UPDATED: Jazz Richards new 1 year deal?

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 07, 2019 4:20 pm

According to Walesonline he has been "tied down for another term".

Maybe Walesonline being useless but surely can't be true?
2blue2handle

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Jazz Richards new 1 year deal?

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Tue May 07, 2019 4:43 pm

When he’s fit he’s a very decent player.
If true perhaps the staff think he’s over his injury problems and is worth a gamble.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 4:51 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:When he’s fit he’s a very decent player.
If true perhaps the staff think he’s over his injury problems and is worth a gamble.

I agree with that :thumbup:

Sadly, some on here (and I was at that Birmingham City game where he did little wrong) can't see past the Swansea link, so have a 'downer' on him regardless :(
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue May 07, 2019 4:52 pm

Hope not as he is always injured.

Let's sign better
Mad bad and dangerous to know
Charlie Harper

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Charlie Harper wrote:Hope not as he is always injured.

Let's sign better

Better or fitter?

Either way, it'll be tough, if his injury woes are behind him and I have to say that him committing to us shows he is up for the fight rather than flight :thumbright:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby Charlie Harper » Tue May 07, 2019 5:44 pm

Sven wrote:
Charlie Harper wrote:Hope not as he is always injured.

Let's sign better

Better or fitter?

Either way, it'll be tough, if his injury woes are behind him and I have to say that him committing to us shows he is up for the fight rather than flight :thumbright:

He made 3 appearances this season and 6 last season so I hope to have someone better and definitely fitter.
Charlie Harper

Postby thomasblue » Tue May 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Sven wrote:

Sadly, some on here (and I was at that Birmingham City game where he did little wrong) can't see past the Swansea link, so have a 'downer' on him regardless :(

I dont think it's anything to do with him being a Jack, its more to do with the fact he is constantly injured. He has played in ( mostly a sub ) 30 games in 3 years for us . He has missed over 2 full seasons worth of games in his 3 seasons here.

Nobody doubts his ability but his injury record is shocking , it's as if he thinks the season stops in September and starts in April because he doesn't play between those months
thomasblue

Postby Sven » Tue May 07, 2019 6:03 pm

thomasblue wrote:
Sven wrote:

I dont think it's anything to do with him being a Jack, its more to do with the fact he is constantly injured. He has played in ( mostly a sub ) 30 games in 3 years for us . He has missed over 2 full seasons worth of games in his 3 seasons here.

Nobody doubts his ability but his injury record is shocking , it's as if he thinks the season stops in September and starts in April because he doesn't play between those months

I understand that :thumbright:

But I was at the Birmingham City game and I know firsthand what a lot of our fans did to him... ;)
Sven

Postby 2blue2handle » Tue May 07, 2019 6:15 pm

Personally think he is out best right back.

But then you have to think how many games has he played in the last two season, even when fit he seems behind Peltier and Manga and then add to that most people think right back is an area for strengthening.

I think it's an odd decision.
2blue2handle

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Tue May 07, 2019 7:44 pm

Prefer Peltier

Jazz is like sicknote
Mr Moo Cow

Postby Bluesman » Wed May 08, 2019 12:21 pm

What a waste of space. Taking up a place in the squad which could be better taken by anyone else.
Bluesman

Postby RICK+CCFC » Wed May 08, 2019 1:59 pm

Unless its on a pay as you play basis, Id be shocked if this is true. We are going to need a squad of players who have the potential to play a full 46 game Championship season, with all its demanding fixtures, & I dont think our next budget will have the luxury of "carrying" certain players. Remember the Xmas & new year period when in the Championship last time around, & we were on our bare bones with players injured & "missing"?
RICK+CCFC

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 2:14 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Unless its on a pay as you play basis, Id be shocked if this is true. We are going to need a squad of players who have the potential to play a full 46 game Championship season, with all its demanding fixtures, & I dont think our next budget will have the luxury of "carrying" certain players. Remember the Xmas & new year period when in the Championship last time around, & we were on our bare bones with players injured & "missing"?

Rick, apparently agreed and signed some weeks ago rather than at the end of season! :shock:
Sven

Postby RICK+CCFC » Wed May 08, 2019 2:19 pm

Sven wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:Unless its on a pay as you play basis, Id be shocked if this is true. We are going to need a squad of players who have the potential to play a full 46 game Championship season, with all its demanding fixtures, & I dont think our next budget will have the luxury of "carrying" certain players. Remember the Xmas & new year period when in the Championship last time around, & we were on our bare bones with players injured & "missing"?

Rick, apparently agreed and signed some weeks ago rather than at the end of season! :shock:

Well Sven, if this is true then in Neil Warnock we trust. Hopefully his injurie problems are behind him, & he can go one & play his part in a full season. I'm sure we all hope for that, as there will be a lot of fans monitoring his progress.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 2:25 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Sven wrote:

Well Sven, if this is true then in Neil Warnock we trust. Hopefully his injurie problems are behind him, & he can go one & play his part in a full season. I'm sure we all hope for that, as there will be a lot of fans monitoring his progress.

You're 100% right on all counts; particularly the fans monitoring :thumbup:

It seems Jazz is back to full fitness and a pre-season will see him back to his best and people say he is highly rated by Neil Warnock, who sees him as a key player for next season's assault on the Championship

Time will tell, but I have to say I think it's a good shout to keep him on the books :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby Charlie Harper » Wed May 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Have to disagree as Jazz is injury prone and be may be fit today but there are 10 months and 46 championship games to get through and personally I dont think he deserves another contract here due to those injuries in the last 2 campaigns.

Although if NW thinks he can do it then let's hope the lad gives the club something back in ways of performance :bluebird:
Charlie Harper

Postby Escott1927 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:19 pm

I would put Jazz as our first choice RB as he offers more going forward than Pelts. But unfortunately we will be lucky to get 15 games out of him next season. I wouldnt have given him a new contract. I would prefer to spend a bit of money and get a first choice RB in and have pelts as cover or get a youngster in to play 2nd to Peltier. Either way we will need to bring in cover as Jazz and Pelts are both injury prone
Escott1927

Postby Edwards_ccfc16 » Wed May 08, 2019 3:41 pm

Spoken to Jazz, he hasn’t signed a new contract as he’s still got another year left on his original contract, don’t know where people are getting the information about on player contracts but most is not true, Kadeem Harris and Manga contracts are suppose to be up next month but I’m sure they’ll both be here next year
Edwards_ccfc16

Postby RICK+CCFC » Wed May 08, 2019 4:20 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Spoken to Jazz, he hasn’t signed a new contract as he’s still got another year left on his original contract, don’t know where people are getting the information about on player contracts but most is not true, Kadeem Harris and Manga contracts are suppose to be up next month but I’m sure they’ll both be here next year

Interesting, bearing in mind that JR was signed on a three year contract in July 2016, until 30 June 2019. Has he had a contract extension during this time?
RICK+CCFC

Postby Edwards_ccfc16 » Wed May 08, 2019 5:01 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:Spoken to Jazz, he hasn’t signed a new contract as he’s still got another year left on his original contract, don’t know where people are getting the information about on player contracts but most is not true, Kadeem Harris and Manga contracts are suppose to be up next month but I’m sure they’ll both be here next year

Interesting, bearing in mind that JR was signed on a three year contract in July 2016, until 30 June 2019. Has he had a contract extension during this time?

Nope sure, was probably signed on a 4 year to be honest but was reported as 3, told me he still has another year
Edwards_ccfc16

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 5:51 pm

Edwards_ccfc16 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:

Nope sure, was probably signed on a 4 year to be honest but was reported as 3, told me he still has another year

Interesting from you and I'm looking into this but the information we have is as follows...

Loanees returning to 'home' clubs

Victor Camarasa (Real Betis)
Harry Arter (Bournemouth)
Oumar Niasse (Everton)

Players Out of Contract on 30th June 2019

Bruno Ecuele Manga
Aron Gunnarsson
Stuart O'Keefe
Jazz Richards
Kadeem Harris
Brian Murphy

Those with a year left...

Kenneth Zohore
Sol Bamba
Rhys Healey
Danny Ward
Lee Peltier
Matthew Connolly
Sven

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Seems that the 'option' for extended contracts (one year) were taken up on Jazz Richards and Bruno Ecuele Manga, which means both have now signed up for next season

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=207278

Thanks to 'Wez' for that info... :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Postby wez1927 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:20 pm

Sven wrote:Seems that the 'option' for extended contracts (one year) were taken up on Jazz Richards and Bruno Ecuele Manga, which means both have now signed up for next season

warnock and manga comfirmed this in interviews but warnock wants to extend mangas longer
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby Sven » Wed May 08, 2019 7:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Sven wrote:Seems that the 'option' for extended contracts (one year) were taken up on Jazz Richards and Bruno Ecuele Manga, which means both have now signed up for next season

warnock and manga comfirmed this in interviews but warnock wants to extend mangas longer

That all makes sense... :thumbup: :ayatollah:
Sven

Re: UPDATED: Jazz Richards new 1 year deal?

Postby TrueBlue99 » Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm

If he can keep himself fit for a big run of games then it's a good deal, best all round RB we have and will be an asset for us considering he can play both right and left back when needed to.

His wages won't be on the high side, so will defo be useful to have him in the squad for a long Championship season. Another thing people need to remember is that our wage bill will be lowered as we are now in the Championship, it's in the majority of our players contracts that their wages increased when in the Premier League but contained a clause that if we were to suffer relegation they would then be lowered again to what they were previously, Warnock I believe stated this when we had a large amount of new deals confirmed for players last pre-season. That now turned out to be a very good bit of business.

As for Bruno, as stated above he's here next season, in our managers words "We got an option on Bruno, so he's gonna be here next year whether he likes it or not" on 1 year deal though but might be pushed up to 2 if Warnock has managed to agree something with him, which sounded likely the way he was speaking.

Good news all around imo :thumbright:
TrueBlue99

Re: UPDATED: Jazz Richards new 1 year deal?

Postby RICK+CCFC » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:09 am

Still waiting???
RICK+CCFC

Return to General Chat