Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHAT NEXT FOR GARETH BALE?

Wed May 08, 2019 10:57 am

WHAT NEXT FOR GARETH BALE?

Wednesday 8th May 2019

Gareth Bale is in limbo at Real Madrid with a dearth of summer options, according to Marca.

The paper claims that the Spanish side are keen to offload the Wales international before their pre-season tour of the US in July but are struggling to find suitors willing to meet reported wages of around £14.5m a year.

Marca says Manchester United's failure to reach the Champions League is likely to rule them out, that Tottenham are unlikely to pay the asking rate and that Bayern Munich, despite links, have not shown any interest.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: WHAT NEXT FOR GARETH BALE?

Wed May 08, 2019 12:18 pm

Wages apart, it's going to be a tough summer for Gareth Bale as he waits to see what happens next

I think the writing was on the wall before Zidan'es return but that was surely the final chapter in his Real Madrid story?

He may yet decide to stay (his prerogative under the terms of his contract) but I feel he will want to play football rather than sit in the sun and run his substantial contract down

Personally, I think a return to a Pochettino-led Spurs and their new stadium would be great for him; or, if not, a move to The Bundesliga

Wed May 08, 2019 12:32 pm

If my son was lucky to be in Gareth’s position, I would advise him to take a drop in salary and try and play as many games as possible, before his career comes to an end. He must have enough money by now, to be able to afford the pay drop.

Wed May 08, 2019 12:53 pm

If Real Madrid give him the contract they should honour it,if they no longer want bale,it’s not his fault,they won’t just put him to one side and lose a transfer fee,so they just got to pay up his contract or a very big part of it

Wed May 08, 2019 1:38 pm

Seems like Madrid are trying to offload him but Bale doesn't wanna go.

Wed May 08, 2019 4:54 pm

We should take him on loan

£10 mill loan fee
£10 mill wages

Promotion guaranteed adding him to this squad

Forget signing anyone else he would take us up on his own

Wed May 08, 2019 4:57 pm

caerblue wrote:If Real Madrid give him the contract they should honour it,if they no longer want bale,it’s not his fault,they won’t just put him to one side and lose a transfer fee,so they just got to pay up his contract or a very big part of it

Very true,I posted similar on another thread last week,he is under contract,so doesn't have to accept who Madrid may want to sell him to's offer,if figures spoken about are true,why would/should he accept say 20m to buy him out of his deal,which over the nxt 3 yrs will earn him 42m?? As I said then,the ball is very much in Gareth s court,although I don't want him just rotting in the reserves,from a wales perspective. Time will tell I suppose. :old: :bluebird:

Wed May 08, 2019 5:11 pm

bluesince62 wrote:
caerblue wrote:If Real Madrid give him the contract they should honour it,if they no longer want bale,it’s not his fault,they won’t just put him to one side and lose a transfer fee,so they just got to pay up his contract or a very big part of it

Very true,I posted similar on another thread last week,he is under contract,so doesn't have to accept who Madrid may want to sell him to's offer,if figures spoken about are true,why would/should he accept say 20m to buy him out of his deal,which over the nxt 3 yrs will earn him 42m?? As I said then,the ball is very much in Gareth s court,although I don't want him just rotting in the reserves,from a wales perspective. Time will tell I suppose. :old: :bluebird:

Ramsey has set a precedent, Bale is in the driving seat, they have to pay him wages and will lose out on a transfer fee if he wants to stay, they will have to pay him off or play him, he is too valuable to put in the reserves at £42Million !!!

Thu May 09, 2019 9:09 am

Bluebina wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Ramsey has set a precedent, Bale is in the driving seat, they have to pay him wages and will lose out on a transfer fee if he wants to stay, they will have to pay him off or play him, he is too valuable to put in the reserves at £42Million !!!

Latest news is he's saying he wants to stay despite zidane saying he as no future there :o

Thu May 09, 2019 11:09 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
bluesince62 wrote:

Latest news is he's saying he wants to stay despite zidane saying he as no future there :o

He's doing a Ramsey, I wouldn't blame him, he can't play many games a season due to injuries these days anyway, might as well take the money and start again when his contract runs out.

Real lose out on the transfer fee and he can have increased wage instead at the new club.

Fri May 10, 2019 7:21 pm

thomasblue wrote:We should take him on loan

£10 mill loan fee
£10 mill wages

Promotion guaranteed adding him to this squad

Forget signing anyone else he would take us up on his own

This.

I also think we should've done the same with Rambo in January but with actual fee not on loan.