VINCENT TAN: 'HAPPY' FOR NEIL WARNOCK TO STAY

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 11:09 am

Neil Warnock: Cardiff City boss can stay, says owner Vincent Tan
By Rob Phillips

Tuesday 7th May 2019

Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan wants manager Neil Warnock to stay at the club despite relegation from the Premier League.

Malaysian Tan would like Warnock, 70, to extend his Football League record to a ninth promotion as a manager.

"I am happy for Neil to stay and achieve his ninth promotion to the EPL," said Tan.

Cardiff finish their Premier League campaign at Manchester United, on Sunday, 12 May.

The Bluebirds' relegation after one season in the Premier League was confirmed with Saturday's 3-2 home defeat by Crystal Palace.

Warnock is contracted until the end of the 2019-20 season and after losing to Palace, he said he would be working as a boss next season, but had "no idea" whether he would remain with Cardiff.

But Tan has now moved to reassure Warnock by making it clear he wants the Yorkshireman to remain.

Warnock was given a rousing ovation at Cardiff City Stadium after the defeat by Palace, and afterwards goalkeeper Neil Etheridge said the players wanted Warnock to stay.

Club chairman Mehmet Dalman had praised Warnock despite relegation.

He told BBC Radio Wales: "I think he's playing such a critical role and it would be a shame to see anything different from that - I do not expect anything different from that.

"I talk to Neil on a regular basis, we have a great relationship. I know Vincent [Tan] has a great relationship with him."
Attachments
Neil Warnock.jpg
Neil Warnock.jpg (49.46 KiB) Viewed 6086 times
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCENT TAN: 'HAPPY' FOR NEIL WARNOCK TO STAY

Postby Blue Legend » Tue May 07, 2019 11:14 am

Good news, happy with that. The club now has stability and a lot of that is down to Warnock. :bluescarf:
I don't care about Vincent,
He don't care about me.
All I care about is CCFC......
Blue Legend

Postby jimmy_rat » Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

Awesome news.

Consistency is key next season.

3 or 4 new players now please Vinny and we're good to go again!
jimmy_rat

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 11:19 am

This contradicts certain stories doing the rounds at the moment (and one specific that doesn't involve Tony Pulis) but I personally hope this is true...

Neil Warnock has been a revelation for a drifting Cardiff City FC and anyone who cannot/will not see his worth in the last 30 months or so, clearly doesn't look beyond the absolute disappointment of relegation at the end of what may be the toughest season in our substantial history

Errors were made but promotion was unexpected and relegation not the absolute certainly many, including some Cardiff City fans, had predicted

The usual negativity from Dahboy, absolute drivel from the jealous 'Jacks' and the Lichfield Lip (AV3) to follow no doubt, but this has been a good season for Cardiff City FC and we need to stay united and preparing for the season ahead

Who better could we have to push us on again...? :? :ayatollah: :bluescarf:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby ReesWestonSuperMare » Tue May 07, 2019 11:33 am

How many times do you hear in business that it prefers continuity ?

Glad this has been put to bed now. Neil , the staff and players can have a free hit at old trafford, have a couple of weeks off in the sun. And then start to build on the squad for next season. A few will go and a few will come in. From what I can tell - all the players want him to remain, they all certainly want to play for him - as demonstrated by us (probably) over achieving the last 2 seasons
ReesWestonSuperMare

Postby fred keenor » Tue May 07, 2019 11:50 am

Brilliant news, lets hope he is supported with a healthy budget for next season.
fred keenor

Postby montyblue » Tue May 07, 2019 12:03 pm

Great news just hope we get the funds and players we need to come straight back up, we need a whole new mid field and qaulity "strikers", because we need to take the championship by storm from the start.
montyblue

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue May 07, 2019 12:04 pm

montyblue wrote:Great news just hope we get the funds and players we need to come straight back up, we need a whole new mid field and qaulity "strikers", because we need to take the championship by storm from the start.

Well done monty!
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 07, 2019 12:13 pm

Its odd it keeps getting mentioned over and over, latest on Talksport recently.

The season hasn't even finished and he's in contract so not sure what point Warnock is trying to prove. Obviously feels he needs fans backing for something.
2blue2handle

Postby Bluebird Warrior » Tue May 07, 2019 12:38 pm

Correct decision for me. As mentioned above we now need a new midfield and a top class striker + an attacking Right Back. Hopefully we already know who we want and if the information is correct we've learned from last season in regards to players we need and how early we need to get it done. What we also need to do is have 1 eye on who will be Warnock's successor when his contract comes to an end, but all in all good news for next season :bluescarf:
Bluebird Warrior

Postby SirJimmySchoular » Tue May 07, 2019 12:53 pm

The previous post puts it well

That's half the battle then ! We don't have time for someone to develop a whole new culture and if there's one thing which Sir Neil Warnock can do its promotion.
We now need maximum possible player retention plus a few new good players to replace those who will inevitably leave and we can win the Championship outright.
No messing about or hoping for the best this time- ruthless efficiency and results .

After that we do need a rebuild because we now know that our present style doesn't really work efficiently in the Premiership, so that's something which had to go on in the background, and I'd think the appointment of an assistant manager who is being prepared for the hot seat is the offer of the day. No interfering with decisions or anything in the mean time, just getting to be part of the club .
Maybe then ,when the time comes , our present manager can stay in some other advisory or non executive position .
SirJimmySchoular

Postby Bluebina » Tue May 07, 2019 2:04 pm

Great news, we will still have a great squad and with some key acquisitions up front and to replace Gunner, Arter and Camerasa, we should be strong again next season !!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Bluebina

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 2:32 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its odd it keeps getting mentioned over and over, latest on Talksport recently.

The season hasn't even finished and he's in contract so not sure what point Warnock is trying to prove. Obviously feels he needs fans backing for something.

Luke, there have been a few (mainly unfounded) whispers of late and I think Neil Warnock may have been feeling the need for a little reassurance from the top, despite another year of his contract to run

Having heard one or two of the rumours, I am pleased that backing for Neil Warnock has been given publicly; although personally I think the time for statements from either side should have been after the season's end
Sven

Postby scotslad » Tue May 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Happy with that. He's got a good record getting teams out the championship. Certainly wouldn't want Tony Phyllis instead.
scotslad

Postby blue lagoon » Tue May 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Great news that, i cant wait to go again.
WE'LL ALWAYS BE BLUE!
blue lagoon

Postby FAWman » Tue May 07, 2019 2:54 pm

Sven, your obsession with all things to do with the Jacks and Dahboy is getting very tedious to read. As a moderator you should be championing all views, not just churning out the same repetitive nonsense while shutting down people’s opinions that don’t fit yours, grow up man. You are not doing the forum any favours whatsoever.

Anyway, as for this news. Mixed feelings. I personally think it would be better to have a longer term plan and bring in a manager that wants his own players that he can mould into a side capable of not only going up but staying there. Yes Warnock has a very good track record in the Championship but a horrific one in the PL across numerous clubs and the style of play is, well, not very entertaining shall we say.

I don’t see much point in VT investing in a squad that the next manager will very likely want to overhaul. Neil is 72 next year (?!), so it’s pretty safe to say he isn’t here for the long term.
FAWman

Postby troobloo3339 » Tue May 07, 2019 3:05 pm

Blue Legend wrote:Good news, happy with that. The club now has stability and a lot of that is down to Warnock. :bluescarf:

Yes i agree but also down to tan
troobloo3339

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 3:10 pm

FAWman wrote:Sven, your obsession with all things to do with the Jacks and Dahboy is getting very tedious to read. As a moderator you should be championing all views, not just churning out the same repetitive nonsense while shutting down people’s opinions that don’t fit yours, grow up man. You are not doing the forum any favours whatsoever.

Anyway, as for this news. Mixed feelings. I personally think it would be better to have a longer term plan and bring in a manager that wants his own players that he can mould into a side capable of not only going up but staying there. Yes Warnock has a very good track record in the Championship but a horrific one in the PL across numerous clubs and the style of play is, well, not very entertaining shall we say.

I don’t see much point in VT investing in a squad that the next manager will very likely want to overhaul. Neil is 72 next year (?!), so it’s pretty safe to say he isn’t here for the long term.

Fella, I don't mention the Jacks much and Dahboy knows it's banter because of his negativity and my general positivity when it comes to the club

I think you need to separate the two (poster and Moderator) and look first at your own posts, profanities and tone before you criticise others for their writing styles

Nothing else you write above (re investment and Warnock's age) is anything other than stating the obvious ;)
Sven

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 07, 2019 4:08 pm

Sven wrote:
FAWman wrote:Sven, your obsession with all things to do with the Jacks and Dahboy is getting very tedious to read. As a moderator you should be championing all views, not just churning out the same repetitive nonsense while shutting down people’s opinions that don’t fit yours, grow up man. You are not doing the forum any favours whatsoever.

Fella, I don't mention the Jacks much and Dahboy knows it's banter because of his negativity and my general positivity when it comes to the club

I think you need to separate the two (poster and Moderator) and look first at your own posts, profanities and tone before you criticise others for their writing styles

Nothing else you write above (re investment and Warnock's age) is anything other than stating the obvious ;)

Sven / Chris is def not obsessed with the Jacks.

Plus as a moderator Sven is entitled to his own personal views 100% :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue May 07, 2019 4:26 pm

What a load of nonsense. He posts as a fan and has opinions just like the rest of us. As Dahboy is a WUM, Sven is certainly no different to most on here commenting and taking the piss out of the guy.

If you find him (in particular) tedious to read then don’t read, it’s quite simple.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby snoopystorm » Tue May 07, 2019 4:35 pm

Brilliant news, just hope he stays now he’s got VT’s backing

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
Once a Bluebird, Always a bluebird
snoopystorm

Postby FAWman » Tue May 07, 2019 9:55 pm

Sven wrote:

I would say you mention the Jacks more than any single poster on here. If I am stating the obvious regarding age and investment then the obvious logical outcome is that Warnock signing on again is lacking any long term plan, which I am yet to see written.

Where have I used profanities? And where have I criticised anyone for a writing style? I am just observing that you often bring threads down a level with your constant slagging of people that don’t for with your way of thinking. By all means explain your points and your opinions but slagging people off, calling them WUM’s and trolls because you don’t agree really isn’t helpful.
FAWman

Postby FAWman » Tue May 07, 2019 9:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Plus as a moderator Sven is entitled to his own personal views 100% :thumbright: :thumbright: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Of course he is. Although opinion and constant droning and name calling about people who disagree with him is not really an opinion. Also accusing people of using profanities when I don’t think I ever have on a forum in my life is also unhelpful.

You are allowed your own opinion but you are not allowed your own facts. You should be behind the fight against this sort behaviour regardless of who it is from, it does quickly bring a forum down a level. We will have to agree to disagree regarding the obsession part then, I always allow the content of someone’s posts to be the deciding factor on that, and with that in mind I don’t think there is much doubt, but you are entitled to your opinion.
FAWman

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 9:41 am

FAWman wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Of course he is. Although opinion and constant droning and name calling about people who disagree with him is not really an opinion. Also accusing people of using profanities when I don’t think I ever have on a forum in my life is also unhelpful.

You are allowed your own opinion but you are not allowed your own facts. You should be behind the fight against this sort behaviour regardless of who it is from, it does quickly bring a forum down a level. We will have to agree to disagree regarding the obsession part then, I always allow the content of someone’s posts to be the deciding factor on that, and with that in mind I don’t think there is much doubt, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Whether you agree with my views/opinions or not is a matter for you to decide and you have the right to reply but in this case, you got involved with something that wasn't aimed at you and was (as most will know) somewhat of a Mickey-take in addition to the relevant point made

However, we know you have no sense of humour and this isn't the first time you've 'had a pop' at me through someone else's post and on all occasions it has been because you didn't like what I said or have the balls to respond in any cerebral way

So let's just take a look at the particular thread you started as a so-called 'newbie' and let's also see the responses you got from me and others who clearly also saw through you...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=205261&p=2097511#p2097511

I wasn't 'rude' but I may have been mockingly sarcastic, as you 'suddenly appeared' with all the facts and figures about Sala's international clearance as your first post, yet the sour/matter of fact style of your responses were vey familiar, as recognised by quite a few in that thread alone!

My point was that you were not/are not a 'newbie' but someone who uses different names depending on the point you want to get across. You are, in my opinion, a frustrated wannabe (possibly a Jack) and I've told you before I think you're another with odd motives for being on this Forum and I stand by that

Worry about your own comments (under any of your names) and I'll do the same about my own; safe in the knowledge that I don't need multiple names to hide behind and I don't lack the humour to see the funny side of some things I don't even like :thumbright:
Sven

Postby FAWman » Wed May 08, 2019 12:16 pm

So because I have quite justly called you out, you are now turning your attention to me and throwing your abuse and lies my way? Not for the first time in this thread I might add, let alone in history. You are having a go at me bizarrely that my first post was CORRECTLY clearing up the Sala issue due to my knowledge of how transfers work. What would you have preferred my first post to be then? Asking if anyone liked sandwiches?

You have a chip on your shoulder about something and you are using this forum to vent it. Be that abusing people, belittling them or just making things up if you have to. Dahboy was actually correct in what he said was he not? Suggesting that your allegation that he was negative was incorrect and turned out he was actually being realistic. Being positive doesn’t make you a better fan than him, it makes you away with the fairies.

Seriously, take a step back and read your posts, they are horrendous to read and absolutely drag threads down; it is about time someone put you in your place because every time I log on to read this forum, without fail should you dislike an opinion you will be the first to be putting that poster down, making a snide or personal remark and generally being a bit of a berk. As I said, as a moderator of this site you should not be encouraging this behaviour let alone instigating it.
FAWman

Postby FAWman » Wed May 08, 2019 12:22 pm

...And on second reading, what do you mean “suddenly appear”?!

Didn’t you “suddenly appear” after your first post, and every other member that has used this forum? That’s kind of the point. We’re you visible on this forum before you made your first post? Prey tell. You seem to be suggesting that making a first post is somewhat a heinous crime, completely unaware that if nobody “suddenly appeared” then this forum would be blank.
FAWman

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm

FAWman wrote:So because I have quite justly called you out, you are now turning your attention to me and throwing your abuse and lies my way? Not for the first time in this thread I might add, let alone in history. You are having a go at me bizarrely that my first post was CORRECTLY clearing up the Sala issue due to my knowledge of how transfers work. What would you have preferred my first post to be then? Asking if anyone liked sandwiches?

You have a chip on your shoulder about something and you are using this forum to vent it. Be that abusing people, belittling them or just making things up if you have to. Dahboy was actually correct in what he said was he not? Suggesting that your allegation that he was negative was incorrect and turned out he was actually being realistic. Being positive doesn’t make you a better fan than him, it makes you away with the fairies.

Seriously, take a step back and read your posts, they are horrendous to read and absolutely drag threads down; it is about time someone put you in your place because every time I log on to read this forum, without fail should you dislike an opinion you will be the first to be putting that poster down, making a snide or personal remark and generally being a bit of a berk. As I said, as a moderator of this site you should not be encouraging this behaviour let alone instigating it.

Did I say the information on Sala was incorrect? :?

Did I 'abuse' you? :?

Get your own facts right, Multi Man and keep to defending your own actions rather than picking up on other peoples; most of whom, including Dahboy, assuming you are not him, can defend themselves quite adequately and don't need crusaders like you to muddy their cause

Perhaps you're looking for some kind of sanitisation of the Forum? You know, the kind when you (as always) are the ONLY person that can have a valid opinion and woe-betide anyone who disagrees or questions it; just the same as you accuse me of doing!

I fully appreciate that my style and some of the things/ways I say what I do are not to everyones taste but then again, the same could be said the other way round

You, however, believe your own hype and are clearly frustrated; certainly as a poster (I will qualify by stating that I don't know you as a person, so as ever cannot possibly comment)

For some reason (and we both know why) I seem to have gotten to you, despite our on-line paths crossing infrequently under your 'FAWMan' name

Let's get something straight, right here and right now; you haven't 'called me out' at all and you need to read up what that actually means. You are certainly the one with the chip on your shoulder and you are the one who believes you are perpetually the only one with a valid opinion

In the interest of other users, time to take this off-Forum and you can contact me via pm, where I'll be more than happy to discuss your bitterness and some of the false comments/observations you have made above and in your previous posts :thumbright:
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 12:58 pm

FAWman wrote:...And on second reading, what do you mean “suddenly appear”?!

Didn’t you “suddenly appear” after your first post, and every other member that has used this forum? That’s kind of the point. We’re you visible on this forum before you made your first post? Prey tell. You seem to be suggesting that making a first post is somewhat a heinous crime, completely unaware that if nobody “suddenly appeared” then this forum would be blank.

No heinous crime for most but a daft question because you really know the answer to that...

I was basically accusing you of being a 'multi' and I stand by that ;)

Between us (and I take my portion of blame) we have managed to de-rail what should have been a positive thread :(

My PM box is open... :thumbup:
Sven

Postby pembroke allan » Wed May 08, 2019 1:04 pm

This is a forum of varied opinions with individualistic traits by posters simple rule is if dont like what a poster puts simply ignore or dont read! If someone bugs you in any way simply put him on your foe list so you cannot see what is put in your post! I've done it to several posters and it works a treat ..... life is to short to waste on silly squabbles that are easily avoided if you want to that is.
pembroke allan

Postby FAWman » Wed May 08, 2019 1:17 pm

Sven wrote:
Did I say the information on Sala was incorrect? :?

Did I 'abuse' you? :?

Get your own facts right, Multi Man and keep to defending your own actions rather than picking up on other peoples; most of whom, including Dahboy, assuming you are not him, can defend themselves quite adequately and don't need crusaders like you to muddy their cause

Perhaps you're looking for some kind of sanitisation of the Forum? You know, the kind when you (as always) are the ONLY person that can have a valid opinion and woe-betide anyone who disagrees or questions it; just the same as you accuse me of doing!

I fully appreciate that my style and some of the things/ways I say what I do are not to everyones taste but then again, the same could be said the other way round

You, however, believe your own hype and are clearly frustrated; certainly as a poster (I will qualify by stating that I don't know you as a person, so as ever cannot possibly comment)

For some reason (and we both know why) I seem to have gotten to you, despite our on-line paths crossing infrequently under your 'FAWMan' name

Let's get something straight, right here and right now; you haven't 'called me out' at all and you need to read up what that actually means. You are certainly the one with the chip on your shoulder and you are the one who believes you are perpetually the only one with a valid opinion

In the interest of other users, time to take this off-Forum and you can contact me via pm, where I'll be more than happy to discuss your bitterness and some of the false comments/observations you have made above and in your previous posts :thumbright:

- Did I say that you said it was wrong? I said that you criticised me for my first post being correct, which is just weird.

- I wouldn’t say abuse, no. You have lied about me repeatedly though. The comment of abuse was more noting that you abuse others by calling them WUM’s, trolls etc all because you don’t like their views on club matters.

- I am not a crusader, I am sticking up for people on here that you tread on to fulfil whatever you are missing in your life. These guys are football fans wishing to express an opinion and don’t need the likes of your putting them down every 5 seconds simply because you don’t like it.

- you are going off on some bonkers path here, why would you have “gotten to me”. I couldn’t give a damn what you throw at me sonny, I am sticking up for other users of this forum and supporters of this club.

- I have very little interest in PMing you. I suggest in future you may be better served taking your boring and futile feuds with Dahboy to PM then? Sparing us all from reading them. How’s that for a suggestion?
FAWman

Next

Return to General Chat