Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

FIFA Investigation and money to Nantes

Wed May 08, 2019 9:45 am

All gone quiet where are we with that, and will we have to pay it ???

Re: FIFA Investigation and money to Nantes

Wed May 08, 2019 9:50 am

It's still there and progressing; but little will be divulged from 'official' sources until all investigations have been carried out

I think we are at the time when it's best for all sides to consider their 'public' words carefully

The eventual outcome is going to have major impact for one side or the other (and maybe both)

Wed May 08, 2019 11:41 am

Sven wrote:It's still there and progressing; but little will be divulged from 'official' sources until all investigations have been carried out

I think we are at the time when it's best for all sides to consider their 'public' words carefully

The eventual outcome is going to have major impact for one side or the other (and maybe both)

I wonder how much longer it will take?

I expect everyone wants the outcome asap, as we will all need to know the respective budgets for the Summer transfer window!!!

I suppose even if they say you must pay, then the legal work would start of various negligence claims, to try and recover as much as possible, which will go on for years?

Wed May 08, 2019 2:30 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Sven wrote:It's still there and progressing; but little will be divulged from 'official' sources until all investigations have been carried out

I expect everyone wants the outcome asap, as we will all need to know the respective budgets for the Summer transfer window!!!

I suppose even if they say you must pay, then the legal work would start of various negligence claims, to try and recover as much as possible, which will go on for years?

I think much of what you say above is the problem; there are so many potential outcomes and counter-claims that they would prefer to got a 'mutual agreement' rather than seeing it go to Court

Certainly FIFA are a little worried about the outcomes for football as a whole and it may take some time yet; particularly with the crash investigation itself on-going

Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:40 pm

Sven wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

I think much of what you say above is the problem; there are so many potential outcomes and counter-claims that they would prefer to got a 'mutual agreement' rather than seeing it go to Court

Certainly FIFA are a little worried about the outcomes for football as a whole and it may take some time yet; particularly with the crash investigation itself on-going

Still no news, it's obviously not clear cut with FIFA taking this long with no progress?

Tan selling his stake in the American club, maybe be our cash back up if we do have to pay, so we can still spend for promotion now?