Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

‘ Plans for new training ground ‘

Fri May 10, 2019 10:30 am

Plans for new training ground

NEIL WARNOCK:

“They’ve already agreed to a new training ground. The plans are exciting. I was talking to Steve Borley last week. These kind of things are needed. That’s what Burnley did when they got relegated. They invested in the training ground. At the moment we’re all over the shop with the academy there, the under-23s there and this that and they other. It would be nice to get everything closer today.”
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: ‘ Plans for new training ground ‘

Fri May 10, 2019 4:31 pm

That's great news!! :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Im sure we had plans the last time we were in prem. There were pictures as well knocking about.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... ew-3814988

Fri May 10, 2019 5:41 pm

Could be the signing of the season if it gets the club category one. Absolutely no point having youth in the current system if you aren't a category 1 team.

Fri May 10, 2019 6:56 pm

blue lagoon wrote:Im sure we had plans the last time we were in prem. There were pictures as well knocking about.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/foo ... ew-3814988

We did and have but locals not happy bunnies and have whinged about the plans! But think club have modified plans around the lighting that locals were objecting to, but been quiet for awhile now so perhaps with this extra money it will be going forward :thumbup:

Sat May 11, 2019 4:30 pm

We have suffered over many years without a training ground. The under 23’s down to the youngsters have frittered away and a few have slipped through the net.

If we manage to sort this facility out then a overhaul of who’s in charge and the staff is a must or we will still suffer.

Personally I would approach Osian Roberts and put him in total charge. Also to pick his staff maybe then we might pick up more Welsh players who once again have slipped our net :bluescarf:

I know, I know the net was full of holes that’s why they went through :ayatollah:

Sun May 12, 2019 9:15 am

Putting Osian Roberts would be a very very good idea , isnt he full time with the FAW though ?

Pretty sure he lives in Cardiff these days

Sun May 12, 2019 11:24 am

ReesWestonSuperMare wrote:Putting Osian Roberts would be a very very good idea , isnt he full time with the FAW though ?

Pretty sure he lives in Cardiff these days

He is...but money and ambition (day to day involvement and the potential to become a manager one day) could be a big draw to join Wales No.1 and capital-based club :thumbright:

Sun May 12, 2019 2:39 pm

Great shout, he could do both jobs and ensure we get the best Welsh youngsters.Imagine if we we had Brooks,Wilson,Mepham and Dan James on our books?