Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Swansea City's Daniel James £10mill

Wed May 08, 2019 11:01 am

UNITED INTERESTED IN JAMES

08/05/19

Manchester United have emerged as frontrunners to land Swansea and Wales starlet Daniel James in a £10m deal, according to the Daily Mail.

The 21-year-old is reportedly aware United are keen to sign him with Liverpool also said to be interested.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Swansea City's Daniel James £10mill

Wed May 08, 2019 11:43 am

Forever Blue wrote:UNITED INTERESTED IN JAMES

08/05/19

Manchester United have emerged as frontrunners to land Swansea and Wales starlet Daniel James in a £10m deal, according to the Daily Mail.

The 21-year-old is reportedly aware United are keen to sign him with Liverpool also said to be interested.

He has pace, looks a great player if he can continue his development, Klopp seems the best at developing and giving good young players an opportunity.

Wed May 08, 2019 1:36 pm

Bluebina wrote:

08/05/19

He has pace, looks a great player if he can continue his development, Klopp seems the best at developing and giving good young players an opportunity.

I dont think going to Liverpool would do him any favours tbh. There's no way he'd get in ahead of Mane and Salah and even Shaqiri who's on the bench would be ahead of him, and what about Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn? Personally would rather he go to Spurs or a Midtable prem team where he might get more game time.

Wed May 08, 2019 1:48 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

08/05/19

I dont think going to Liverpool would do him any favours tbh. There's no way he'd get in ahead of Mane and Salah and even Shaqiri who's on the bench would be ahead of him, and what about Harry Wilson and Ben Woodburn? Personally would rather he go to Spurs or a Midtable prem team where he might get more game time.

That's a good point, although Klopp is good with young players, that's a hell of an improvement needed to get ahead of any of those?

Good shout about Spurs as well, still a massive club on the up, but with more of a chance!!!

Wed May 08, 2019 1:55 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

08/05/19

That's a good point, although Klopp is good with young players, that's a hell of an improvement needed to get ahead of any of those?

Good shout about Spurs as well, still a massive club on the up, but with more of a chance!!!

Just hope where ever he goes he gets game time. I look at guys like Ampadu, and Woodburn and worry about whether their development is being stalled due to Chelsea and Liverpool not playing them or loaning them out. I mean look at the development that guys like Connor Roberts, Matthew Smith, Harry Wilson, David Brooks, Dan James, and Tyler Roberts have made all through playing week in week out in competitive football. The best scenario is we sign Ethan Ampadu on loan and take Connor Roberts and Dan James off the jacks. Happy days :D :ayatollah:

Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Suspect he’ll be playing for the jerks next season on loan from one of the top 6. Not Chelsea though as they’re banned.

Not necessarily though. Arsenal kept Ramsey when it was expected he’d be back with us on loan.

£10m seems cheap these days

Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

08/05/19

Just hope where ever he goes he gets game time. I look at guys like Ampadu, and Woodburn and worry about whether their development is being stalled due to Chelsea and Liverpool not playing them or loaning them out. I mean look at the development that guys like Connor Roberts, Matthew Smith, Harry Wilson, David Brooks, Dan James, and Tyler Roberts have made all through playing week in week out in competitive football. The best scenario is we sign Ethan Ampadu on loan and take Connor Roberts and Dan James off the jacks. Happy days :D :ayatollah:

Injuries have stalled Ampadu not Chelsea.

Wed May 08, 2019 2:15 pm

Danny Says wrote:Suspect he’ll be playing for the jerks next season on loan from one of the top 6. Not Chelsea though as they’re banned.

Not necessarily though. Arsenal kept Ramsey when it was expected he’d be back with us on loan.

£10m seems cheap these days

Hopefully not (playing for the Jacks) but I can see it happening as the boy continues his development into what must surely be a bright future :thumbright:

Wed May 08, 2019 2:40 pm

WelshPatriot wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird Warrior wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

08/05/19

Injuries have stalled Ampadu not Chelsea.

I still believe his development would have been helped if they'd loaned him to Derby in the summer instead of keeping him in the under 23's.