Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Embarrassing: “ Cardiff’s Tickets back on Sale “

Thu May 09, 2019 11:13 am

Manchester Utd tickets are back for sale in ticket office :cry:

They are also on sale on here and all over fb by fans.

The 3,000 tickets were originally sold, suddenly tickets returned by our fans.

Just shows already what our support will be like next season, back to the Real fans.

Flying back tonight :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Plus season tickets have slowed down beyond for next season :cry:

Re: Embarrassing: “ Cardiff’s Tickets back on Sale “

Thu May 09, 2019 11:43 am

Annis never understood this type mentality bought tickets to go nothings changed team still needs support! Will be there despite nothing to play for...... as for not renuing ST bet people Will waste more than the cost on drink and take aways over the season :o
Last edited by pembroke allan on Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 09, 2019 11:45 am

pembroke allan wrote:Annis never understood this type mentality bought tickets to go nothings changed team still needs support! Will be there despite nothing to play for......

It’s unbelievable Allan, yes I can’t wait :bluebird:
Driving to the airport now :bluebird:

Cardiff City is who I Support no matter where or what we have achieved or not achieved :bluebird:

Thu May 09, 2019 11:46 am

Just looked on the website and I cant see them back on sale. Shocking if this is true though. Cant believe the amount of "fans" leaving after palaces 3rd goal on Saturday either. Pisses me off

Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 am

Bambasbestbuddy22 wrote:Just looked on the website and I cant see them back on sale. Shocking if this is true though. Cant believe the amount of "fans" leaving after palaces 3rd goal on Saturday either. Pisses me off

Fans have been going down the ticket office today and buying them over the counter, due to so many returns and cancelled tickets.

Thu May 09, 2019 11:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:Annis never understood this type mentality bought tickets to go nothings changed team still needs support! Will be there despite nothing to play for......

It’s unbelievable Allan, yes I can’t wait :bluebird:
Driving to the airport now :bluebird:

Cardiff City is who I Support no matter where or what we have achieved or not achieved :bluebird:

Getting back into away travel despite the cost for 2 of us every away game is £100+ but like you supported them since late 60s .... never appealed to me old Trafford so never went when opportunity arose so can tick of my list of been :bluescarf:

Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm

Its not a shock really, its a meaningless game now.

Thu May 09, 2019 12:26 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Its not a shock really, its a meaningless game now.

How is it meaningless Luke, we support Cardiff City, not just when we are winning.
It’s exactly how a massive proportion of our so called fans are and will be next season.

It’s Old Trafford Away and it’s our Club Cardiff City playing there, my daughter & I can’t wait :bluebird:

Been there loads of times, but it means something when your club is playing.

Thu May 09, 2019 12:47 pm

Glad I sold mine for a profit before we were relegated :laughing5:

Thu May 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

How is it meaningless Luke, we support Cardiff City, not just when we are winning.
It’s exactly how a massive proportion of our so called fans are and will be next season.

It’s Old Trafford Away and it’s our Club Cardiff City playing there, my daughter & I can’t wait :bluebird:

Meaningless because the game has no effect on the season no matter the result, its nothing to do with winning or losing its just meaningless.

I can see why fans would and wouldn't want to go each to their own but I don't think that makes them lesser fans. Next season of course we will drop fans that's just what happens sadly

That's like suggesting all fans should go to all friendlies because Cardiff are playing, for me I've not been to a friendly in years, I don't enjoy it unless its competitive.

Thu May 09, 2019 12:53 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I agree 100%.

The two things I can understand with away games, because it's the case with myself as well as home games due to my location, is working hours and financial reasons.

But if people could get it off work (assuming some work weekends) and afford it before we got Relegated, then they can now.

Thu May 09, 2019 12:55 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree 100%.

The two things I can understand with away games, because it's the case with myself as well as home games due to my location, is working hours and financial reasons.

But if people could get it off work (assuming some work weekends) and afford it before we got Relegated, then they can now.

Or maybe they just don't want to go now.

Thu May 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I sold mine onto a mate, just rather save my money for the away games next year. Yes I could afford to go and would do if it was anything on the game. I don't have the added attraction because it old Trafford I want to go I couldn't give a shit.

Thu May 09, 2019 1:20 pm

I agree with Annis. Taking you're tickets back in embarrassing.

When people bought the tickets they would have known the possibilities.

To turn youre back now and say, dont want to go now we down is poor form.

If u was the ticket office I wouldn't have given them their money back.

Thu May 09, 2019 1:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree 100%.

That's my point, isn't it?

Many always blame money, kick off times or working hours. But the real reason is they are happy to go when things are going well.

I'm sure we'll hear the money and work excuses again all of next season but they'll suddenly get over those issues if we get promoted.

Great support our fans show.

Thu May 09, 2019 1:53 pm

I can't wait to go. Old Trafford is one to tick off the bucket list and seeing us go up there and put 4 on them will be wicked :thumbright:

Making a weekend of it, going up Saturday and coming back Monday.

This is just as big a game as any other we played this season. The lads are going to be hugely deflated with relegation confirmed, and they need this pick me up to know that no matter what that we got their back despite what league we're in.

I'll be there whether it's premier league, championship, league one or two or National League. I don't care

Thu May 09, 2019 2:03 pm

I always have a little chuckle when people use the words loyalty.

When are football fans going to relise that we are all cash cows. The odd freebie or bone chuched my way is chicken feed to the 100 mill plus these clubs generate.

How about free travel for Man utd game ??? Or a fu... free cup of coffee now and again.

Bunch of mugs we all are. But hey Ill be there next season and boy to.

Thu May 09, 2019 2:25 pm

How come once you have bought a ticket you can then take it back?Please don’t tell me you can do the same with season tickets!

Thu May 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Well said RV CASUAL. Totally agree

Thu May 09, 2019 2:43 pm

theclaw wrote:How come once you have bought a ticket you can then take it back?Please don’t tell me you can do the same with season tickets!

People did after the last relegation (return season tickets) and some of those excuses were embarrassing; more to do with the relegation itself than it was ever about the infamous red (which was tolerable for them the season before in the Premier League) :oops:

Luke (2blue2handle) seems to think it's okay for people to buy and then return 'on a whim' but what about the people who wanted tickets but couldn't get them on 'games attended' grounds?

There were enough of them and many who would have like to, cannot go now due to the logistics of only 48 hours notice

Thu May 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Taking my 7 year old boy to only his second away game, his first being Brighton, we are both looking forward to it regardless of the outcome and we both have renewed our season tickets for next season.

Support the team not the league.

Didn't miss a home game this season and missed a handfull last season but 100 mile round trip to Cardiff I'll probably miss a lot more next season due to the midweek games and him being in school the next morning, getting home at 10:30pm is no good

Keep the faith

Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm

I have no problem with people going to as many games as they want to.
Everybody has different financial resources, family commitments, work commitments etc etc.

Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 pm

Plymuff Bloobird wrote:I have no problem with people going to as many games as they want to.
Everybody has different financial resources, family commitments, work commitments etc etc.
Don't get your thinking. If they bought tickets then they could afford to go. They are now returning them because we are already relegated with nothing on the game.

Thu May 09, 2019 4:20 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I agree 100%.

That's my point, isn't it?

Many always blame money, kick off times or working hours. But the real reason is they are happy to go when things are going well.

I'm sure we'll hear the money and work excuses again all of next season but they'll suddenly get over those issues if we get promoted.

Great support our fans show.

I feel like these are different issues, people have the money got the game and got the tickets but now don't want to go because its nothing more than a glorified friendly, both teams will be on the beach.

Personally I would go if I had a ticket but wouldn't be as keen on a game that has no meaning.

Yeah no doubt next season people will make "excuses" or reasons whatever you want to call it. At the end of the day people will usually find money if they really want to and can but then it's down to preference sometimes.

Thu May 09, 2019 4:28 pm

I haven't been away for years, but if I'd already paid for my ticket and then I decided not to go, why on earth would the ticket office give me my money back?

Thu May 09, 2019 4:33 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:I haven't been away for years, but if I'd already paid for my ticket and then I decided not to go, why on earth would the ticket office give me my money back?

Good point, it would never cross my mind.

Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
rhondda 1015 wrote:I haven't been away for years, but if I'd already paid for my ticket and then I decided not to go, why on earth would the ticket office give me my money back?

It's odd but they will, for home games aswell.

Might be something they need to look back into, I would imagine they may have done it as a gesture of goodwill in the past and I doubt it happens a lot but if it starts to get abused they will probably pull it.

Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 pm

RV Casual wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:

It's odd but they will, for home games aswell.

Might be something they need to look back into, I would imagine they may have done it as a gesture of goodwill in the past and I doubt it happens a lot but if it starts to get abused they will probably pull it.

Don't get it, I go and see bands everywhere. If for some reason I decide I can't go, there's no chance I'd get my ticket money back, and rightly so.
Last edited by rhondda 1015 on Thu May 09, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu May 09, 2019 5:25 pm

I am after tickets.
In fact half the coach of us!!!
Yippeeee

Old trafford, here we come....

Thu May 09, 2019 7:11 pm

Sven wrote:
theclaw wrote:How come once you have bought a ticket you can then take it back?Please don’t tell me you can do the same with season tickets!

People did after the last relegation (return season tickets) and some of those excuses were embarrassing; more to do with the relegation itself than it was ever about the infamous red (which was tolerable for them the season before in the Premier League) :oops:

Luke (2blue2handle) seems to think it's okay for people to buy and then return 'on a whim' but what about the people who wanted tickets but couldn't get them on 'games attended' grounds?

There were enough of them and many who would have like to, cannot go now due to the logistics of only 48 hours notice

I don't agree they should be able to be refunded. I just understand why some people may not want to go any longer.