Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

“ Cardiff City 40,000-50,000 “

Fri May 10, 2019 12:10 pm

Future of the club and how its changed since you arrived

NEIL WARNOCK:

“When you see everybody pulling together. The crowd last weekend and everywhere you go in town. I went to Specsaveers last week and I got accosted by about 20 people in a five minute walk. The place is buzzing. It’s the capital of Wales and it’s a wonderful city. What I noticed last weekend is how many kids are coming in with their parents and grandparents. That’s what you’ve got to do. You’ve got to get the youngsters involved.”

“We’ve had full houses nearly every week and I think we’ll have decent crowds next season because it’s more than a football match. There wasn’t a lot of expectation when I came in but it now feels like a football club as one. It’s a club on the rise and has all the capacity to go forward. I think the club could take off and we could see 40,50000 here.”

Re: “ Cardiff City 40,000-50,000 “

Fri May 10, 2019 1:41 pm

No unfortunately.the clubs with the biggest attendances are the ones who have spent the vast majority of their history in top division.we fall well short on 17 seasons.

Fri May 10, 2019 2:47 pm

So Warnock now realises that his Little Cardiff battling against the odds have Big Potential!

Fri May 10, 2019 5:42 pm

i think everyone would love a stadium expansion but the club likes to reserve the cash instead of wasting it on the stadium. It would be nice to develop our stadium for the future but it won't happen at this stage. You would of course have the dilemma what Spurs had, either the stadium or transfers.

Fri May 10, 2019 7:14 pm

I think we'll see the Grange and Canton expansions in the near future but only the few thousand seats at the back. I don't think we'll see another Ninian type expansion any time soon.

Sat May 11, 2019 5:35 am

Won't fill it in a million years if we are in the Championship. Don't even know if the upper Ninian Stand will be open for Championship games next season.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:24 am

Cardiff isn’t a big club. In 50 odd years, you have only managed 2 seasons in the top division. As for potential and catchment area size, Cardiff isn’t is any bigger than most clubs in the championship.

Sat May 11, 2019 8:16 am

LovetheSwans wrote:Cardiff isn’t a big club. In 50 odd years, you have only managed 2 seasons in the top division. As for potential and catchment area size, Cardiff isn’t is any bigger than most clubs in the championship.

Are you daft? Cardiff as a city alone has one of the biggest populations out of the championship clubs aside from Leeds and Bristol but bristol is a 2 city club so you can't count that.
Add in the valleys and surrounding areas I'm sure you can see just how daft your comment was.

Bitter jacks who don't engage their brains.

Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 am

Sam ReaN wrote:i think everyone would love a stadium expansion but the club likes to reserve the cash instead of wasting it on the stadium. It would be nice to develop our stadium for the future but it won't happen at this stage. You would of course have the dilemma what Spurs had, either the stadium or transfers.

Sam, you advocated a new Stand a week or two ago? :?

Sat May 11, 2019 10:24 am

Sven wrote:
Sam ReaN wrote:i think everyone would love a stadium expansion but the club likes to reserve the cash instead of wasting it on the stadium. It would be nice to develop our stadium for the future but it won't happen at this stage. You would of course have the dilemma what Spurs had, either the stadium or transfers.

Sam, you advocated a new Stand a week or two ago? :?

We don’t have much reserves of cash.

Sat May 11, 2019 11:34 am

Bluesman wrote:Won't fill it in a million years if we are in the Championship. Don't even know if the upper Ninian Stand will be open for Championship games next season.

All if’s I know but if we became an established PL side you could add another 15,000 seats to the ground and we’d sell them, no problem.

Sat May 11, 2019 2:20 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:Cardiff isn’t a big club. In 50 odd years, you have only managed 2 seasons in the top division. As for potential and catchment area size, Cardiff isn’t is any bigger than most clubs in the championship.

it is actually but you keep thinking what keeps you happy..

Sat May 11, 2019 5:19 pm

dogfound wrote:

Big clubs spend more than 2 seasons in the top division in more than 50 years.

Sat May 11, 2019 7:27 pm

LovetheSwans wrote:
dogfound wrote:

Big clubs spend more than 2 seasons in the top division in more than 50 years.

think what you wish , I doubt youd even be on here posting if you actually believed the stuff you post tbh..youd just occasionally read and smirk if you read it at all.