashley Young, Diogo Dalot, Phil Jones, Chris Smalling

Andreas Pereira, Fred, Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay, James Garner, Angel Gomes, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata,

Anthony Martial, Tahith Chong, Marcus Rashford, Mason Greenwood
Attachments
ManUre v Cardiff.png
ManUre v Cardiff.png (386.01 KiB) Viewed 9501 times
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Sun May 12, 2019 12:18 pm

103 Barmy Army wrote:Does anyone know the pubs allocated for away fans today at Old Trafford?

At Salford quay in lime pub lovely friendly and nice in sun with vety cool beer :occasion5:
pembroke allan

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun May 12, 2019 12:54 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
103 Barmy Army wrote:Does anyone know the pubs allocated for away fans today at Old Trafford?

At Salford quay in lime pub lovely friendly and nice in sun with vety cool beer :occasion5:

Mrs has me in the Trafford Centre. So near but so far! I'm f*cking livid!! Have a beer for me!!
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 2:32 pm

LATEST:

MAN UTD 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY

Penalty
after Mendez-Laing brought down and gets up to score from the spot after sending De Gea the wrong way :clap:

ManUre supporters faces as red as their shirts in the sunshine and the Bluebirds faithful well on topin the noise stakes! :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Sven

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 2:49 pm

HT: MAN UTD 0 - 1 CARDIFF CITY :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Sven

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 pm

Nice to see us given a penalty. And an iffy one at that. Must be cos we're already down.

Replay for those who want it...

https://streamja.com/N565
jimmy_rat

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 12, 2019 2:51 pm

I've seen the clip.

Never in a million years was that a penalty - another shocking decision by an official.
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Sun May 12, 2019 2:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I've seen the clip.

Never in a million years was that a penalty - another shocking decision by an official.

Completely agree, that was never a penalty :lol: In fairness that doesn't even make up for the other 500 penalties we've not been given throughout the season. Prem refs really are shocking
Bluebird Warrior

Postby jimmy_rat » Sun May 12, 2019 2:57 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I've seen the clip.

Completely agree, that was never a penalty :lol: In fairness that doesn't even make up for the other 500 penalties we've not been given throughout the season. Prem refs really are shocking

And the worst thing is we're going down by 2 points... They've cost us plenty more than that!

A Brighton equaliser and an offside goal punched in to the net for Wolves now please!
jimmy_rat

Postby worcester_ccfc » Sun May 12, 2019 3:12 pm

2-0! Mendez-Laing again!

@neddthomas on Twitter.

worcester_ccfc

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 3:15 pm

MAN UTD 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY

Excellent from Josh Murphy and City increase their lead through Nathaniel Mendez-Laing :clap: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
Sven

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Another great stop by Neil Etheridge but the offside flag was up anyway :clap:

Cardiff fans now singing "You're getting sacked in the morning!" to someone but tough to know who? :?
Sven

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 3:22 pm

Paul Pogba yellow carded and not too sure it wasn't just to let us knowhe us actually on the pitch...! :laughing6:
Sven

Postby Ibby » Sun May 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Good to be 2 nil up and had we won few others games, we may have stayed up.
Ibby

Postby Sven » Sun May 12, 2019 3:50 pm

PREMIER LEAGUE RESULT:

MANCHESTER UNITED 0 - 2 CARDIFF CITY

Nathaniel. Mendez-Laing (2, inc. Pen)

A super final day for The Bluebirds and their immense away support, who are the only voices to be heard at Old Trafford :clap: :notworthy: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

For 'Fake Fans' check out the United Stands with 15 mins to go! :shock:
Sven

Return to General Chat